Page 497 of 550 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8242

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #7441
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Jon's parentage was basically a big waste of time TBH
    In the least, it means he can ride a dragon. And it means is one of the reasons Drogon doesn't flat out kill Jon when he see's her next to Danys dead corpse.

    Didn't mean as much as it could have meant though. But who knows... down the line there could still be more. They left it open ended enough to continue the story if anyone really wants to.

  2. #7442
    Once And Future BAMF Hellion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Nowhere, Montana
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Some loose ends to consider:

    Did Dany unknowingly kill Ellaria Sand when she unleashed hell upon King's Landing? Cersei's punishment for her was to keep her alive for a long, long time staring at the corpse of her favorite (and last surviving) daughter. Obviously the show didn't have time to revisit her, so they created random, unnamed new Prince of Dorne instead.

    Is Bran going to like warg some wildlife and send them north through that gap in the Wall? Since the Night King had undead horses, bears, Giants, etc. in his army, I would assume the lands north of the Wall are completely devoid of life at the moment. Jon and the Wildlings are gonna need things to hunt and eat...

    Lastly, is the Stark line extinguished after this generation? Bran will likely die childless and he is the last male Stark. As much as I love Sansa ruling a la Queen Elizabeth I, if she ever married and produced children, would they take the Stark name or whatever House her husband comes from?
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

    Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

    "I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

  3. #7443
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Jon's parentage was basically a big waste of time TBH
    In the sense that he never actually pushed a claim for thebthrone orbsat on it, yes.

    There were other things beyond that. It explains the entire backstory to the show. It’s personally rewarding for Jon to know he wasn’t just some bastard. It explains Ned’s motives in season 1. Also prophecy wise, being the son of Rheagars line ended up being part of him being Azor Ahai

  4. #7444
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Some loose ends to consider:

    Did Dany unknowingly kill Ellaria Sand when she unleashed hell upon King's Landing? Cersei's punishment for her was to keep her alive for a long, long time staring at the corpse of her favorite (and last surviving) daughter. Obviously the show didn't have time to revisit her, so they created random, unnamed new Prince of Dorne instead.

    Is Bran going to like warg some wildlife and send them north through that gap in the Wall? Since the Night King had undead horses, bears, Giants, etc. in his army, I would assume the lands north of the Wall are completely devoid of life at the moment. Jon and the Wildlings are gonna need things to hunt and eat...

    Lastly, is the Stark line extinguished after this generation? Bran will likely die childless and he is the last male Stark. As much as I love Sansa ruling a la Queen Elizabeth I, if she ever married and produced children, would they take the Stark name or whatever House her husband comes from?
    A female Queen or Lord can make her husband take her family Sigil and name

  5. #7445
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Pretty mediocre ending I must say. Afgree with the comments about Jons parentage being a non issue. Anyone could have stuck her with a knife.

    On the plus side, I fought the books will be very close to this - wildly different in fact.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  6. #7446
    Fantastic Member cadet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    258

    Default

    If Bran has omniscience/Greensight, why does the Small Council need another Master of Whispers?

    Drogon should have burned Jon, and he could have either died or turned out to be fireproof. Him not attacking the man who obviously killed his "mother" makes no sense.

    Robin Arryn is probably thriving now that he's no longer under the influence of his crackpot mother Lysa or Littlefinger.

  7. #7447
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Pretty mediocre ending I must say. Afgree with the comments about Jons parentage being a non issue. Anyone could have stuck her with a knife.

    On the plus side, I fought the books will be very close to this - wildly different in fact.
    Eh, the beats will be the same (Dany burns down KL and jon kills her gets exiled, bran king, north independent, arya goes off) but the journey will be much different

    ah hell, lets be honest, it ain't gonna get done lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #7448
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by someone elsewhere
    So bran totally goes full palpatine and the show glosses it over. He wants Jon to know he’s a Targaryen because he knows it will be the last thing to drive dany to madness and also gets Jon out of the way for the true starks to rule. He executes his plan perfectly and no one even notices. He loves democracy and he is the senate.

    Then his first order of business when meeting with his council is to find a new spy master and war master, and then find Drogon. Sounds like he's ready to usher in a new golden age alright.
    I lol'd.

    Bran gonna rule with an iron fist for 1000 years lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  9. #7449
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    Bran as a main character had less screentime in 8 seasons than supporting characters like Brienne, Sam, Jorah, Davos and Littlefinger
    Last season he said he could never be the lord of anything.

    I think it's clear as day that this part of the ending is something they changed from GRRM's ending and they did that fairly recently, after season 7, with prior plans for the final ruler being different.

  10. #7450
    Wonder Moderator Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Pretty mediocre ending I must say. Afgree with the comments about Jons parentage being a non issue. Anyone could have stuck her with a knife.

    On the plus side, I fought the books will be very close to this - wildly different in fact.
    I think in the books it will have more of an impact towards Dany's decline in mental health. Not only does the man she love not want her anymore because they're related, but I'm guessing that her paranoia that Jon wants the throne is going to grow over time.

    It also adds to the 'who is going to get the throne' chaos by tossing in someone who has a strong claim. So does Gendry as Robert's only surviving son, and I suspect we'll get more of him in the books than we've seen in the show.

  11. #7451
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Bran as a main character had less screentime in 8 seasons than supporting characters like Brienne, Sam, Jorah, Davos and Littlefinger
    Last season he said he could never be the lord of anything.

    I think it's clear as day that this part of the ending is something they changed from GRRM's ending and they did that fairly recently, after season 7, with prior plans for the final ruler being different.
    It is more clear DnD forget what they wrote one season ago.

    Dialogue and consistent canon arne't there strong suits lol

    Probably dropped that line to subvert expectations....

    People thinking this isn't how GRRM's book ends are being a bit delusional.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #7452
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Some loose ends to consider:

    Did Dany unknowingly kill Ellaria Sand when she unleashed hell upon King's Landing? Cersei's punishment for her was to keep her alive for a long, long time staring at the corpse of her favorite (and last surviving) daughter. Obviously the show didn't have time to revisit her, so they created random, unnamed new Prince of Dorne instead.

    Is Bran going to like warg some wildlife and send them north through that gap in the Wall? Since the Night King had undead horses, bears, Giants, etc. in his army, I would assume the lands north of the Wall are completely devoid of life at the moment. Jon and the Wildlings are gonna need things to hunt and eat...

    Lastly, is the Stark line extinguished after this generation? Bran will likely die childless and he is the last male Stark. As much as I love Sansa ruling a la Queen Elizabeth I, if she ever married and produced children, would they take the Stark name or whatever House her husband comes from?
    Even if he's not supposed to, I suppose Jon still has a chance of producing a few kids. The old rules might not matter at this point, and I'll wager Sansa would legitmize them. Again, old rules don't necessarily apply.

    But on paper as is yeah... seems like this is the last of the Starks.

  13. #7453
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I think in the books it will have more of an impact towards Dany's decline in mental health. Not only does the man she love not want her anymore because they're related, but I'm guessing that her paranoia that Jon wants the throne is going to grow over time.

    It also adds to the 'who is going to get the throne' chaos by tossing in someone who has a strong claim. So does Gendry as Robert's only surviving son, and I suspect we'll get more of him in the books than we've seen in the show.
    I’m not going to eat too much about the books in case there are folks still reading up. But I am pretty sure based on what I know it will be wildly different.

    Daenerys going out of her mind is not a done deal. Martin has two books to go and can whatever he likes. He’s not beholden to justify what I think was a pretty weak climax.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  14. #7454
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Pretty mediocre ending I must say. Afgree with the comments about Jons parentage being a non issue. Anyone could have stuck her with a knife.

    On the plus side, I fought the books will be very close to this - wildly different in fact.
    Drogon and the Unsullied would have let only so many people that close to Dany unprotected. Even Arya with a Jon mask probably wouldn't get past the dragon.

    Not saying it's impossible of course... but Jon was one of the few people who could do it relatively easily, and perhaps the only person capable of getting away with it.

  15. #7455
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I’m not going to eat too much about the books in case there are folks still reading up. But I am pretty sure based on what I know it will be wildly different.

    Daenerys going out of her mind is not a done deal. Martin has two books to go and can whatever he likes. He’s not beholden to justify what I think was a pretty weak climax.
    I don't think Martin necessarily feels beholded to the show. But I'll wager the show flat out ASKED him how he planned to end it in his mind so at least the broader sweeps were what Martin would want and intended. How they got there might be different, but the destination I think is designed to be the same at least for the major characters like Jon and Dany.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •