Page 448 of 555 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

This season has been very underwhelming, but I think this was my favorite episode so far. This was the first time I actually felt like Drogon was powerful. Although the fleet and the scorpions were defeated kinda easily, as was the Golden Company. I think seeing the Red Keep fall was very intense. The terror was real. It will be interesting to see what happens in the final episode. I like evil Dany, but I hope Jon Snow survives, however unlikely that may seem.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That's really irrelevant. You just can't claim this **** wasn't there with her from the very beginning. This was a person that rolled around with a group of savages that called themselves bloodriders. She ingratiated herself to their culture and then watched their leader kill her brother for an insult. This was the same brother that literally spent his life taking care of her and making sure she survived as an infant. Then when that would be conquerer slaughtered another village and finally faced a women who gave him his end, Dany decided to burn her in cold blood. Khal Drogo was not a good dude. In the books we had multiple visions that had Dany's child been born he would have laid siege to the world. Dany was convinced to conquer three cities just to get resources and to prove she could rule. Nobody in these cities really wanted her. She burned the leaders of these cities alive and disrupted the natural order of these cities. This led to civil wars where countless perished. Dany had to burn more people to quell the civil war. Then she just told her sellsword group to run the cities while she left to go conquer a place she had never been in her life because her brother told her stories about how it was his birthright. This was after she used those same sellswords to brutally murder people so she could conquer one of those cities. She burned a bunch of Khals just to take the Dothraki army.

Then she came to Westeros with an army of Dothraki bloodriders, a group of hardened footshoulders, and three dragons to....

Oh and lets talk about the countless stupid titles she gave herself and fashioned herself as a righteous savior while she constantly burned all these people. Then she burned the Tarly's despite Tyrion trying to get them to go to the wall and/or save them because they wouldn't submit to her.

This was always there. It's been there from the beginning. It was classic GRRM just switching the perspective a little bit so that all the typical **** Dany did, would be viewed in a different light
    Yeah, you watched a different show mate.

Dany's brother was a monster. Like, a terrible dude. The slavers were horrific people. To hell with "the natural order"...they were literal slave lords.

Sometimes you need to meet extreme violence with extreme violence.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-12-2019 at 08:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Because earlier she blamed the citizens for not overthrowing Cersei.
    This. She outright said that the people in Essos embraced her immediately and chose her when she started going after the slavers so she had no real need to kill them. Which is true. She had Jorah and Barristan in the books who were very tactical and were able to help her sway opinion quickly. Ever since she came to Westeros she faced resistance from the actual people in charge of the power structure and those that followed them. It started with the Tarly's. Then she felt betrayed that the Northerners didn't immediately embrace her. Then the people of King's Landing. She's like Visery's. She viewed Westeros as a birthright and something she was entitled to. Yes there were wars between Starks and Lannisters and what not, but the realm had moved on from Targaryan rule. By the time Dany got there, Cersei basically was consolidating power in the South (violently I might add) and Jon/Sansa basically locked up the North. There was really no one begging her to come to the rescue

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Not if you read the books. It's made very clear that Viserys was the only reason Dany survived for as long as she did and that while he became an ******* it was because he was reduced to essentially being a beggar to make sure him and Dany survived and that one of the final insults was having to sell away his sister. It's made very clear EXACTLY what the Dothraki are in the books and how vicious they are and how the witch that made Drogo catatonic had to watch her city get massacred and raped because of them and that she probably saved more lived by getting rid of Drogo. Dany's response was burn her.

It's not revisionism. It's the show and book wanted you to sympathize more with Dany's perspective up until a certain point so we were given more distance from those who were effected by her.
    Viserys was abusive as ****, he basically used her to get what he wanted. Dani also killed Mirri cause of what she did to her unborn child. The nerve of her I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah, you watched a different show mate.

Dany's brother was a monster. Like, a terrible dude.
    What did he do? He sold Dany to Drogo to get an army? He was resentful and hit her a few times?

It's also made CLEAR as day that he dragged Dany around and begged so that him and her would have shelter and food and that he was mocked as the "Beggar King" for doing whatever he could to keep her alive. Yeah he grew resentful as he got older because he spent his whole life on the run and started to view Dany as baggage then he was talked into marrying off his sister for an army that ended up showing virtually no allegiance to him. Yeah he would have been shitty king, but the books make it pretty clear that he sacraficed a lot to keep Dany safe and that over the years it made him a colder person. And at the end of the day he still was her brother and still was trying to get them back to their home.

And regardless Dany watched her conquerer husband poor molten gold on his head after he spent years keeping her alive. I would suggest you read the books.

A lot of these things are completely perspective based. When we first meet Viserys, it's towards the tailend of his character journey where he was resentful and had been reduced to giving up the last thing he had of value to try to get back home and was getting **** on for it.

This. She outright said that the people in Essos embraced her immediately and chose her when she started going after the slavers so she had no real need to kill them. Which is true. She had Jorah and Barristan in the books who were very tactical and were able to help her sway opinion quickly. Ever since she came to Westeros she faced resistance from the actual people in charge of the power structure and those that followed them. It started with the Tarly's. Then she felt betrayed that the Northerners didn't immediately embrace her. Then the people of King's Landing. She's like Visery's. She viewed Westeros as a birthright and something she was entitled to. Yes there were wars between Starks and Lannisters and what not, but the realm had moved on from Targaryan rule. By the time Dany got there, Cersei basically was consolidating power in the South (violently I might add) and Jon/Sansa basically locked up the North. There was really no one begging her to come to the rescue
    I think you can argue the people of the North arguably owe her some degree loyalty since she actually did help rescue them from the Night King. And they warned up to her to the degree you can expect. Though they all clearly still preferred the Starks, I think most in the North were OKAY with her. Or at least as okay as you can expect them to be, given how abruptly Jon gave her the kingdom.

But certainly the people in Kings Landing had no reason whatsoever to really support her over Cersi. To expect any sort of rebellion against her by the masses would have been pretty unrealistic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What did he do? He sold Dany to Drogo to get an army? He was resentful and hit her a few times?

It's also made CLEAR as day that he dragged Dany around and begged so that him and her would have shelter and food and that he was mocked as the "Beggar King" for doing whatever he could to keep her alive. Yeah he grew resentful as he got older because he spent his whole life on the run and started to view Dany as baggage then he was talked into marrying off his sister for an army that ended up showing virtually no allegiance to him. Yeah he would have been shitty king, but the books make it pretty clear that he sacraficed a lot to keep Dany safe and that over the years it made him a colder person. And at the end of the day he still was her brother and still was trying to get them back to their home.

And regardless Dany watched her conquerer husband poor molten gold on his head after he spent years keeping her alive. I would suggest you read the books.

A lot of these things are completely perspective based. When we first meet Viserys, it's towards the tailend of his character journey where he was resentful and had been reduced to giving up the last thing he had of value to try to get back home and was getting **** on for it.
    He abused her constantly. Physically and emotionally. The only reason he didn't delve into "sexually" too, is because he needed to sell her off to someone else so that they could sexually abuse her.

She was able to conquer Khal Drogo, but if she had not? What a miserable existence she would have had.

The dude deserved exactly what he got.

"Keep her safe"- nonsense. She's a kept object. To be bought and sold.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-12-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Wait, what characters we were attached to exactly? lol
    Dadvos Seaworth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Viserys was abusive as ****, he basically used her to get what he wanted. Dani also killed Mirri cause of what she did to her unborn child. The nerve of her I guess.
    And she would have been dead without Viserys. And why did Mirri do that? Oh because Dany's husband just ran through her entire tribe, killed all the men, slaughtered children, and raped all the women? Oh because she was a witch and knew Dany's son was going to literally kill millions as a conquerer. A vision that's confirmed in the House of the Undying scene in the book where she literally see's a vision of that future herself? But Dany was totally cool with Mirri's village being destroyed by her husband and didn't give it a second thought, but expected loyalty from her.

If the book was written from Mirri's perspective you would have seen the horror caused by the the Dothraki and what she knew about the prophecy about the Stallion Who Mounts the World and she would have been the hero who sacraficed herself to kill the evil bloodrider who was considered the greatest of his time and then saved the world from a horrible future.

This is all stated in the book by the way. It's not me making **** up. GRRM doubles down on how bad Dany's child would have been the very next book and he never mixed words about how ruthless the Dothraki were.

And yeah Viserys was not a good guy, but he also was basically spending his whole life protecting himself and his sister and then got cast aside.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

You and XPac still never answered my question from before, what was Danni to do at this point of her life? At the time she wasn't in control of the Dothraki. She was basically a kid who had to fend for herself. She did what it took for her to survive

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OceanStar View Post
    How did y like the way they handle Cleganebowl?
    I'm a little disappointed myself.
    I don't think it was emotional enough. Granted they aren't going to have heartfelt dialogue, but there wasn't a callback to his fear of fire, or any kind of difficult decision that had to be made during the conflict. That being said there wasn't much build-up for it to begin with. We hear the backstory of what happened, then the Hound awkwardly confronts him during their meeting in King's Landing. I never bought it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

But certainly the people in Kings Landing had no reason whatsoever to really support her over Cersi. To expect any sort of rebellion against her by the masses would have been pretty unrealistic.
    The people of Kings Landing seemed to hate her based on the treatment she got from the walk of shame and Tyrion in the last episode said they hated her. Cersei did blow up a church that killed many innocent people in the process.

I was surprised that the prophecy didn't come true. When Cersei and Jaime were trapped, I felt sure that he would kill her to spare her the pain of being crushed or burned. The prophecy would be fulfilled, but it would be an act of mercy. Instead they just die.

Dani finally lost it. Been seeing this coming since Season One. Don't agree with the Mother of Dragons? Burn to death. I really hope somebody flips her off switch next week.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm going to disagree with that because this is kind of right up Dany's alley. This is exactly what she was doing in Essos. We just didn't care because it was a bunch of slave masters and ******* Dothraki Khals that she was burning. Now it's characters we are attached to. She literally decided to conquer a few cities just to prove she could do it as a trial run and Mereen went to hell for it. She watched her brother get burned by a bunch of savages and was cool with it. And the books make it a point to show that while Viserys was a dick, it was mostly because he was burdened with the loss of the Targ empire more than anyone. There's also a reason why that witch in season 1 didn't want Dany's child born to be the Stallion who Mounts the World.

This was teased with the Tarly's in season 7 and Tyrion trying to talk her down multiple times. This was in the cards for awhile
    She's always had that brutal streak to her. But it's one thing to look at an enemy ruler in the face and sentence them, and another to massacre civilians to make a point after soldiers had surrendered. That we've never seen. Burn tyrants but liberate the people was always her angle. They could have given her a much better reason to express that brutality at a cost. As of now it's not really apparent.