Page 409 of 555 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459509 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,135 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I would have liked a quick scene of a faceless Arya slipping past White Walkers, but I think that would prolly kill the dramatic imagery of her stabbing the Night's King.

There's also so much interpretation as to what the hell she exactly went through in the House of the Black and White. What exactly she is, and all that jazz.

I prefer the ambiguity.
    The actually do show a shot of a gist of wind brushing past a White Walker and him noticing that something just ran past him

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    why?

I don't mind it, it's very tragic, but why besides that?
    -Cersei prophecy implies that a "little brother" will kill her.

-Jamie killed the Mad King to save the realm, so him having to kill the Mad Queen to save the realm would be poetic. Heck Cersei did the thing that Jamie killed the Mad King to prevent, use Wildfire to blow up part of King's Landing and kill a bunch of people at the end of S6.

-Jamie's love for Cersei is his greatest flaw. In the pilot, he tried to murder a child to protect her. So him killing her to end her madness is also poetic.

-It completes his redemption arc, whether he dies in the process or not.

-Etc.

Sorry but I'm not seeing how Arya doing it makes more sense then this. Heck Sansa doing it would make more sense than Arya even. I don't care about "being subversive" for its own sake, I want the option that makes sense and fits with the build-up. And if that's the "predictable" one, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Cersei prophecy implies that a "little brother" will kill her.

-Jamie killed the Mad King to save the realm, so him having to kill the Mad Queen to save the realm would be poetic. Heck Cersei did the thing that Jamie killed the Mad King to prevent, use Wildfire to blow up part of King's Landing and kill a bunch of people at the end of S6.

-Jamie's love for Cersei is his greatest flaw. In the pilot, he tried to murder a child to protect her. So him killing her to end her madness is also poetic.

-It completes his redemption arc, whether he dies in the process or not.

-Etc.

Sorry but I'm not seeing how Arya doing it makes more sense then this. Heck Sansa doing it would make more sense than Arya even. I don't care about "being subversive" for its own sake, I want the option that makes sense and fits with the build-up. And if that's the "predictable" one, then so be it.
    it's ok to disagree, we are allowed to a different opinion.

To me Jamie tried to kill Bran to protect both him and Cersei. And Arya saw her own father being decapitated and she always wanted to take revenge on the Lannisters. There is more than just one way to kill Cersei and be satisfying. But many didn't feel that with Arya killing the NK.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    it's ok to disagree, we are allowed to a different opinion.

To me Jamie tried to kill Bran to protect both him and Cersei. And Arya saw her own father being decapitated and she always wanted to take revenge on the Lannisters. There is more than just one way to kill Cersei and be satisfying. But many didn't feel that with Arya killing the NK.
    And many are satisfied with Arya’s Night King kill. So...square one?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    And many are satisfied with Arya’s Night King kill. So...square one?
    The point is, if say 50% of the audience is disappointed with the ending, then that probably wasn’t the response the directors desired. Take for example a movie, that only 50% of the critics or audience liked. That movie is usually not regarded as being a success.

Also, a lot of people are upset that the Night King was killed in this episode and Cersei being the “main boss” and feel letdown with the result of the story of the white walkers in general.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    The point is, if say 50% of the audience is disappointed with the ending, then that probably wasn’t the response the directors desired. Take for example a movie, that only 50% of the critics or audience liked. That movie is usually not regarded as being a success.

Also, a lot of people are upset that the Night King was killed in this episode and Cersei being the “main boss” and feel letdown with the result of the story of the white walkers in general.
    50% is just an asspull guess at this point, though.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

50% may be an accurate number for this forum, but not for the fandom at large from what I've seen.

Not Today has been WILDLY popular this past week. I think Arya's moment has been an overall win

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    50% may be an accurate number for this forum, but not for the fandom at large from what I've seen.
    Another forum I visit seems overwhelmingly in favor of the topic (as compared to here, at least).

It's important to remember that anecdotal evidence isn't really evidence.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    50% is just an asspull guess at this point, though.
    Of course we don’t know the actual number, but there’s been lots of disappointment with episode. Not saying it doesn’t have its fans, but there a large number of critics as well. Don’t think that’s really debatable. Go to YouTube and search for “game of thrones episode 3 disappointment”. You’ll see a whole list of ongoing rants about the episode.

What was that forum you were referencing, I’m sure there are some topics with people not happy with episode.

This episode was not as well received as battles such as “Battle of the Bastards”, “Hardhome”, “Watchers on the Wall”. There wasn’t a backlash after those episodes.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 05-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post

That's nonsense numbers.

The Night King, luckily, was never what this show was about.

Spectacular Member

That's nonsense numbers.

I’m not saying it was 50%, hence the wording “say 50%”. It could be 60 to 40, 70 tp 30 or whatever. I was throwing out any number to show that a large number of critics as well as fans is not a good thing for the episode. All I’m seeing is debates like in our forum, going back and forth on the episode, which is not the mark of a great episode.

Better yet, just google “episode 3 disappointment” and see the list the displays.
    Last edited by soccerguy951; 05-03-2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Arya never kills the Night King if not for Jon being willing to sacrifice himself. I like many missed it the first viewing but when Jon stands up in front of the dragon he is screaming "Go, go, gooooooooo!" And then we see Arya breezing past the wights and killing the Night King. They didn't show it because it would have given away the surprise but Jon must have seen Arya also trying to get past the dragon and realized that the only way either of them get past is if one distracts the dragon so Jon did this. Arya still gets credit for the killing blow but Jon clearly gets an assist.
    Yeah, I've read that same theory and rewatched that scene, and honestly, I think it's a lot of wishful thinking on fans part looking for something to hang their "Jon should've killed the Night King" hat on. Really, it basically boils down to the idea that, while Azor Ahai is responsible for confronting and ending the Long Night, the prophecy never specifically states he or she is the one who will kill the Night King. Basically, he or she is the one who will bring all of humanity together to combat the darkness.

However, there is still one part of the Azor Ahai legend that has not been fulfilled yet...but the series is already setting it up for it being fulfilled.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 05-03-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

My complaint was never about Arya killing NK. It's everything else that bugs me.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

It probably was, until it wasn't.