Page 338 of 555 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Dinklage said in July that Tyrion was smitten with Dany, I posted on it pages back. The director here more seemed to be talking about this particular instance of reaction by Tyrion. Either way, I wonder if Dinklage and the director agree on precisely what the scene was about. I'll agree with the director on this scene, but Dinklage's remarks still seem to stand (at least to leave us wondering).

This new interview though is a must-read, he offers a lot of opinions on stuff people are talking about: The Wall's magic or lack thereof, Arya/Sansa/Bran, etc
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of...danys-boat-sex
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Beast
    [...] A decades-old pitch letter from George R.R. Martin to a publisher, which outlined a since-discarded Jon-Arya-Tyrion love triangle (blech) [...]
    What.

Game of Thrones: The Explosive New Conflict Hiding in George R.R. Martin’s Original Outline
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3

Quote Originally Posted by George R. R. Martin
    [...] Arya will be more forgiving... until she realizes, with terror, that she has fallen in love with Jon, who is not only her half-brother but a man of the Night’s Watch, sworn to celibacy. Their passion will continue to torment Jon and Arya throughout the trilogy, until the secret of Jon’s true parentage is finally revealed in the last book. [...]
    What.

...Eh, I could see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Happy View Post
    Oh yeah she was totally in love with him in the second episode.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I have a sneaking suspicion that George r.r. martin was in love with a close family member at some point in his life and these book are to help his Psyche work through that

Could Brienne have championed for Tyrion if she hadn't been sent away by Jamie? I know he was destined to lose so he could flee and join Daenerys forces but if she had still been in the city do you think Jamie would have asked her for this as a favor.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Just rewatched the Oberyn vs the mountain fight. Holy shit he punched the teeth out a his head.

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It looks to me like a fantasy kitchen sink world. I mean you've got Doctor Frankenstein with the serial numbers filed off as Cersei's Hand, dragons, and fairies who create necromancer-kings in the same story.
    Well, having given up on the first book because it was like trying to read some horrible Tolkien homage, I can't say exactly say how much of the books are like this, but the show was basically a series of short stories with the framing device being the big overall White Walker threat hanging over them when it was said to be most like the books. So in the first season you've got this Sherlock Holmes kind of story that's playing off The Name of the Rose, (which is itself a Sherlock Holmes type story) which also seems to be where the Citadel comes from. You've this giant ice wall, which is probably from the 1983 Fire and Ice. And you've got this love story of sorts about this girl who learns Pussy Control with this Conan the Barbarian type who has this Livingstone type knight living among them. There's a lot of Tarantino stuff in the later seasons, this can range from little things like Tywin being killed like Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction, to big things like Arya Stark basically going through a little version of Kill Bill; how much of the similar being up to how the show did those things I don't know. Benjen Stark seems a whole lot like the Skullknight from Berserk, which is another series influenced by The Name of the Rose. You've got Arya making Titus pies. You've got Bran Stark becoming a Dr. Manhattan-ish characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Could Brienne have championed for Tyrion if she hadn't been sent away by Jamie? I know he was destined to lose so he could flee and join Daenerys forces but if she had still been in the city do you think Jamie would have asked her for this as a favor.
    Not if Oberyn had already decided to do it. He humiliated the mountain and if he hadnt of let his emotions get the best of him would have won. Theres no reason for Jamie to ask someone he cares for to do it when someone whos at worst equally skilled has agreed to do it. But if the chance had ocured even to save Tyerion iono if he woulda asked Breanne to fight the Mountain. Also dont think she woulda risked her life for Tyerion when she had an oath to keep still.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Just rewatched the Oberyn vs the mountain fight. Holy shit he punched the teeth out a his head.
    It's one of two TV show scenes I cannot rewatch. The other being the Caleb/Xander scene near the end of Buffy season 7.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    It's one of two TV show scenes I cannot rewatch. The other being the Caleb/Xander scene near the end of Buffy season 7.
    This scene made my stomach upset for atleast an hour afterward. One the show did a great job of making you like Oberyn ans then it was sudden a brutal. Ive never read the book that scene and the Redwedding made me sick to my stomach no joke. So happy i didnt seek out spoilers

Well, there is no doubt that Arya loves Jon more than any of her real siblings. And vice versa. Even if that's not romantic love... Actually I'm not sure it's not romantic love.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Well, there is no doubt that Arya loves Jon more than any of her real siblings. And vice versa. Even if that's not romantic love... Actually I'm not sure it's not romantic love.
    Havent read the books but in the show she seemed to really love Robb aswell. The only thing Jon has over Robb is that he gave her needle. Then again Robb much like Jon are moraly above most others.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Havent read the books but in the show she seemed to really love Robb aswell. The only thing Jon has over Robb is that he gave her needle. Then again Robb much like Jon are moraly above most others.
    Why did Arya decided to go to Winterfell instead of King's Landing? Because she found out Jon was there. Sansa said Jon's heart will probably stop when he will meet Arya. Arya basically threatened to kill her when she thought Sansa was betraying Jon and wasn't standing up for him.

Starting season 5 when I get home from work today.

Matt "peace out suckas"

I doubt it's romantic love. I've always seen it as mutual adoration and a strong familial love. A kinship between 2 people who don't quite fit the mold of who they are supposed to be. She's a tomboy, and he's a bastard.

But the GRRM letter is really interesting, and fun reading. Just a few tweaks to the characters and *poof* instant love triangle.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    I doubt it's romantic love. I've always seen it as mutual adoration and a strong familial love. A kinship between 2 people who don't quite fit the mold of who they are supposed to be. She's a tomboy, and he's a bastard.

But the GRRM letter is really interesting, and fun reading. Just a few tweaks to the characters and *poof* instant love triangle.
    It's easy to confuse any kind of kindness a person grants you as love and to convince your self you feel something for that person.

Matt "peace out suckas"