Page 542 of 553 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 8281

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Disagree. It is extremely relevant because Gendry is a Targ. In fact, a smart Maester could argue Dany legitimatizing him and making him Lord of Storm's end effectively made him her heir in the event she did not produce children since Dany of all people should know that Robert was her cousin.

Really all that happened is a really long time ago, Orys Targ effectively chose to go by Orys Barratheon because he was a bastard. Even further down the road, Gendry's great grandmother who was a Targ married into the Barratheons. Gendry is Dany's cousin and heir.
    That's what I was arguing. Baratheons are no longer Targaryens, but they are the closest surviving house to them. In fact, that's how Robert justified his claim to the throne. If you got a council of maesters together to determine who Daenerys's blood heir is (not counting Jon), they would come up with Gendry.

Ultimate Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2_wYpoYQms

Pretty good video on Season 8. I must say that saying that Dany's "fall" isn't even as good as Anakin Skywalker's in the Star Wars PT, is one of the worst burns that you can give a plot-line writing-wise.

In season 3, Melisandre prophesied that Gendry would make kings rise and fall. Did this throwaway line ever bear fruit?

You could argue that his leeched blood killed Robb, Joffrey and Balon. But who rose? Tommen? Stannis never actually "rose" unless you count his one victory against the wildlings at the Wall. And Stannis "fell" because of Shireen, not Gendry. I guess Gendry helped the Night King literally rise by being part of the stupid wight hunt storyline in season 7. I mean I guess Gendry helped Bran rise (somewhat less literally) by, uh, voting for him, but then that makes Mel's prophecy as anti-climatic as the issue of Jon's parentage.

In my head cannon, Arya is killed when Dany burns King's Landing, which pisses off Lord Gendry Baratheon of the Stormlands. He essentially plays the role of his father: out to avenge the girl he loved who was taken from him by a Targaryen. Dany executes Tyrion for freeing his brother and holds Jon Snow hostage (or else he blindly continues to be her man) as Sansa and Gendry team up to overthrow the Targaryen monarch and the series ends with Robert's Rebellion 2.0 breaking loose...just sayin', it would've been a better ending than this Disneyfied, out-of-left-field crap.
    Last edited by Hellion; 05-27-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We know that he knows the outcome of the meeting we saw during the finale because he said so.

And I'm not saying he's invincible ... but that's a BIG advantage that Grey Worm would have a very very difficult time dealing with if he became difficult. He can essentially have you beaten before the fight is even really over. I'll simply say again, if you are going to go to war with the Starks you had better be dam sure it's worth it. These are NOT the people you want to mess with.

As far as Jons punishment... I think they allowed it because firstly they don't want to go to war, even a war they can win. They're good people. Secondly, I think pretty much everyone knows that Jon would probably be happy with his punishment. So it's a win win all around. I don't think there was too much complaining from the Stark camp over the outcome of GoT. They walked away in good shape. No war needed.
    We know he saw himself as King. For how long is debatable. Yes he has an advantage. Not sure that overcomes the lack of cavalry, spearmen or ships. One thing to know future. Quite another to be able to take advantage of it with less resources.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    That's what I was arguing. Baratheons are no longer Targaryens, but they are the closest surviving house to them. In fact, that's how Robert justified his claim to the throne. If you got a council of maesters together to determine who Daenerys's blood heir is (not counting Jon), they would come up with Gendry.
    Ok we agree then.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think you guys might be forgetting House Velaryon, which was sadly never present in the show. The Velaryons were more intricately tied to the Targaryens in allegiance and blood than any other house; I'm sure the "Targaryen blood connection" made after Robert's Rebellion to choose who sat the Iron Throne was conducted only on members that fought on Robert's side. Otherwise, House Velaryon might have a better claim.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

We know he saw himself as King. For how long is debatable. Yes he has an advantage. Not sure that overcomes the lack of cavalry, spearmen or ships. One thing to know future. Quite another to be able to take advantage of it with less resources.
    It doesnt need to overcone cavalry, spearmen or ships. They are in a walked city with little or no resources. North doesn't have to beat them. Hunger can do that for them.

In a hypothetical game of who beats whom, Bran is hypothetically the most dangerous player on the board. The Starks aren't the ones you want to bet against.

It doesnt need to overcone cavalry, spearmen or ships. They are in a walked city with little or no resources. North doesn't have to beat them. Hunger can do that for them.

In a hypothetical game of who beats whom, Bran is hypothetically the most dangerous player on the board. The Starks aren't the ones you want to bet against.
    They have a harbor and can be supplied via sea so no they won't starve.

Bigger question is how North going to get all these supplies for a siege. Where are they getting food to feed thousands of troops particularly if the Reach isn't keen on feeding them.

A long siege makes little sense for the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I think you guys might be forgetting House Velaryon, which was sadly never present in the show. The Velaryons were more intricately tied to the Targaryens in allegiance and blood than any other house; I'm sure the "Targaryen blood connection" made after Robert's Rebellion to choose who sat the Iron Throne was conducted only on members that fought on Robert's side. Otherwise, House Velaryon might have a better claim.
    Dont think they Trump having a Great grandmother that is a Targ and a House founder that is also rumored to be a Targ. Being descended from the brother of Aegon is pretty significant.

They have a harbor and can be supplied via sea so no they won't starve.

Bigger question is how North going to get all these supplies for a siege. Where are they getting food to feed thousands of troops particularly if the Reach isn't keen on feeding them.

A long siege makes little sense for the North.
    Sure there's a harbor, assuming they can maintain control of that poet where exactly are they getting those supplies from? How are they going to pay for it?

The north can outlast the unsullied because the north is a self sufficient kingdom in and of itself while the unsullied are just an army in a devastated city with no resources.

Sure there's a harbor, assuming they can maintain control of that poet where exactly are they getting those supplies from? How are they going to pay for it?

The north can outlast the unsullied because the north is a self sufficient kingdom in and of itself while the unsullied are just an army in a devastated city with no resources.
    Harbor is on backside of KL and Iron Islands can control seas as only nation with any sea capabilities at this point.

It is not just Unsullied. It would be Unsullied in alliance with Dorne and Islands.

North isnt going to be able to just move food from North to South.

I would imagine Bronn would make a killing selling food from Reach to both armies as he won't be keen to pick sides given his tenuous hold on Reach and making them boatloads of cash would go a long away to appease people.

Harbor is on backside of KL and Iron Islands can control seas as only nation with any sea capabilities at this point.

It is not just Unsullied. It would be Unsullied in alliance with Dorne and Islands.

North isnt going to be able to just move food from North to South.

I would imagine Bronn would make a killing selling food from Reach to both armies as he won't be keen to pick sides given his tenuous hold on Reach and making them boatloads of cash would go a long away to appease people.
    Yeah, if Yara wants to die for Grey Worm, I'm sure Arya can accomodate her. She can serve her to Grey Worm before she kill him too. Again, we go back to the idea of whether or not this is worth it for Yara because regardless of who wins or loses, she's likely not going to live long enough to find out. Neither will Grey Worm for that matter. So Yara had better dam well be sure that Jon Snow getting punished is worth dying for, cause that's probably what going to happen.

Amazing Member

Greyworm can just order his men to kill Arya and rest of Lords right then and there. Or can she fly too? I mean they did just come to a meeting while leaving their soldiers outside the city. So if we going full Ham then just kill her right there.

In fact, aren't the faceless men suppose to kill her for using her skills for personal gain? She can be killed. Let's not exaggerate.

Also you assuming arnies eat just one big meal like Frey's. Unlikely. Or that there are no tasters or that she has enough poison to kill thousands.
    I don't think you realize how plot armor works. She'll survive. It doesn't matter how absurd the scenario is (Seriously, have you been watching this show? We're long past that at this point) that's why it's plot armor. She'll somehow escape and just kill them all later. She slipped past all those troops when she did her batman act and suddenly appeared next to Jon after Dany's post-burning speech. I'm sorry to break it to you but if the Night king couldn't kill her, Raining Dragon fire couldn't kill her, multiple stabs in the stomach by faceless waif couldn't kill her. Greyworm won't be able to kill her. Once she escapes's she'll regroup and kill the leaders, and then go after their lieutenants. The North wins.

Arya is the north's nuclear weapon. Blame D&D, I'm just going by the show's rules.
    Last edited by Variant; 05-27-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Listening to non geek friends complain about the ending. The biggest complaint more so then Bran ending up king after saying he couldnt be the lord of winterfell becaus hes the TER. Was that Grey Worm and Jon didnt fight. I mean I wanted them too but when it was all said and done it didnt upset me that they didnt but apparently people wanted those two to fight bad.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Listening to non geek friends complain about the ending. The biggest complaint more so then Bran ending up king after saying he couldnt be the lord of winterfell becaus hes the TER. Was that Grey Worm and Jon didnt fight. I mean I wanted them too but when it was all said and done it didnt upset me that they didnt but apparently people wanted those two to fight bad.
    Yeah, I wasn't upset that there wasn't a fight, but I was genuinely surprised that it didn't happen. There seemed to be palpable tension between those 2 in the last few episodes. It's one of the reasons why I find it so hard to believe that Greyworm wouldn't execute Jon outright for killing Dany.
    Last edited by Variant; 05-27-2019 at 02:37 PM.