Page 390 of 555 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I'll totally put the blame on GRRM though. Like it was said earlier D&D probably had good instincts when cutting a lot of things. Yeah they still deserve criticism for fucking Dorne up, and probably for the underwhelming Greyjoy plot too. But I think a lot of the stuff they cut was **** that wasn't going anywhere in the books (like Rickon Stark).
    I do kind of agree. A lot of the book plots work over a stretched period of time that you can’t really include in a TV series without making it a clogged mess. Big, long books in long series tend to have way too much going on and way too many characters/plots/sub-plots to be feasible for TV (which makes me curious how the Wheel of Time series is going to work, because that one is like GoT and is very character and sub-plot bloated).

TV has to streamline to keep interest.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Jaime and Jon teaming up to battle the Night King hand to hand, both losing and suffering wounds, before a bunch of flaming crows surround and distract him, providing Theon the chance to land the winning shot still dying on the ground or Arya to do the same move she did? If we're going for clutch kills let's see something like that.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 04-28-2019 at 10:39 PM.

I have no issue with how that played out. Thought it would be more grandiose but i still dug it. Liked Arya being the motivation The hound needed.

Did Rhegar die or was he just hurt when him and Jon fell to the floor? That fight scenes were hard to follow at times I thought the nightkings dragon had been taken out till I saw it later. Guess that was Jon dragon that bit it. Also did Ghost come running back with Jorah? I didnt see Ghost after the first charge, needs watch again

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Jaime and Jon teaming up to battle the Night King hand to hand, both losing and suffering wounds, before a bunch of flaming crows surround and distract him, providing Theon to land the winning shot still dying on the ground or Arya to do the same move she did? If we're going for clutch kills let's see something like that.
    You’d honestly rather see the final confrontation with the NK be... a fist fight? Uh... what?

I’ll take the last minute clutch kill/win via Ninja **** over that any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    You’d honestly rather see the final confrontation with the NK be... a fist fight? Uh... what?

Lol did you see her slide under that table. Not a noise but she couldnt think to put her arm under her head to stop the blood from smacking into the wood. Freaking Ninjas

But yea Black Panthers "Sneakers" ain't got **** on Arya Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

I'd take almost any kind of kill over someone jumping from behind and stabbing him.

(And I described a failed physical confrontation, not too dissimilar to what happened to Theon, before several other factors culminate in his death).

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I have no issue with how that played out. Thought it would be more grandiose but i still dug it. Liked Arya being the motivation The hound needed.

Did Rhegar die or was he just hurt when him and Jon fell to the floor? That fight scenes were hard to follow at times I thought the nightkings dragon had been taken out till I saw it later. Guess that was Jon dragon that bit it. Also did Ghost come running back with Jorah? I didnt see Ghost after the first charge, needs watch again
    Rheagal seems to be alive by the previews, as does Ghost, but I don't think you see Ghost after he runs out initially.

Incredible Member

The episode was difficult to watch because of the darkness and the snow, but it fits thematically. I liked the episode, it's not what I expected but that's fine for me! Jon is really our POV character, always looking at what's happening around him!
    I have the impression Dany didn't follow the plan. Am I wrong?

Really?

How about Jon pinning down the Night King and pleading Daenerys to burn them both, so that she burns her love like the prophecy of Azor Ahai?

What about Bran warging into either a living or dead dragon that bites the Night King, perhaps permanently leaving his human body in sacrifice?

How about Jon being turned into a White Walker and forcing a mass retreat by the rest, only to find that like Benjen he's still in control and on the side of good? Or if the Starks in the Crypt bow to Jon or Sansa and consume the Night King in undead betrayal?

How about Bran warging into the Knight King and taking them both back in time somehow to reveal a more human motive?

What about Melisandre setting herself and the rest of the white walkers on fire, perhaps after surprise-sacrificing a beloved character with King's Blood?

What about Daenerys taking up Heartsbane from Jorah and hesitating before killing Rheagal herself, which metaphorically gives her lightbringer and it leads to the death of the Night King?

Not everyone would like all of those, but I think we could all come up with more interesting things.
    These are all better than what we got.

This episode was decent but I do feel like it could have been better.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

**** yeah Arya!

Looking back at the half-assed endings I wrote, I think the main issue I have is that the night king threat was so separate from the rest of the drama. It should have been slightly more prolonged and intertwined with the other politics of the show. It felt like he was just one of two boxes to be checked, first kill him, then deal with Cersei while the Jon-Dany thing plays out.

Mighty Member

Looking back at the half-assed endings I wrote, I think the main issue I have is that the night king threat was so separate from the rest of the drama. It should have been slightly more prolonged and intertwined with the other politics of the show. It felt like he was just one of two boxes to be checked, first kill him, then deal with Cersei while the Jon-Dany thing plays out.
    More than that, he's something so awful they had to rally the wagons. Everyone allied against a threat so magnificent it couldn't be ignored. Even Jaime Lannister signed up for the Army of the Living, defying his beloved sister.

Now that's gone. Over. Fallout leaves all their divided ambitions and petty feuds to reemerge. I don't imagine it will be as simple as Lannister and Stark turning on each other again, but these new bonds will be tested. And, I suspect, cause serious problems for some. (Sansa and Tyrion seemed to be on the verge of something tonight, we'll see.)

The real drama isn't in the alliance. It's in what happens when the alliance is no longer needed. They won the war. But winning the peace may be the bigger trick.

Rheagal seems to be alive by the previews, as does Ghost, but I don't think you see Ghost after he runs out initially.
    Ok I only thought I saw one Dragon in the preview but I also didnt see Ghost so clearly I dont have an eye for details. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    3.) That "surprise" ending...meh. A character I never really liked and thought was over developed, swoops in out of nowhere, and presto...! It seemed like something you'd see in a Fast and Furious movies instead of Game of Thrones.
    It wasn't out of nowhere. It was foreshadowed without the slightest bit of subtlety when Melisandre told Arya about shutting blue eyes forever.
    Live true or lie well.

DOES Danni saving Jon put the people who thought she was gonna try to kill him at ease?

I know hes on his way north was kinda expecting Braun to show up and save Tyerion or Jamie at some point. Cause I dont think hes gonna try to kill them for even a second