Page 545 of 551 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 8263

Thread: Game of Thrones

  1. #8161
    Mighty Member Johnny Peril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lands of Always Winter
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    It looks like Kit Harington is taking the GoT finale harder than fans.


    Kit Harington Has Checked Into A Wellness Retreat In The Wake Of The “Game Of Thrones” Finale



    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...llness-retreat
    "The greatest trick the Batman ever pulled was making people think he always has a plan"

  2. #8162
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Dany could be revived, given several other characters have returned to life.

    That said, it really makes you wonder how smart those dragons are if that's the case. I suppose melting down the thrown is a potential indicator that they have human level intelligence. That's making an awefully strong symbolic statement.
    When Bran asked about Drogon, Sam clearly said 'Volantis' just before Bronn cut him off. That to me says it's left open in case they decide to go forward with the story in a few years time. Dany getting resurrected in a Red Temple isn't far-fetched at all, I'll even say she could still be pregnant with Jon's child. A Dany/Jon child would be the central character if the series would continue post 'A Song of Ice & Fire'. King Bran with a connection to the Night King/White Walkers could be an interesting concept as well.

  3. #8163
    older Mormel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    It looks like Kit Harington is taking the GoT finale harder than fans.


    Kit Harington Has Checked Into A Wellness Retreat In The Wake Of The “Game Of Thrones” Finale



    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...llness-retreat
    Wow. I'd not expected that the show would impact him so severely. At the end of the day, I would think it's just another acting role, and Harington could distance himself from it. I wonder if this is due to the intensive nature of filming Thrones, or the strong fan reaction to anything related to the show, or a combination of both. At any rate, I hope Kit will be all right. He seems like a wonderful guy.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

  4. #8164
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Wow. I'd not expected that the show would impact him so severely. At the end of the day, I would think it's just another acting role, and Harington could distance himself from it. I wonder if this is due to the intensive nature of filming Thrones, or the strong fan reaction to anything related to the show, or a combination of both. At any rate, I hope Kit will be all right. He seems like a wonderful guy.
    The dude literally became an overnight super star and unlike a lot of roles where you are in some chill studio in Burbank he spent most of his time filming in Iceland. He’s also very emotional and was very attached to the role. I think he’s one of the few actors who read the books

  5. #8165
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,861

    Default

    He and Emilia supposedly have read them yes. Perhaps not a coincidence that she seems not completely satisfied/happy with where things ended up either.

  6. #8166
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    He and Emilia supposedly have read them yes. Perhaps not a coincidence that she seems not completely satisfied/happy with where things ended up either.
    Honestly I think if you read the books, where Dany ends up is actually LESS surprising.

  7. #8167
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,861

    Default

    We don't know that. Also The execution of it on the show was still crap. Her and Jamie probably got the worst of it in that regard (and to a somewhat lesser extent Jon). And the poor Night King, wow did they do him dirty as well.

  8. #8168
    Mighty Member stargazer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    We don't know that. Also The execution of it on the show was still crap. Her and Jamie probably got the worst of it in that regard (and to a somewhat lesser extent Jon). And the poor Night King, wow did they do him dirty as well.
    the only ones that won were Sansa, Tyrion and Bran and they did nothing... Arya won too, but she actually did something.


    Kit already had big alcohol problems, though. Well before he saw the reaction to this season and finale. He should stay away from the internet and realize he has so much to live for already. Dude needs priorities. Plus he recently got married..

  9. #8169
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,861

    Default

    Arya if anything is getting criticized by some for winning too much. Her plot armor is so thick Thanos's Finger Snap couldn't pierce it. Plus in regards to Jon, they stole his bit payoff and gave it to her instead because, "subversion" or whatever.

  10. #8170
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,169

    Default

    Arya isn’t training to become a super assassins for no reason in the novels lol. Also she’s GRRM’s wife’s favorite character. Just saying don’t be surprised when the books come out. If anything Faceless Men are more OP there

  11. #8171
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,707

    Default

    -Jon was going to follow Dany no matter what until Tyrion invoked his sisters. Dany did say that those who knew the truth would meet Varys fate.

    -Jaime turned on the Mad King when his father was threatened by Aerys.

    Just thought I point out that parallel. Dany was right about the death of Varys being a victory for Sansa.
    Last edited by The Shape; 05-30-2019 at 08:02 AM.

  12. #8172
    Fantastic Member Sparta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    the only ones that won were Sansa, Tyrion and Bran and they did nothing... Arya won too, but she actually did something.
    The biggest winner of season 8 was Bronn, avoided fighting in the Long Night, avoided dodging dragon fire in KL, had 5 mins of screen time throughout the season (mostly in a brothel)...and got Highgarden, Lord of the Reach and landed himself in the small council as Master of Coin.
    Last edited by Sparta; 05-30-2019 at 06:02 AM.

  13. #8173
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Bronn as Master of Coin was a bit puzzling. His experience with financial management seems to extend no further than keeping himself in ale and whores. I doubt his crossbow will impress the Iron Bank much. And I would think with a long winter just started, famine a very likely possibility and the country shattered and de-populated by war, you would need someone in charge of the money who a) knows what he's doing and b) is not motivated entirely by self-interest. Does *anyone* suspect that Bronn will not be a corrupt official? Because he would probably be offended if you did.

    Giving him Highgarden is one thing... a Lannister always pays his debts, even apparently if they're incurred at the point of a crossbow. And the people of the Reach will probably be perfectly happy with a Lord who will mostly leave them alone.

  14. #8174
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Bronn as Master of Coin was a bit puzzling. His experience with financial management seems to extend no further than keeping himself in ale and whores. I doubt his crossbow will impress the Iron Bank much. And I would think with a long winter just started, famine a very likely possibility and the country shattered and de-populated by war, you would need someone in charge of the money who a) knows what he's doing and b) is not motivated entirely by self-interest. Does *anyone* suspect that Bronn will not be a corrupt official? Because he would probably be offended if you did.

    Giving him Highgarden is one thing... a Lannister always pays his debts, even apparently if they're incurred at the point of a crossbow. And the people of the Reach will probably be perfectly happy with a Lord who will mostly leave them alone.
    I SORT OF buy it. He's clearly not the most qualified person for the job. But a guy in control of the richest most resourceful region of the kingdom controlling the alloation of those resources sort of makes sense. And putting him in the council means essentially having greater control of those regions.

  15. #8175
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Bronn as Master of Coin was a bit puzzling. His experience with financial management seems to extend no further than keeping himself in ale and whores. I doubt his crossbow will impress the Iron Bank much. And I would think with a long winter just started, famine a very likely possibility and the country shattered and de-populated by war, you would need someone in charge of the money who a) knows what he's doing and b) is not motivated entirely by self-interest. Does *anyone* suspect that Bronn will not be a corrupt official? Because he would probably be offended if you did.

    Giving him Highgarden is one thing... a Lannister always pays his debts, even apparently if they're incurred at the point of a crossbow. And the people of the Reach will probably be perfectly happy with a Lord who will mostly leave them alone.
    Whoever holds Highgarden holds all the wealth in the realm. He’s effectively their banker. Also keep in mind LF was Master of Coin and he was a lower lord who owned a few brothels

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •