Page 527 of 555 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

For fun, I was spitballing what I think happened after the show ends...

The Six Kingdoms enjoy a period of peace under King Bran for some years, but Dorne--since the North did it--demands their independence. The resulting conflict turns ugly. Blood is spilled.
    Dorne is subdued, but the conflict changes Bran. Using his abilities as the Three-Eyed Raven, he enacts a brutal policy of preventing crime and sedition before it happens.

Slowly, 'Bran the Broken' becomes better known as 'Bran the All-Knowing' and he is regarded with fear by the people of Westeros.
    Highborn and common-folk alike speak in hushed whispers of their emotionless King who knows all and sees all. They say he spies with his ravens. They say he wargs into beasts and kills those that oppose him.
    Bran relishes the tales told about him. After all, the scary stories were always his favorite when he was young.

Bronn, seeing which way the wind is blowing, pilfers Highgarden and tries to flee east. But Bran foresees his betrayal and has him eaten by wolves.

Brienne, ever the true knight, remains loyal to her King. But eventually even she cannot abide this tyrant.
    In a tragic irony, she too becomes a Kingslayer when the cruel reign of Bran the All-Knowing ends by her sword.

Pod is selected King and what follows is a new golden age of peace and prosperity.
    Hot Pie serves as his Hand.

Davos will have already retired by this point.
    He served for the good years, called it in, and moved with the wife to Braavos where they have a daughter he names Shireen.

Sam caught Greyscale and was sent to live with the Stone Men.

Gilly inherits Horn Hill, and when Bronn is killed, Highgarden, too, becoming the Warden of the South.

Gendry does well as Lord of Storm's End, but he's looked down upon due his former bastard status.
    He finds comfort in a pretty bastard girl from the Vale named Mya Stone. He's very confident in this relationship and can't foresee anything going wrong.

Tyrion, distraught he'd backed yet another tyrant, sinks into a deep depression. He drinks constantly and squanders whatever's left of Casterly Rock's wealth.
    He eventually ends up across the Narrow Sea where, fittingly enough, he finally finds where whores go. And it's there he's reunited with Tysha.

Is their reunion happy? Does she forgive him? Can they reconcile?
    Alas, friends, there are some things even I don't know.

Meanwhile, Yara Greyjoy--salty about the North's independence & Dany's betrayal--begins raiding the North again.

Since the North is not part of the Six Kingdoms, no one feels obligated to assist Sansa. Still weakened from the winter and war against the White Walkers, they suffer embarrassing defeats as the Ironborn pillage at will.

Sansa's reign never recovers from this, and the North eventually turns on her.
    This leads to several years of infighting and civil war among the Northern lords before they're eventually integrated back into the other kingdoms.
    Meera Reed emerges as the new Warden of the North.

Arya's voyage west doesn't go well. Her ship is slammed with violent storms and she quickly runs out of supplies.
    Emotionally distant, she pays no heed to her crew's pleas to turn back. They eventually mutiny and dump her body in the ocean.
    The surviving crew turns back to Westeros, but are sunk in another storm, leaving no one to know Arya's fate.

Jon lives well enough north of the Wall. Having had his fill of leadership, he defers to Tormund and is content to play catch with Ghost.
    Ghost, though as good a boy as ever, bites Jon's right ear off. Jon considers it fair.

Grey Worm leads the Unsullied and Dothraki across the sea. Many wars and feuds did Grey Worm fight. In time, he became a king by his own hand.
    But that is a story for another time.

And finally, Drogon flies Daenerys to Asshai where she is resurrected by Kinvara.
    Deciding Westeros isn't worth her trouble, she settles down in the house with the red door and lemon tree, enjoying life and the occasional booty call from Daario.

The end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I wouldn’t call Dany Mad. People are just saying that because we keep hearing about the Mad King. Aerys wasn’t like Dany. Aerys has no ambition. He wanted to stay in his castle and not be assassinated and produce healthy heirs. He was obsessed that people were conspiring against him and wanted to prove he was somewhat capable. He became a recluse who was so afraid of the blades in the Iron Throne that he wouldn’t cut his nails or hair. He was legit batshit by the end.

Dany was just a tyrant/conquerer who embraced her destructive nature and wasn’t going to stop until she was on top and had everyone submitted so she could lead the world the way she thought best. She might have even been a decent ruler after she stopped killing her enemies. It was just that she clearly was going to run over the world and kill everyone who stood in her way..
    So your logic here is that Dany was not mad like her father because he only wanted to be absolute ruler over his own country, and she wanted to be absolute ruler of the world.

Mmmmm...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    [B]
    3. The Night King and his White Walkers die without them even clashing swords with anyone.

If those guys ever find themselves fighting toe to toe with swords, they've made a big mistake somewhere. Hand to hand combat is not what they're about.
    And yet we have seen them fight hand to hand before this.

5. Euron magically hit a moving target in the air 3 times in quick succession.

It wasn't just him shooting... there were at least a dozen scorpions on various ships. Rhaegal was caught completely by surprise... which might be the most hard-to-swallow element of the scene.
    I'd have to watch it again, but how the hell did Euron know where to shoot when the Dragons couldn't see the ships. Scorpions aren't heat seekers - your need a direct line of sight, and those ships were out on the ocean.

The only explanation seemed to be Euron 'used the Force.'

6. Euron magically failed to hit Drogon about 1,000 scorpion shots after 5 above.

This time Dany was forewarned and was smart enough to come straight down on them, above their zone of fire.

Team Cersei was waaaaaay too confident in the ability of those scorpions to neutralize the dragon threat. Cersei, as always, thought she was a lot smarter than she was, and she didn't exactly have the best advisors... a mad scientist, a drunken pirate and a zombie.
    I would have thought even one of those clowns could have suggested mounting scorpions on the Red Keep. Best elevation, longest reach, and if all the other weapons are pointing out from the walls the dragon only has to get past them and you have no way of targetting it.

What they needed was the scorpions set up like AA batteries in WW2 London.

Stupid mistake.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I'd have to watch it again, but how the hell did Euron know where to shoot when the Dragons couldn't see the ships. Scorpions aren't heat seekers - your need a direct line of sight, and those ships were out on the ocean.

The only explanation seemed to be Euron 'used the Force.'
    The ships were hiding behind Dragonstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My argument is that ts not a plot point thats relevant anymore bc Dany is dead so its moot to dwell on or address it given the limited time
    So because Dany dead, magically Yarra doesnt care anymore? That is an absurd position.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S47-ojDxW6k

Yarra would not just give up on Independence.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-22-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    By that point they were already part of the kingdom. The North barely ever had any serious issues with the Targaryens or conflicts. And the first time they did, the North rebelled against Aerys. And since Ned helped put Robert on the throne, they stayed
    Yeah the poster said the North was part of the 7 Kingsoms only because of dragons. That is simply incorrect.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly though, I'll wager that Sansa wouldn't have minded democracy that much because I think the Starks would pretty much have been a slam dunk even if they did vote. Jon might be more popular than her and Bran might be perceived as the true heir, but neither are going to be around anyways. Arya's gone too. So I suspect democrcy in the North would only be a technicality.
    Of course she would have a problem with it. She has wanted to be Queen ever since she basically helped the Lannisters murder her father. She also was trained by LF who is all about playing the game.

Sansa's bid for indepedence was as much about her being queen as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Of course she would have a problem with it. She has wanted to be Queen ever since she basically helped the Lannisters murder her father. She also was trained by LF who is all about playing the game.

Sansa's bid for indepedence was as much about her being queen as anything.
    I don't think she'd have a problem with it, because if they did vote for a queen I honestly think they would vote for her anyways. Starks pretty much have the north on lockdown, and she's the only Stark. So again, I think the voting would only be a formality.

Is there anyone else you think would have a better shot than her at this point?

I don't think she'd have a problem with it, because if they did vote for a queen I honestly think they would vote for her anyways. Starks pretty much have the north on lockdown, and she's the only Stark. So again, I think the voting would only be a formality.

Is there anyone else you think would have a better shot than her at this point?
    Except of course she already laughed at the idea. She would not take the risk. She has nothing to gain from it and it would mean her children do not automatically inherit throne. LF taught her better than that.

Except of course she already laughed at the idea. She would not take the risk. She has nothing to gain from it and it would mean her children do not automatically inherit throne. LF taught her better than that.
    The risk isn't that much greater than when the lords convene to decide who is king when they don't have one. They didn't automatically make Jon King, that had to be decided. Presumably Sansa would have to go through something similar as Jon.

But you're right... Sansa's children (if she ever has children) might be more adversely effected by electing a leader than Sansa would be.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The risk isn't that much greater than when the lords convene to decide who is king when they don't have one. They didn't automatically make Jon King, that had to be decided. Presumably Sansa would have to go through something similar as Jon.

But you're right... Sansa's children (if she ever has children) might be more adversely effected by electing a leader than Sansa would be.
    The only other chose was Sansa who was a woman though. Keep in mind that this society is sexist.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-22-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    The only other chose was Sansa who was a woman though. Keep in mind that this society is sexist.
    That was an interesting sort of social experiment there. Jon was a bastard and Sansa was a woman... neither on paper was a slam dunk. I guess they were more sexist than elitist.

In all seriousness though, Jon was the obvious choice. They were going to war, and Jon as Commander of the Night Watch on paper at least was probably the more experienced military leader than Sansa. Not that Jon's necessarily the best guy on the planet in this regard... but he's seen his share.

I imagine now that they're in a more peaceful time, someone like Sansa would have a better shot. Though being the only Stark left in Winderfell, I suppose she basically wins by defualt anyways.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Looking back on it I thought S7 would explore the consequences and pushback of Cersei going through with such a brutal action and naming her queen, not just against the nobles and people of King’s Landing, but also with Jaime who looked horrified upon his return from the siege of Riverrun. I think even his actor commented saying he felt it would make sense for Jaime to leave Cersei at that point, but alas S7 proceeded as if nothing happened. It was especially hilarious how Cersei was able to convince the Tarlys to betray the Tyrells just because of Dany’s Dothraki horde while ignoring the fact Cersei murdered their own liege lord. Honestly that was one of my favorite moments I've ever seen in TV or media ever. I think it was super well done - the cinematography, dialogue, pacing, and the music were all perfect.

But yeah, knowing what happens afterwards, with no consequences to Cersei... It cheapen it a lot..

With all the power that was behind Danny at the end of the Season 6 and how weak Cersei's position was they had to either:

1. Have Danny win easily.
    2. Asspull to keep Cersei competitive.

Without (f)Aegon there's no real third choice. Of course, the show managed to do both of them at once, their writing reminds me of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes sometimes.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-22-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Oh, she had that dream long before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Looking back on it I thought S7 would explore the consequences and pushback of Cersei going through with such a brutal action and naming her queen, not just against the nobles and people of King’s Landing, but also with Jaime who looked horrified upon his return from the siege of Riverrun. I think even his actor commented saying he felt it would make sense for Jaime to leave Cersei at that point, but alas S7 proceeded as if nothing happened. It was especially hilarious how Cersei was able to convince the Tarlys to betray the Tyrells just because of Dany’s Dothraki horde while ignoring the fact Cersei murdered their own liege lord. Honestly that was one of my favorite moments I've ever seen in TV or media ever. I think it was super well done - the cinematography, dialogue, pacing, and the music were all perfect.

But yeah, knowing what happens afterwards, with no consequences to Cersei... It cheapen it a lot..

With all the power that was behind Danny at the end of the Season 6 and how weak Cersei's position was they had to either:

1. Have Danny win easily.
    2. Asspull to keep Cersei competitive.

Without (f)Aegon there's no real third choice. Of course, the show managed to do both of them at once, their writing reminds me of Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes sometimes.
    I think Cersi's pregnacy would ensure that Jamie would stick around. It took something as big as the Night King threatening to destroy all of mankind to convince him to leave her side, and even that ended up temporary.