Page 410 of 555 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's nonsense numbers.

The Night King, luckily, was never what this show was about.
    The NK was a big part of the story. "winter is coming." "winter is here."

I think the problem with the Arya jump attack wasn't the fact that she did it, but how it was done. It seemed like she jumped from twenty feet behind an army of zombies and generals only to have a cool knife trick. Part of me expected a cool zinger after he died.

I think there was a similar problem last season with the killing of littlefinger. The writers/directors wanted to have a surprise effect of wowing the audience with Sansas, "How do you plead......Littlefinger." So they had an Arya vs Sansa subplot that didn't make any sense, but without this, the death wouldn't be as cool.

It also seems like any criticism of the show or the death is just dismissed as you don't like it because you're sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, I've read that same theory and rewatched that scene, and honestly, I think it's a lot of wishful thinking on fans part looking for something to hang their "Jon should've killed the Night King" hat on. Really, it basically boils down to the idea that, while Azor Ahai is responsible for confronting and ending the Long Night, the prophecy never specifically states he or she is the one who will kill the Night King. Basically, he or she is the one who will bring all of humanity together to combat the darkness.

However, there is still one part of the Azor Ahai legend that has not been fulfilled yet...but the series is already setting it up for it being fulfilled.
    When you watch the scene though Jon clearly is yelling go, go, goooo! Doesn't make sense that he would yell those words unless it was for Arya.

It doesn't diminish Arya getting the kill in any way. I see it like a basketball game where the point guard gets an assist for the pass but another player gets the dunk and highlight video.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I think the problem with the Arya jump attack wasn't the fact that she did it, but how it was done. It seemed like she jumped from twenty feet behind an army of zombies and generals only to have a cool knife trick. Part of me expected a cool zinger after he died.

[/I]
    My only problem was that it appeared she was coming down at him. Arya (Maise Williams) is 5'1". So either she leaped of something (what?) or pulled a Michael Jordan like leap to get that kind of height.

Otherwise I think it was a good scene.

My only problem with it was her screaming. She was so stealthy to even get that close but the minute she goes or the attack, she starts screaming, which alarmed the NK to react and grab her by the neck. She really got lucky bc I thought he had killed her when he did that

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

They probably would have considered this episode a failure if it didn't have fans at each other's throats.

As Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Yeah, but when Oscar Wilde said that he was referring to the Sopranos ending, not this. Get your facts straight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I’m not saying it was 50%, hence the wording “say 50%”. It could be 60 to 40, 70 tp 30 or whatever. I was throwing out any number to show that a large number of critics as well as fans is not a good thing for the episode. All I’m seeing is debates like in our forum, going back and forth on the episode, which is not the mark of a great episode.

Better yet, just google “episode 3 disappointment” and see the list the displays.
    Having lots of complaints, especially on the internet (of all places), isn't really anything shocking.

In this day-and-age of click-bait titles ("ANGRY RANT!" was one of the titles after conducting the search you suggested) and sensationalism (not to mention finding 3-4 links to the same video), compounded by human nature (we tend to be more vocal when we're complaining)...yeah, I'm not shocked. At all.

Google search how many videos there are complaining about Captain Marvel. Then Google search how much money that movie made. Either the people that hate things are very stupid, or (at least sometimes) they're very small in number.

What if your imaginary number is closer to 10%?

A collection of critic reviews for you, btw.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Having lots of complaints, especially on the internet (of all places), isn't really anything shocking.

In this day-and-age of click-bait titles ("ANGRY RANT!" was one of the titles after conducting the search you suggested) and sensationalism (not to mention finding 3-4 links to the same video), compounded by human nature (we tend to be more vocal when we're complaining)...yeah, I'm not shocked. At all.

Google search how many videos there are complaining about Captain Marvel. Then Google search how much money that movie made. Either the people that hate things are very stupid, or (at least sometimes) they're very small in number.

What if your imaginary number is closer to 10%?
    A few days ago some fans were allegedly triggered because a girl got the kill.

Then it was fans being triggered because the girl was supposedly a Mary Sue.

Now its other fans being triggered over the possibility that Jon might have assisted Arya in the kill as if that somehow diminishes what Arya did.

Basically in todays age there will be someone triggered and whining about everything. You can never please everyone and if you try you'll please no one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    A few days ago some fans were allegedly triggered because a girl got the kill.

Then it was fans being triggered because the girl was supposedly a Mary Sue.

Now its other fans being triggered over the possibility that Jon might have assisted Arya in the kill as if that somehow diminishes what Arya did.

Basically in todays age there will be someone triggered and whining about everything. You can never please everyone and if you try you'll please no one.
    I don't think people "being triggered" is really anything new; you're right, you can't please everyone. And that's okay! We all have different tastes. But again...people should be smarter than to think "Oh a handful of people on the internet is an exceedingly large number of people", or that because they visit a forum where it seems like most/everyone there agrees with them, that there aren't forums with the opposite happening.

How things spread and how people are able to voice their dissatisfaction has changed, though.

Spectacular Member

[QUOTE=Star_Jammer;4338550]I don't think people "being triggered" is really anything new; you're right, you can't please everyone. And that's okay! We all have different tastes. But again...people should be smarter than to think "Oh a handful of people on the internet is an exceedingly large number of people", or that because they visit a forum where it seems like most/everyone there agrees with them, that there aren't forums with the opposite happening.

Those google and YouTube searches were a bit more than a handful.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019...eactions-arya/

Lets not go to the other extreme and act like internet response means nothing as well. Look at what happened due to the feedback from the sonic trailer.

And no, I’m not saying that it reached the level that fans had with the sonic trailer, just that internet feedback can be a lot more than a 4 or 5 disgruntled fans.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 05-03-2019 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

I don't think people "being triggered" is really anything new; you're right, you can't please everyone. And that's okay! We all have different tastes. But again...people should be smarter than to think "Oh a handful of people on the internet is an exceedingly large number of people", or that because they visit a forum where it seems like most/everyone there agrees with them, that there aren't forums with the opposite happening.

Those google and YouTube searches were a bit more than a handful.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019...eactions-arya/

Lets not go to the other extreme and act like internet response means nothing as well. Look at what happened due to the feedback from the sonic trailer.
    I'm not going to any extreme. I'm not the one trying to quantify or measure anyone's satisfaction or disappointment (your imaginary 50% number).

But if you look at the list of critics (a source of "evidence" you originally brought up) I provided for you, there are more green boxes than red.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm not going to any extreme. I'm not the one trying to quantify or measure anyone's satisfaction or disappointment (your imaginary 50% number).

But if you look at the list of critics (a source of "evidence" you originally brought up) I provided for you, there are more green boxes than red.
    Actually you did quantify by stating only a handful of people on the internet... and also tried to throw in a veiled insult.

Not saying one group has more than the other, we’ll never know that, only that it’s pretty mixed.

BANNED

Actually you did quantify by stating only a handful of people on the internet... and also tried to throw in a veiled insult.

Not saying one group has more than the other, we’ll never know that, only that it’s pretty mixed.
    I was speaking to the issue at large (when people assume that a group against something might be larger than it is, hence the reference to Captain Marvel), not specifically about GoT. And it wasn't a veiled insult; people should be smarter than that. People should be able to realize that "Hey, this group of people might not like something...but we also might be the minority in that opinion". We don't live in an age where getting information is difficult to do. We don't live in an age where we have to be insular.

For instance, you mentioned critics opinions' on the episode. What are your thoughts on the link I provided?
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 05-03-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm just going to put my two cents in here. While I would have preferred to see Jon kill the NK, I was okay with Arya killing him. If you step back and think about it, Bran really set the whole thing up. He knew what was going to happen, made sure Arya had that blade and sat back and watched it all play out.

I just want to see Arya wipe that smug smile off of Cersei's face once and for all.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor