Page 234 of 555 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    The show really left no mystery on who killed Joffrey: Olenna and Petyr.

Even Bryan Cogman confirmed it:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Features...w_Bryan_Cogman
    Fair enough, but many fans still treat of it as an unresolved mystery. No-one outright said they did it, and could by lying even so. However, if Cersei is agreed to have had no role in it, then OK.

Ultimate Member

Balish essentially confirmed it to Sansa when she talked to him about it. And then, if you had any doubt left, it cuts immediately to a shot of Olenna after he mentions his "new friends." And if you STILL didn't get it, they have her confirm it as well to Margery.

Said fans just seem to have not been paying attention, because there was no ambiguity to it at all.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And then, if you had any doubt left, it cuts immediately to a shot of Olenna after he mentions his "new friends."
    I'm still waiting to find out who that baby was in the Tower of Joy scene before they cut right from a close up of the baby's face to a close up of Jon's face.

Darn these lingering mysteries!
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I guess I never posted this here...but it's interesting that Sansa wanted to wipe out the Karstarks and Umbers as traitors...just like how Joffery wanted to with her. Much like when Daenerys wanted to kill every slaver, Jorah had to remind her that he was a slaver, and he wouldn't have learned if she got her way.

So Sansa brings up Jon as Joffery to mess with him, but in fact she's acting more like Joffery and Cersei.

Jon and Sansa are both right and wrong. Jon is still the idealist even with his death and return. Sansa is the realist now. Disagreeing with each other openly is a really bad move. Jon needs to form a small council and determine these things before making declarations and proclamations among the men.

Not much time for Euron to shine, but he got off to a wonderful start as a favorite. Zinger after zinger at Jaime. My favorite is "The Iron Island are just rocks, bird shit, and...and lots of unattractive people."

Okay I don't understand this. When did Sansa want to execute the remaining Karstarks and Umbers? She simply wanted to give their castles to the families who were loyal. How is that like Joffery?

There is no mystery on Joffery's death. Olenna literally said to Baelish, and I'm quoting her word to word, "We killed a king together."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    There is no mystery on Joffery's death. Olenna literally said to Baelish, and I'm quoting her word to word, "We killed a king together."
    and that she wouldn't let her granddaughter marry a monster

football teams as Game of Thrones characters

https://twitter.com/ironicguerreiro/...387265/photo/1

yay, my team got bronn
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's interesting how with Sansa and Jon, there is emphasis on making you think of Ned with Jon and Cersei with Sansa. Looks like a scene in Ep 2 that I posted about will be even another deliberate callback to a Ned moment.

Will Jon make Ned's mistakes? Will Sansa make Cersei's? That seems what the show wants us thinking about. Jon has Ned's reluctance/hesitance/disinterest on taking (real lasting) power (and hopefully Jon doesn't have Ned's partial blindness on who his real enemies are & how far they might go). Sansa has Cersei's outspoken lust for attention/power.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-21-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Okay I don't understand this. When did Sansa want to execute the remaining Karstarks and Umbers? She simply wanted to give their castles to the families who were loyal. How is that like Joffery?
    I didn't hear her say anything about executing anyone. Of course, in the North in winter taking away a family's home (and branding them traitors and outcasts) is pretty much tantamount to execution.

I think Jon and Sansa managed the situation perfectly, even if they didn't plan it that way ahead of time. By having Sansa play "bad cop" and putting the fear of the Gods into the Karstark and Umber heirs, it made them even more grateful and loyal when Jon showed mercy. He now has two large, loyal and battle-hardened houses back under his command with their lords loyal, and two strategically vital strongholds manned and maintained. And he doesn't have to watch his back for constant assassination attempts from his own former allies.

Not like jofferey at all but she did yell about the punishment for treason being death. Then john countered with the ones who commited treason died on the battlefield already and he wouldnt punish a son for his fathers sins. It was implied Sansa was saying they should be executed. Jon even brought up what Ned taught him on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodlike View Post
    Fair enough, but many fans still treat of it as an unresolved mystery.
    Who still treats it as such? I really don't recall this being a mystery in recent seasons (since Olenna outright said it). Whoever these fans are, they need to pay more attention.

Spectacular Member

I get what Sansa was saying, but then the reveal who she wants to throw out/execute is two kids made it worse. Like she had to know that. I am not a fan of Sansa vs. Jon. I get what they are doing, but it just feels like a way to keep some drama going for the last 12 episodes. It also seems a way to get Littlefinger screen time. When in reality, if he has an "accident" no one in the North is going to give a shit. Even the kid he is looking after might be like ok after Sansa talks to him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    and that she wouldn't let her granddaughter marry a monster
    And Balish mentioned Sansa's necklace and asked if she'd noticed a stone missing. So they even tell you HOW they killed Joffrey.

New SDCC season trailer