Page 374 of 555 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I could see the battle between Cersei and Dany leaving Westeros so devastated that there’s nothing left to rule. Somebody playing and winning the game of thrones only to end up with an empire of dirt feels like a fittingly bittersweet way to end the story.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, it was bound to happen despite the producers' best efforts... the final scene of the series has leaked.

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I could see the battle between Cersei and Dany leaving Westeros so devastated that there’s nothing left to rule. Somebody playing and winning the game of thrones only to end up with an empire of dirt feels like a fittingly bittersweet way to end the story.
    id be down with that

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Well, it was bound to happen despite the producers' best efforts... the final scene of the series has leaked.

I love Elmo and that was really sweet.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I found the S8 premier alright. Nothing impressive honestly, but some nice scenes like Dany and Jon flying with the dragons. I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon at all. And also Arya and Jon reuniting was pretty sweet. Sansa was unlikable and Bran super creepy.

Astonishing Member

I actually think Sam is going to end up in charge after all is said and done. He is the smartest. The most moral. He has the sword. He is fat and goofy like the author. I think its obvious. He won't be a king. He will be a head of a new type of government.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I actually think Sam is going to end up in charge after all is said and done. He is the smartest. The most moral. He has the sword. He is fat and goofy like the author. I think its obvious. He won't be a king. He will be a head of a new type of government.
    He will end up in a important role but I think hes too weak to even be something like a president. Hes grown alot but hes not leadership material. Hes not making the tough calls. Someone like John or Tyrion imo is ideal because they are Moral by Game of Thrones standards, John more so. But both are good people who dont want the power but have proven to be good leaders when called upon. Maybe break Westeros down in independent governments with no King. Which I think could happen if Danny and Cersie both die. Everyone else I think would be fine with everyone running themselves and there being no king. Maybe a council where everyone equal and Sam could represent the Citadel or House Tully there. But I dont see him sitting and the head of that table in a president type role

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think Gendry will wind up as king, and having grown up as a commoner and working man he will have a strong sympathy for them. I think he will be the first Westerosi king to call a parliament, in which lords and commoners are both represented, and that will set them on the road to eventual democracy... if they can keep it.

Jon might do the same if he ends up as king. Dany, probably not.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

2nd episode is basically an hr of nothing happening except character moments. All the main characters in Winterfell get a moment or three to talk or do naughty things, shippers of a certain pairing will be happy, but otherwise it was just basically filler for the battle which will be next week. Not a bad episode as the character moments were all great but it still felt like nothing happened.

We did see a return of the Westeros fast travel system though as a character who was in Kings Landing in the first episode made it to Winterfell early in the 2nd episode.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    We did see a return of the Westeros fast travel system though as a character who was in Kings Landing in the first episode made it to Winterfell early in the 2nd episode.
    Good. We got only got 4 episodes left, don’t have any time to waste on extended travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Who? Jamie left right after they did. Theon traveled by sea
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Nice to see those two get laid.

Arya got her some Gendry. Knew it was coming. I wonder if Geoffry had never came along for Sansa would Ned have pledged her to Theon?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"