Page 528 of 555 FirstFirst ... 28428478518524525526527528529530531532538 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That was an interesting sort of social experiment there. Jon was a bastard and Sansa was a woman... neither on paper was a slam dunk. I guess they were more sexist than elitist.

In all seriousness though, Jon was the obvious choice. They were going to war, and Jon as Commander of the Night Watch on paper at least was probably the more experienced military leader than Sansa. Not that Jon's necessarily the best guy on the planet in this regard... but he's seen his share.

I imagine now that they're in a more peaceful time, someone like Sansa would have a better shot. Though being the only Stark left in Winderfell, I suppose she basically wins by defualt anyways.
    They always had the option of making Jon a legitimate Stark like how Ramsey became a legitimate Bolton. So him being a bastard isn’t really much of an issue and so he definitely had the stronger claim to the throne than Sansa.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 05-23-2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Damn that Robin Arryn of the Vale got cute AF .... shoulda gotten more screentime

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    People are idiots. Given the chance they'd have voted the High Sparrow in as King.
    Actually he probably would have been a pretty good King.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Actually he probably would have been a pretty good King.
    as long as you followed his oppressive religion

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    as long as you followed his oppressive religion
    As far as dictatorship gos he seems to be the lesser evil I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    So your logic here is that Dany was not mad like her father because he only wanted to be absolute ruler over his own country, and she wanted to be absolute ruler of the world.

Mmmmm...
    No the the logic here is that her father was a legit asylum patient who couldn’t go outside without scaring everyone about how much of a crazy he was. Dany wasn’t that. She was just a ruthless tyrant

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah the poster said the North was part of the 7 Kingsoms only because of dragons. That is simply incorrect.
    The North was the only region that didn’t fall to the sandals. Until Aegon arrived they pretty much did their own thing and stayed out of the South’s affairs. Aegon sends letters to all the King’s demanding they bend to him. Torrhen marshes South, he see’s the results of the field of fire. Knowing they have no shot he bends the knee. Over 100 years later when the last dragon dies they pretty much don’t have issues with the status quo so nothing changes. It doesn’t make sense for them to rebel against everyone. The first time the North has issues with the South is when Mad King Aerys kills the Warden of the North, his heir and demands the head of Ned Stark. They rebel and Ned puts his best friend Robert on the throne. Because Robert and Ned are best friends and we’re once set to be family, the North plays nice with Robert. Joffrey kills Ned and the North Rebels claiming independence.

The North lasted exactly one king post the Targaryen dynasty and it was under special circumstances of the Warden and new King being best friends. The very first instances of any kings down south harming the North sparked rebellions.

The North is different than the rest of Westeros. Dorne is the only similar region and they also retain a degree of independence most of the kingdom doesn’t enjoy.

The Ironborn would never be allowed independence for obvious reasons

Did you guys heard too that according to Martin's own words the next book would be ready for summer 2020?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Did you guys heard too that according to Martin's own words the next book would be ready for summer 2020?
    I heard December

Extraordinary Member

He said that if he didn’t have it ready by a convention next summer that they would have his permission to hold him hostage until he finished. He’s also famously bad at predicting when he’ll finish

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He said that if he didn’t have it ready by a convention next summer that they would have his permission to hold him hostage until he finished. He’s also famously bad at predicting when he’ll finish
    He's probably better off not giving dates. At this point its out when it's out.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's probably better off not giving dates
    Well, personally i'm on the "the book is already finished but hasn't been released yet cause of contractual obligations" side of things so it doesn't sound too impossible to me.

Ah well, summer, fall, winter, as long as it's in 2020 i'm cool.

Spectacular Member

Well, personally i'm on the "the book is already finished but hasn't been released yet cause of contractual obligations" side of things so it doesn't sound too impossible to me.

Ah well, summer, fall, winter, as long as it's in 2020 i'm cool.
    Why would he have contractual obligations against releasing the books? Also if that was the case, I'm pretty sure he's just say so and have the publisher deal with the questions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The North was the only region that didn’t fall to the sandals. Until Aegon arrived they pretty much did their own thing and stayed out of the South’s affairs. Aegon sends letters to all the King’s demanding they bend to him. Torrhen marshes South, he see’s the results of the field of fire. Knowing they have no shot he bends the knee. Over 100 years later when the last dragon dies they pretty much don’t have issues with the status quo so nothing changes. It doesn’t make sense for them to rebel against everyone. The first time the North has issues with the South is when Mad King Aerys kills the Warden of the North, his heir and demands the head of Ned Stark. They rebel and Ned puts his best friend Robert on the throne. Because Robert and Ned are best friends and we’re once set to be family, the North plays nice with Robert. Joffrey kills Ned and the North Rebels claiming independence.

The North lasted exactly one king post the Targaryen dynasty and it was under special circumstances of the Warden and new King being best friends. The very first instances of any kings down south harming the North sparked rebellions.

The North is different than the rest of Westeros. Dorne is the only similar region and they also retain a degree of independence most of the kingdom doesn’t enjoy.

The Ironborn would never be allowed independence for obvious reasons
    Again my comment was not addressing this. It was addressing the simple fact that the North was part of the 7 Kingdoms for over 150 years without dragons. That is all.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

In hindsight, LF was probably the best choice to rule. Right mix of ruthlessness and reason. Too bad the show butchered him in the end.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.