Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
No Cersei committing mass murder makes sense from a story perspective because of the narrative that came before. Dany doing so doesn't make sense because of the narrative that came before. Dany was never mad before. Her threats were in fact based on logic.

The people turned against Cersei when they rang the bells and surrendered. Dany could quite literally have told them to go in the Red Keep and drag Cersei out by the hair and they would have.

The writing is what is flawed to me. This is where you and I differ. You keep trying to make it about the characters but no the issue for me is the writing. I have no problem with Dany going mad. I have a problem with the way the writers executed it.
Dany not being mad before is why she didn't necessarily commit mass murder before (though you can also potentially credit that to her advisors helping to keep her in check). That's sort of the point. If people she loved were murdered and almost all her close confidents betrayed her in a short span of time in the past, it's possible she might have snapped then to and did the same thing.

Her going nuts didn't occur in a void. She experienced great loss to the point where she was isolating herself, not eating and probably not getting a whole lot of sleep by the look of her. Not that her time prior to this was necessarily a picnic, but she hasn't been put through the emotional ringer to THIS degree prior to the last season. And it took a toll on her physically and emotionally.

ANd people didn't turn against Cersi when they rang the bells ... they simply were more afraid of Dany than Cersi at that point. Again, they didn't want to be saved from Cersi... they wanted to be saved from Dany. Big difference from Danys perspective.