Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
If this ending even remotely resembles GRRM's endgame in the books, then I think I finally understand why his writing has come to such a bloody halt. He simply made the characters way too young. The Stark children, Jon, Dany...I think realistically, they are/will still be too young, physically, emotionally, mentally for the roles they assume by the story's end. At best, Bran is like 10 years old by the end of Book 5.

I think the real problem with the books is that GRRM can't age up the kids despite really needing to, the dragons need time to grow, and he can't find a subtle resolution to the Meereen story that doesn't show his Mad Queen Dany card earlier than he'd like.
Ya think? The whole reason Feast and Dance took as long was because he wanted to add a 5 year time gap and couldn't figure it out and changed his mind. I think some stuff will work better. Dany talking about making a better world while slaughtering people as a girl not much older than Joffrey is going to come a bit creepier than an adult Cleopatra type figure.