Page 371 of 555 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Bran waiting to have Sam tell Jon about his parentage until the moment Sam turns against Dani. I think he may be playing a long game to put Jon on the throne as well.

If all the Starks survive they'll be a scary bunch. Sansa has probably surpassed Tyrion at playing the game at this point. Bran can see threats before they develop, and with Sansa telling him who to look at he'd be especially effective, and Arya is now the ultimate assassin who can dispatch anyone Bran and Sansa see as dangerous.

The only characters I am confident won't die are Jon and Tyrion. Tyrion because he's the writer's pet and Jon because they are not going to kill him twice. Sansa may end up being too focused on the game. Bran and Arya have important parts to play with their powers, but those parts may end with sacrifice. Dani is not making it out alive. Pretty much every character more minor than them is on the chopping bloc, and Varys' death was prophesied last season.

I like that they went with all the revelations in the first episode.

Sansa has been unlikeable to me since Battle of the Bastards. It's like writers want me to believe she's smart and logical and now knows the game. But her history doesn't back it up?

Arya is just weird to me now. What is she? "She[Sansa] is the smartest person I know." Um, sure.

"I've always had blue eyes!". Cracked me up.

Where. Is. Ghost?!
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 04-15-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Bran waiting to have Sam tell Jon about his parentage until the moment Sam turns against Dani. I think he may be playing a long game to put Jon on the throne as well.

If all the Starks survive they'll be a scary bunch. Sansa has probably surpassed Tyrion at playing the game at this point. Bran can see threats before they develop, and with Sansa telling him who to look at he'd be especially effective, and Arya is now the ultimate assassin who can dispatch anyone Bran and Sansa see as dangerous.

The only characters I am confident won't die are Jon and Tyrion. Tyrion because he's the writer's pet and Jon because they are not going to kill him twice. Sansa may end up being too focused on the game. Bran and Arya have important parts to play with their powers, but those parts may end with sacrifice. Dani is not making it out alive. Pretty much every character more minor than them is on the chopping bloc, and Varys' death was prophesied last season.
    Is he though? I'm sure he's many's favourite. But since season 6, he hasn't been shown to be a clever man(the thing that has kept him alive all this time) at all. Pretty much all of his plans and advice failed. Even Sansa called him out on it this episode. If anyone could be called writer's pet, I would say Sansa since season 6.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Agreed, Sansa has been annoying since the beginning, and I can’t imagine why Arya would say she’s the smartest person she knows.

Sansa has survived, I will give her that, and survived despite not being a fighter like Jon and Arya. But smartest? Really?

Honestly, as fast as predictions go.....I think Sansa and Bran should both die. Bran to help stop the Night King and Sansa because like a previous poster said about the old ways, she cannot seem to focus on the threat in front of her. She’s too much like all the “adult” characters, still thinking about House vs House and the like.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Tbh, I think most of the stuff about Dani being unfit is a red herring. I expect some kinda plot twist regarding who gets the throne. If Dani does dies it won't happen till the very end if the set leaks are any indication.

The situation with Cersei and Euron seems awkward.

Yara doesn't know that the islands aren't safe either, considering there's a wight dragon flying around.

Imo Tyrion is in more danger than Sansa or Dani. I REALLY don't think he's safe.

I like how out of place Missandei felt when she rode into town. And how all the northerners stared at her like they never saw black people before lol.

Cersei being the final villain leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Talk about an overrated character.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Tbh, I think most of the stuff about Dani being unfit is a red herring. I expect some kinda plot twist regarding who gets the throne. If Dani does dies it won't happen till the very end if the set leaks are any indication.

Yara doesn't know that the islands aren't safe either, considering there's a wight dragon flying around.

Imo Tyrion is in more danger than Sansa or Dani. I REALLY don't think he's safe.

I like how out of place Missandei felt when she rode into town. And how all the northerners stared at her like they never saw black people before lol.

Cersei being the final villain leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Talk about an overrated character.
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member

I did say in that post that Sansa could die from being too focused on the game rather than the main threat. She's also my least favorite Stark, and that includes the living and the dead. But her main Shtick now is don't trust anyone who isn't family, and that remains a smart position even now, with Cersai remaining an enemy and Danerys not really trying to inspire confidence among the northerners.

Jon remains the biggest idiot of the lot. He may be the only one besides Bran who is focused on the threat at hand, but he also is the one responsible for it breaching the wall in the first place. What makes Jon special is not his skill or smarts, but that he may be the only person in the entire universe who qualifies as good by our standards, whether living or dead.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sansa might think she knows how to play the game but I think the white walkers arrival will show her that she’s been completely misinterpreting the board in front of her.

Assuming Dani & Jon survive the battle against the white walkers (and win), I imagine a lot of tunes will change about who should lead and who shouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    really? i actually think jon will die because he is ... let´s say, "on borrowed time".
    he just came back to get a job done
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I think she's the final villain less because she's the biggest threat, and more because her being finally killed will potentially be the most satisfying moment in the show for the fans.

Night King is the bigger threat in a practical sense, but Cersi is more personal. People (both characters and viewers) hate her.

Retired

Oceans freeze. It has to get very cold for that to happen, but it happens. And with Winter coming to the South, it's quite possible the White Walkers could come over the ice to the Iron Islands. It's also possible the Night King and his army could march through a frozen Dorne and across an ice bridge to Essos. Which is where I'd like this series to end.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I wouldn't be so certain about Dani. We've seen Dani has a vicious mean streak in her since season 1. Think of all the people Dani has put to death and the reasons why. Dani is about her rights, her wants and she has no problem stepping on people to get it. She's the darling of the common man and little people, but against other lords, ladies, kings and queens, she's totally different. Everyone must bow to her grace, lest they be burned alive, fed to a dragon, crucified alive, beheaded, or struck down by her Dothraki or Unsullied.

Every rose has it's thorns.
    That's the show runners showing off the actors. They stopped writing Cersei years ago. Instead, they've been writing Lena Heady as Cersei. Same with Kit Harrington for the BOTB, and Indira Varma and the Dorne arc. I think the theory a few years ago was the D&D really wanted to win Emmys for their favorite cast members. So, they change things to show off the actors. Dinklage won one for Best Supporting actor, but no one else in the cast has won.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-15-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't think Jon's having already died gives him any plot armor. I think he will live, but mainly because I think Dany will die and they won't kill both characters off.

Good episode but for a show with such high production values the flying scenes had horribly bad CGI. It was like watching a sitcom where the characters are in a car and they have hilariously obvious fake scenery moving by in the background.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Place you bets for survivors of the battle of Winterfell.

Combatants we care about:
    Jon Snow
    Arya Stark
    Berick Dondarian
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Gendry Waters
    The Hound
    Jamie Lannister
    Brienne of Tarth
    Greyworm
    Jorah Mormont
    Davos Seaworth