Page 550 of 555 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Only things who got people in arms are how poorly it was made and bad the writing was. Nothing new with Danny killing people or with her showing how despotic she can be. We have seen that stuff already and that's not what bother most people.

But how it was displayed in that season was amateurish at best.
    Honestly I do believe her going bad and needing to be killed by Jon would have upset a LOT of people even if the execution was better.

This is pretty good.
    Jon Snow apologizes for season 8
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

So they started filming the prequel. And looking at the cast Watts is the only big name but the thing that sticks out most is how many of the listed cast is Black. Something there wasnt alot of in Game of Thrones was Black people. All the ones we saw that I recall were from across the sea. Oh boy who tried to steal the Eggs, Missandei and Grey Worm. Also AAA had what amounted to a cameo playing a slave trader. Anyone familiar with this world know the in story reason why there would be more black People in Westeros thousands of year ago?

I really think they botched up the potential of these spin offs with the last season. I feel like it's going to be like a Solo situation where it just tanks and kills everything else that was connected to it.

I also think the Amazon lotr series isn't going to do well too. They're derivative and probably won't be as good as everyone wants them to be.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Anyone familiar with this world know the in story reason why there would be more black People in Westeros thousands of year ago?
    Not that familiar with it, but with the Targaryens at the height of their rule there were probably a lot more connections with their old homeland in Essos. A lot more long-range trade and travel.

ETA: Actually, looking at the timeline, if this story takes place "thousands of years ago" it would be well before the Targaryens.
    Last edited by AndrewCrossett; 06-19-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So they started filming the prequel. And looking at the cast Watts is the only big name but the thing that sticks out most is how many of the listed cast is Black. Something there wasnt alot of in Game of Thrones was Black people. All the ones we saw that I recall were from across the sea. Oh boy who tried to steal the Eggs, Missandei and Grey Worm. Also AAA had what amounted to a cameo playing a slave trader. Anyone familiar with this world know the in story reason why there would be more black People in Westeros thousands of year ago?
    There is no in-story reason for it; if they were sticking with the source material, everybody would be white, except your random Summer Islander, who you would never see much of, in Westeros. There's probably more minority actors in the upcoming show just because the previous show already raised a few eyebrows for being so notably monochromatic.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    They must confused GoT with Chernobyl!!!
    GoT has more believable fantasy narrative
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    There is no in-story reason for it; if they were sticking with the source material, everybody would be white, except your random Summer Islander, who you would never see much of, in Westeros. There's probably more minority actors in the upcoming show just because the previous show already raised a few eyebrows for being so notably monochromatic.
    lol I know right...like uhhhh cause why not?

MrR0bot

I am excited about this prequel, even more so since it won't be based on a book. One thing I didn't like about the series that just ended was the fact that there was a divergence between the books and the show. I understand that it would be difficult to make everything similar but I felt that the show lacked something more.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    This is what I figured but having never read the books I dont know the history of Westeros. Thought maybe there was a in story reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    This is pretty good.
    Jon Snow apologizes for season 8
    Jon should apologise for wasting the parentage story of the Stark and Tagrarian union. He was my favourite child of Ned Stark. D&D took that from me only to give me nothing.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Jon should apologise for wasting the parentage story of the Stark and Tagrarian union. He was my favourite child of Ned Stark. D&D took that from me only to give me nothing.
    It did lead to Dany’s demises.

Ultimate Member

Which feels like the most minor, unsatisfying "payoff" that they could have possibly done given all the build-up. It honestly doesn't even feel like they needed the parentage thing for that, given how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Which feels like the most minor, unsatisfying "payoff" that they could have possibly done given all the build-up. It honestly doesn't even feel like they needed the parentage thing for that, given how it plays out.
    It led to a chain reaction that got them to where they needed to go. Several people ended up turning Dany and pushing Jon to take the throne when they realized there was another viable option. It ended up driving a wedge between Dany and Jon, Tyrion, and Varys. And that made it easier to justify their actions moving foreward. All those things still MIGHT have happened, but it made them more understandable.

There are also the scenes with Jon and the Dragons which would not have been possible if not for his parentage.

And they helped give Sam and Bran bigger roles. Take out the whole Jon parentage thing, and their roles diminish siginificantly towards the end.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It led to a chain reaction that got them to where they needed to go. Several people ended up turning Dany and pushing Jon to take the throne when they realized there was another viable option. It ended up driving a wedge between Dany and Jon, Tyrion, and Varys. And that made it easier to justify their actions moving foreward. All those things still MIGHT have happened, but it made them more understandable.

There are also the scenes with Jon and the Dragons which would not have been possible if not for his parentage.

And they helped give Sam and Bran bigger roles. Take out the whole Jon parentage thing, and their roles diminish siginificantly towards the end.
    Also, Dany indirectly threatened Jon’s sisters over it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Also, Dany indirectly threatened Jon’s sisters over it.
    True, because Jon was a threat to Danys throne both Arya and Tyrion believed that Dany would ultimately kill Jon and his sisters. Hard to say whether or not that was true... but that perhaps more than anything is probably what pushed Jon to do what he needed to do.