Page 342 of 555 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

One of the funniest thing that was pointed out to me is 3 drops of blood from Gentry killed 3 kings.

Pints and pints of blood from Shireen only melted snows and raised temperatures.

Mel, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!

So the actor who plays sir Ilyn Payne is doing better now right? Any chance they bring him back so Arya can take his name off her list? If the actor didnt get cancer i assume the charatcer woulda suffered a gruesome death by now

Another thing im wondering theyre are alot of Lanisters why arent theyre alot of Starks? Its a very old family, there should be more then just Ned his Siblings and theyre kids.
    Are the Carstarks related to the Starks?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-05-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So the actor who plays sir Ilyn Payne is doing better now right? Any chance they bring him back so Arya can take his name off her list? If the actor didnt get cancer i assume the charatcer woulda suffered a gruesome death by now

Another thing im wondering theyre are alot of Lanisters why arent theyre alot of Starks? Its a very old family, there should be more then just Ned his Siblings and theyre kids.
    Are the Carstarks related to the Starks?
    People don't survive as well in the North because it's more savage and dangerous. Also, the population density is very low in the North.

Karstark were Starks thousands of years ago.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

One of the cool things GRRM does or will do will be too make readers think or wonder how much of a victory for "the realm" it was for Robert Baratheon to have slayed Rhaegar at the Trident.

Rhaegar (who was probably quietly gradually conspiring against Aerys until Lyanna caught his focus) was very popular (liked even by friggen Tywin Lannister) and generous and smart and a believer in magic and prophecy. It probably would have been easy (or much easier, relative to anyone else) for him to see or believe the White Walker threat early on and unite Westeros against the Night King.

Instead all the realm got was basically Jon Arryn doing just enough to keep the trains running on time until Jon gave Petyr a small opening (he and R.Baratheon trying to send off Robin to Tywin as ward, which Lysa hated) to murder him and trigger the chain of chaos and death since.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/rhae...212012283.html
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-15-2017 at 01:44 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I see they are filming multiple endings in order to try and foil leakers. Which probably just means all of them will be leaked and the only doubt will be which one is the true one.

That has to be extremely expensive and time-consuming to do. Considering how little the leaks harmed the viewership last season, I'm surprised they're doing it. But it does show that somebody cares about the integrity of the story and not just ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    One of the cool things GRRM does or will do will be too make readers think or wonder how much of a victory for "the realm" it was for Robert Baratheon to have slayed Rhaegar at the Trident.

Rhaegar (who was probably quietly gradually conspiring against Aerys until Lyanna caught his focus) was very popular (liked even by friggen Tywin Lannister) and generous and smart and a believer in magic and prophecy. It probably would have been easy (or much easier, relative to anyone else) for him to see or believe the White Walker threat early on and unite Westeros against the Night King.

Instead all the realm got was basically Jon Arryn doing just enough to keep the trains running on time until Jon gave Petyr a small opening (he and R.Baratheon trying to send off Robin to Tywin as ward, which Lysa hated) to murder him and trigger the chain of chaos and death since.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/rhae...212012283.html
    Interesting. Of course, there was always the possibility of the Mad King finding out about Rhaegar's plans and having him killed if Robert's Rebellion hadn't taken place. And then the throne would have passed on to Viserys, who would have most probably married Dany and abused her just like how their father tortured their mother. So maybe the Rebellion did lead to a brighter prospect for many after all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I see they are filming multiple endings in order to try and foil leakers. Which probably just means all of them will be leaked and the only doubt will be which one is the true one.

That has to be extremely expensive and time-consuming to do. Considering how little the leaks harmed the viewership last season, I'm surprised they're doing it. But it does show that somebody cares about the integrity of the story and not just ratings.
    That could backfire if say a leaked alternate ending is received better than the actual ending

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Interesting. Of course, there was always the possibility of the Mad King finding out about Rhaegar's plans and having him killed if Robert's Rebellion hadn't taken place.
    Unlikely given Rhaegar's reputed smarts and popularity and connections and the Mad King's state of mind by then, he was at the lowest of the low. It seems Rhaegar had the top Kingsguard (the Tower of Joy three) and probably important others on his side (in Rhaegar's mind he probably told everyone he wasn't so much seeking to usurp his father for any selfish reason as much as a tragically necessary reason to save incapacitated Aerys from himself and get him medical care). And he could have secured others probably easily, folks like Varys who were losing their faith in the Mad King.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...y_at_Harrenhal
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-18-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

medical care? He would have probably overthrown Aerys and exiled him at best, killed him at worst

not that he would want to, but because there was no other solution

no psychiatrists in Westeros im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    medical care? He would have probably overthrown Aerys and exiled him at best, killed him at worst

not that he would want to, but because there was no other solution

no psychiatrists in Westeros im afraid
    Was the mad King physically or mentally ill? From watching the show just sounds like he was evil. Though i think Varys has alluded to that not always being the case

medical care?
    Probably something like sending Aerys to Dragonstone in a gentle exile with guards and maesters to maybe hold him in hospice of sorts. Like federal prison for CEOs, cupcake prison, but medieval.

Very unlikely Rhaegar would have planned to murder Aerys. He was not that kind of guy. Aerys would have had to force that outcome in an amazing feet of defying some well planned coup Rhaegar would have had.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-18-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    One of the funniest thing that was pointed out to me is 3 drops of blood from Gentry killed 3 kings.

Pints and pints of blood from Shireen only melted snows and raised temperatures.

Mel, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!
    Altering the weather is a much bigger feat than indirectly killing 3 people.

BANNED

Was the mad King physically or mentally ill? From watching the show just sounds like he was evil. Though i think Varys has alluded to that not always being the case
    Evil/mentally ill

he was ready to torch all of Kings Landing toward the end

Evil/mentally ill

he was ready to torch all of Kings Landing toward the end
    I meant was it a later affliction. The show makes it just sound like he was evil. They dont really go into him being a good guy who became cruel after being inflicted with something. I knw Barristan and Varys have hinted at some stiff but from my recolection they dont give much detail.

I meant was it a later affliction. The show makes it just sound like he was evil. They dont really go into him being a good guy who became cruel after being inflicted with something. I knw Barristan and Varys have hinted at some stiff but from my recolection they dont give much detail.
    I don't think the show is meaning to suggest some different backstory for Aerys from the books where he was a good enough well enough meaning guy in his younger adulthood. Even Pycelle in the TV show vouched for young Aerys..."Aerys Targaryen... of all the thousand thousand maladies the gods visit on us, madness is the worst. He was a good man, such a charmer. To watch him melt away before my eyes, consumed by dreams of fire and blood..."

From a wiki on book Aerys:
    "Aerys's reign began in 262 AC with great promise. Over the peaceful first dozen years, the realm recovered from the tragic events at Summerhall and the War of the Ninepenny Kings, growing strong and prosperous."....."Aerys did not lack ambition. Upon his coronation he declared it was his wish to be the greatest king in the history of the Seven Kingdoms, a conceit certain of his friends encouraged by suggesting one day he would be known as Aerys the Wise or Aerys the Great. Aerys was very active in the early years of his reign and held a splendid court. He loved music, dancing and masked balls, and was exceedingly fond of young beautiful women, filling the court with fair maidens from across the kingdoms."

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aerys_II_Targaryen
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-18-2017 at 11:07 AM.