Page 375 of 555 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376377378379385425475 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, it was bound to happen despite the producers' best efforts... the final scene of the series has leaked.

Not too sure about mixing a children’s program with show that features extreme violent, graphic sexual content, and incest.

I enjoyed this episode better then I thought I would for one where nothing happens. Arya Side boob really helped as well. I love that Theon has a chance to redeem himself by protecting Bran. I really dont like Sansa but to be honest I see her sitting on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. I just cant wait to get the battle with the Whitewalkers over with. I was never a fan of this story line and Jon going on about the only war that matters every two seconds really got old. I want to see the main event Cersi vs Dany. I love the political stuff more then ice zombies.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Well Robert was right about "his son and Ned's daughter" if would seem. Just, not quite in the way that he probably was expecting. Also was it just me or did Sansa want herself some Theon loving as well? Well after Ramsey, he'd probably be a step up even if no, well you know.

Anyway this was exactly a pretty good episode, and I was fine with it being "slower" because next week is likely to be mostly action and fighting and death, etc.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Not too sure about mixing a children’s program with show that features extreme violent, graphic sexual content, and incest.
    Oh I agree. But Sesame Street has done this before, with another HBO show. A show Sesame Streets audience should definitely not be be watching or have any idea about.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-21-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well Robert was right about "his son and Ned's daughter" if would seem. Just, not quite in the way that he probably was expecting. Also was it just me or did Sansa want herself some Theon loving as well? Well after Ramsey, he'd probably be a step up even if no, well you know.

Anyway this was exactly a pretty good episode, and I was fine with it being "slower" because next week is likely to be mostly action and fighting and death, etc.
    I don't think there's anything romantic or sexual about Sansa and Theon. I think they probably view each other as siblings and her reaction was a mix of gratitude for saving her from Ramsay and welcoming back a brother who she probably never expected to see again. Now all the living "Starks" are under one roof.

Ultimate Member

Robert is probably sitting wherever he is and laughing his butt off at this. and Ned's probably thinking "well at least it's not Joffrey."

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well after Ramsey, he'd probably be a step up even if no, well you know.
    Well that didn’t stop Grey Worm and Missandei.

I thought they did a nice job with this episode closing a lot of character circles. Theon, Greyworm/Missandei and Brienne being the two big ones, but also a bit of Sam, Jorah, Edd and Tormund. Then of course there are characters that are just hanging out without a real arc like Davos, Gilly, Varys, or Pod. So, they are dispensable at this point, but it's Game of Thrones so there's a chance they all make it out.

Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Jamie, Sansa, The Hound and Bran are likely the only people at Winterfell with plot armor. Not sure about Gendry and Arya. I feel like Arya has to make it back to King's Landing and I don't think they put Gendry on a 5 season break just to kill him at the Battle of Winterfell, but I could be wrong.

Now I’m suspecting that the show will end with Daenerys and Sansa plotting war against each other. The white walkers will be defeated. But like how World War I didn’t actually turn out to be the war to end all wars, the wheel will not really be broken as Daenerys planned. And the power struggle will resume business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    2nd episode is basically an hr of nothing happening except character moments. All the main characters in Winterfell get a moment or three to talk or do naughty things, shippers of a certain pairing will be happy, but otherwise it was just basically filler for the battle which will be next week. Not a bad episode as the character moments were all great but it still felt like nothing happened.
    Next episode will probably have a big body count. So this episode mostly serves to give some closure to some of the various little relationships that have been built up over the years.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Oh I agree. But Sesame Street has done this before, with another HBO show. A show Sesame Streets audience should definitely not be be watching or have any idea about.
    There's one for Westworld, too, with Cookie Monster.

I think these spots are aimed more at the adults than the kids.

I liked this episode a lot, even though the Big Battle has been pushed back yet another week. This kind of setup was really necessary for the climactic battle to have the resonance it needs to have. I expect the next episode or two to be balls to the wall action from start to finish. And will be when we start to lose some main characters.

Dany's reaction to her nephew's reveal was as expected. That combined with her reaction to Sansa obviously points to trouble ahead... maybe too obviously for it to play out the way it looks like it will.

Way to go, Gendry. Arya is a hottie and will make a fine queen. Unless she dies killing the Night King, which I think she will do with that dragonglass spear he made her. I wonder if it's possible to steal the face of a wight? Not of a Walker, since they shatter when they're killed.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

What would happen if she became a wight? Would they be able to tell she’s a fraud? Would she end up under their control? Could she even do it? Lot of questions and I don’t expect an answer to any of them.

a lot of strong character moments. i liked jamie/brienne best, wish i could read it anytime soon in martin his words.
    succubbus arya, mhh. not quite romantic "you´ll be my lady". got to think about it.

so we got team crypt, team perimeter defense and team winterfell, right?

i think team crypt will sport some major twist
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    What would happen if she became a wight? Would they be able to tell she’s a fraud? Would she end up under their control? Could she even do it? Lot of questions and I don’t expect an answer to any of them.
    Her best chance might be when the NK is distracted with Bran. Probably over the corpses of Theon and his Ironborn. But her face stealing ability seems to be too big a plot point not to get used somehow during the climax.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Tyrion definitely gonna do something that'll change the tide of battle, just not sure if it’ll benefit team living or team dead.

okay, so jon and dany charge of to mount the dragons, right?
    so the NK is out of ammo?
    they should keep their to remaining dragons as far away as the can from the NK´s sniping abilities
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.