Page 370 of 555 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

lord davos seaworth, hand of the king to his grace tyrion, the first of his name, king of *fill in titles*

i am most thrilled about sansa and the hound meeting again btw
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-14-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Sometimes I think about the worst things to explain what is happening.
    Everybody dies but Cerci.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I honestly thought the Umbers and Karstarks was goners, only for lady Karstark and Lord Umber to actually be alive and very safe.

Spoiler

but only for the latter to die horrifically later

It's all a massive dnd campaign played by the kids from stranger things.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Thematically (and logically) they should have dethroned Cersei first, she was never going to help them. But Cersei appears to have relegated the White Walkers to secondary threat because D&D turned Cersei into a psuedo Creator's Pet 🙄😒....imo
    Imo opinion with Jon in play they were always going to pick the White Walkers as the first threat to go after if they could help it. If freakin Ramsay turned cheek and said he'd help Jon fight the White Walkers he'd probably consider letting Ramsay rule the North. I like the duel threat of the White Walkers to the North and Cersei to the South. The nature of the story was always "will these warring families finally realize what is most important and join up to defeat the real threat". Well now the worst family is still holding out

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Well, one episode down and none of my predictions have been disproven yet. That's a better record than I was expecting TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Sansa and Gendry will meet, fall in love, and marry.
    I think Arya and Gendry might be more likely. I was actually wondering about that with their scene together in the armory. If Gendry does become king, having a Stark wife would be a really good way to become accepted by the Northerners.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Night King wins and everyone dies.
    I would have thought that was a perfectly likely outcome, but D&D have said that the ending will be "bittersweet." They could be lying, of course, but direct lies from showrunners are generally not taken very well by fans.

Speaking of D&D, one of the more interesting reveals came in their post-episode commentary. They acknowledged that "only Targaryens can ride dragons" and Dany did not seem at all surprised that Jon could ride one. So how long has she known that Jon was a Targaryen?

Theon's rescue of Yara was... bizarrely easy.

Qyburn's reaction to Cersei's reaction to hearing the dead have breached the Wall makes me think that she's even freaking him out a little now. Maybe being a scientist he has a better understanding of what those things can do, or maybe he's just more concerned with his own survival than she is with hers. I don't expect he'll ever betray her, though.

Nor do I expect Bronn to ever use that crossbow on Tyrion. Jaime, maybe. If Dany doesn't kill him first. (But I don't think she will.)

I think Cersei is going to be disappointed with her Golden Legion, and not just because of the lack of elephants. Dany's army will fight to the death for her. Cersei's won't.

Best exchange in the episode:
    EDD: "Watch out... he's got blue eyes!"
    TORMUND: "I've always had blue eyes!"

Best missed opportunity for an exchange:
    CERSEI: "I really wanted elephants."
    EURON: "What... I wasn't good enough for you?"

Regarding the Golden Company, I still think Daario might convince them in some way to turn on Cersei. He stayed behind on Essos, yet is still devoted to Dany. But then, there might not be any room in the remaining episodes for something like that.

Anyway, I liked all of the reunions. Enjoyed Sam's reveal to Jon. Looking forward to Jamie's stuff next week.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Regarding the Golden Company, I still think Daario might convince them in some way to turn on Cersei. He stayed behind on Essos, yet is still devoted to Dany. But then, there might not be any room in the remaining episodes for something like that.

Anyway, I liked all of the reunions. Enjoyed Sam's reveal to Jon. Looking forward to Jamie's stuff next week.

That would be an interesting twist, but unlikely. Unless they they make slight changes for the show, The Golden Company and The Second Sons are rival sellsword companies in Essos.

I feel like this season is gonna lean more heavy into maybe Danni isnt as good as we think stuff. They have played with it in the past and dont get me wrong at her worst she still better then most but when John Snow is your competition you gotta be better then that. Hopefuly Danni dont go to far, while she tried to stay strong and not apologize to Sam you could tell that she was second guessing herself and it hurt her to see him that hurt even though they just met. Felt more bad for Jorah, he looked super uncomfortable.

I dont know why but even when shes being wise and sensible I hate Sansa. She just come off as unlikable to me, might be the actress though I dont like what I've seen of her in Xmen either.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I dont know why but even when shes being wise and sensible I hate Sansa. She just come off as unlikable to me, might be the actress though I dont like what I've seen of her in Xmen either.
    I think it’s the disrespectful tone she has with Danni.

Didn’t expect Cersei to give it up or to order a hit on Jeremy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Didn’t expect Cersei to give it up or to order a hit on Jeremy.
    With Jaime having strayed off, Cersei is angling for legitimate parentage for her fetus.....Somewhat similar to what she did with Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    With Jaime having strayed off, Cersei is angling for legitimate parentage for her fetus.....Somewhat similar to what she did with Robert.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The mystery of the White Walkers is really interesting. I just hope we have enough time in the episodes to find things out realistically instead of a rush job.
    Seriously worried about Jaime. Quickly became a favourite character of mine and I can only see his story ending in his death.

Bron won’t kill Tyrion.
    Confused at where this will go. It seems as though we will deal with the White Walkers and then have to deal with Cersei?

To me, there are two directions for the ending based on two themes of the show that I've picked up on. The first theme is that the Game of Thrones is stupid, backwards and folly. And the Night King represents the true threats that we ignore when we're dealing with stuff that doesn't matter. If there isn't a more apt metaphor for today's politics... Anyways, I can see an ending where so many players stay in the game and the Walkers just steamroll everything. I like this theory more after tonight's episode where every though the White Walkers are on the doorstep of Winterfell, there were people vying for power and people trying to keep power they had. The fact that Dany knows what's coming and she's still making veiled threats about people respecting her up North. That's actually why I think Jon may be one of the survivors. He's been the only character consistently above all of the power struggles.

My other theory is that the show is about modernization. The adults in the show are wholly terrible (We're calling the Stark Kids children here) all stuck in an old way. The way of passed down titles, patriarchy, antiquated honor systems, ect. I'm even calling out Ned Stark here. His old school sense of honor not only got himself killed but ruined the lives of his entire family. I find that most of the main characters who have gotten killed, usually got killed because they're trying to exist in an old world that hurtling towards modernity. Robb's entire character arc is, "What would my father do?" and Catelyn just goes along with it. Visarys carries himself like his father, Joffrey too in a way rules like the old Targaryen rulers. Tywin is self explanatory. Even the younger characters like Tommen and Myrcella die because of their mother's inability to escape that old world. The White Walkers here represent the ultimate old way as they were the arrogant creation of the Children of the Forrest to bring order to the world. In many ways characters like Cersei are the ultimate White Walker.

This one has the potential to be a happier ending, as Dany said her plan is to break the wheel, which I take to mean she is going to fully propel Westeros into the Modern Age. It makes sense because much of Dany's story is about that as well. Slavery is the ultimate archaic evil and she got started by ending slavery in Essos, she tamed a primal horde whose traditions are almost stricter than those in Westeros and she essentially usurped her brother as the Heir to the Iron Throne. And I believe if she keeps going down the path she's on, it could blow up in her face as she's starting to display similarities to the Mad King. But either way, the movement to modernity leads to a happier ending with the Under Class (be it, woman, bastards, sellswords, Kingslayers, disgraced bodyguards, imps, eunuchs, and Onion Knights) that we've been following ending up being the ones in power.