Page 494 of 555 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Good lord.

A worse ending than how LOST turned out.
    We shouldn’t have even had episode 5 if they had 0 time to deal with any of the repercussions.

Retired

Personally, when I first started watching the show, with the first episode it was really Bran and Arya that captured my interest. I wasn't that invested in the other characters, but I kept with the show just to see how things turned out for these two kids. I was disappointed that Bran's story got so little development, where Arya got so much. But even so, there was a lot I could imagine in Bran's story that fascinated me, so I was still invested in his character and where he was going. It's always bugged me that people malign the character so much and make cheap jokes about him. I almost feel like this is payback. But I really wish the show runners had put more effort into Bran's plot, instead of ignoring him for great spans of the series.

Overall great ending. Utterly nailed it about Jon going to live in the North, just most everything else I was wrong about.

I have no problems whatsoever with how it ended and what happened with all the characters though like others I do kinda wonder if Arya's journey was just because they had nothing better to do with her. No real problem with it as I don't really have a better idea that would have felt in character for her.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dany at least changed into her supervillian outfit for her final moments.

Also nice that someone kept Jon's old Night's Watch outfit in a closest somewhere in King's Landing!

The whole Night's Watch thing...okay the Wall got destroyed and the Night's Watch is gone right? Weren't they just part of Jon's army of Northmen? I'd imagine the ones who weren't, just took off the first chance they got...so there is no Night's Watch. Jon should have just escaped out a window or something and took off heading north. Same outcome, just minus the leaps of logic.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-19-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Overall great ending. Utterly nailed it about Jon going to live in the North, just most everything else I was wrong about.

I have no problems whatsoever with how it ended and what happened with all the characters though like others I do kinda wonder if Arya's journey was just because they had nothing better to do with her. No real problem with it as I don't really have a better idea that would have felt in character for her.
    In the books they tease that she wants to travel the world in her chapters. She's always fascinated by it. But it's really just small little quotes here and there. They started teasing it a bit with the "West of Westeros" stuff in season 6

Retired

I saw the scenes at the end as being like backdoor pilots for spin-offs. You've got HAND OF THE KING, a sitcom starring Peter Dinklage as the put-upon hand of the king who has to juggle the office politics, with our supporting cast of screw-ups, while serving our spaced-out King Bran, filmed live before a studio audience. Then there's the adventure series ARYA: THE JOURNEY TO THE WEST, with Maisie Williams travelling to new lands and dispensing rough justice. And THE NIGHT'S WATCH, a buddy cop drama north of the wall.

The 3 eyed raven, and what happened to Bran, is not supposed to be something comfy. All that stuff is really messed up. Bloodraven (who I guess isn't really in the show) is a sketchy dude. Bran is a sketchy dude. Just kinda says weird **** and stares blankly. Nobody bothers to ask him why.

Jon never asked him WHY he chose to tell him about his lineage. Seemed to just make things worse....and helped himself out.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-19-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I saw the scenes at the end as being like backdoor pilots for spin-offs. You've got HAND OF THE KING, a sitcom starring Peter Dinklage as the put-upon hand of the king who has to juggle the office politics, with our supporting cast of screw-ups, while serving our spaced-out King Bran, filmed live before a studio audience. Then there's the adventure series ARYA: THE JOURNEY TO THE WEST, with Maisie Williams travelling to new lands and dispensing rough justice. And THE NIGHT'S WATCH, a buddy cop drama north of the wall.
    They pretty much said they would only make prequels and not sequels.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I love how even Sansa laughed at Sam’s suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They pretty much said they would only make prequels and not sequels.
    That's kind of tragic.

I don't need to see these characters again, but I would love more stuff set in this world.

I would LIKE to see Jon and Arya again, but oh well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's kind of tragic.

I don't need to see these characters again, but I would love more stuff set in this world.

I would LIKE to see Jon and Arya again, but oh well.
    I think there story is done. Jon's getting his little happy ending where he gets to live free with the Wildlings and never has to deal with the bullshit of the Seven Kingdoms. Arya would have been decent just to see places like Asshai or something like that. But I don't think there is a worthwhile followup for either of them.

Meanwhile GRRM created like thousands of years of history that they can do. They can do an Aegon's Conquest story. A Robert's a Rebellion story. Dunk and Egg. The Age of Heroes and the original Long Night. They can do the BlackFyre rebellion. The Valyrian Empire and the Doom of Valyria. The First Men warring with the Children of the Forest.

I don't know if there is a need to follow up on these specific characters stories. If they ever did do a sequel I would almost assume it would be centuries in the future where we maybe just hear a little bit about what happened to them.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Look like Phoenix isn’t the only power hungry character Sophie played this year.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-20-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

The show didn't even make any damn sense after Danny was killed. Her armies just let Jon go without any consequences......made no sense. Also everyone being okay with Bran was weird. And than Sansa pulling a greedy power grab at the end. OMG.
    I was bothered by that at first, but then I remembered that the Dothraki always go their merry ways as soon as a Khal is killed. So, with Dany dead, they probably looked at the armies of Westeros, said "Nope, not gonna die for a dead khal" and got out of the way. And the Unsullied knew that in the long run, the ruins of King's Landing wouldn't be defensible. So Grey Worm sought out a compromise.

Overall, I really liked the episode. Funny thing : my gf and I were arguing about what Jon would do when he killed Dany, and she was like "Damn it, stop calling her your queen!" and I said "Well, he's as flexible as a rock so..." and then he killed her and I was awestruck for a second.

Also, both Tyrion and Daenerys managed well enough to show why the latter has descended into villainy : she fought horrible persons most of her life, and with the certainty that the Iron Throne was hers by right, it shaped her into a self-proclaimed Messiah and thus tyrant. Tyrion's general idea reminded me a lot of the saying "First they came for X and novody moves" and it worked really well to me.

Extraordinary Member

For an ending I liked it. I certainly did not expect it to on as happy a note as it did for the Stark family. Jon is with the Wildlings and his Direwolf, Sansa is a true queen. Bran is the ruler of Westeros, so the Starks rule the entire seven kingdoms even if they are split now, and Arya is 'Boldly going where no man has gone before' as the captain of her own ship.

I certainly did not see Bran becoming king as an option. The whole time I was expecting Tyrion to reveal Jon's true heritage and say what a story it would make for the bastard who was revealed to be royalty, saved his people, and became a reluctant king. I do wish they had shown how his powers would help him rule beyond teasing that he could find the escaped dragon better than anyone/

BANNED

Hmm, so all the brown people decided to up and leave, Arya is going off to terrorize some poor uncontacted peoples across the sea, and just in case that goes south, they still got the Bastard of Winterfell guarding the border, building that wall. MWGA!