Page 535 of 555 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Dany is dead, so there's no value in fighting for her anymore.

And if they really want independence, then its probably easier to ask for it over going to war over it. A war over Jon Sbow for thrm simply wouldn't be worth it.

Really the only wons at this point willing to go to war are the north. For everyone else, its pointless.
    It was a hypothetical based on the assumption that Greyworm insists on Jon's death. I am not arguing that it is likely. I am discussing a hypothetical based off of Knight's post.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The Unsullied and Dothraki had the city, Dorne and the Iron Islands declared for Dany. Jon needed to be punishished. Nobody wanted a war but if Jon was set free they would have got one and then Dorne and the Ironborn probably support the cause. The easiest thing was to send Jon to the wall. And justice for the Queen was all they really cared about.

Tyrion and Bran both knew that wasn’t a punishment for Jon. Jon willingly went to the Wall when he didn’t need to once and he was sick of fighting and his happiest days were up North. Giving Jon what would make him happiest anyways was a small price to pay for peacefully resolving the conflict and getting the invaders to leave and put Westeros back together.

Also Greyworms’s position of strength was he had Jon Snow and could kill him whenever. He knew it would start a war so he basically said “sort your **** out and figure out how we punish him so we can all move on”.
    It is pointless to argue over how likely it is as this is pure speculation. I am saying assuming war breaks out, how do we think it plays out? It is fine if you don't want to engage in this hypothetical but arguing about whether it is likely or not is pointless as no one said it was.

So IF war broke out over Jon, what would happen? The North is claiming independence so siding with them is siding with an independent Kingdom. Yarra wanted independence and wants Jon punished so what are the Iron Islands going to do? Dorne was the one Kingdom that had the most autonomy and still allowed their leaders to be called Prince (not Lord) so where do their loyalties lie? Gendry obviously loves Arya but she rejected him and Dany gave him his title so what would he do? And so on and so forth.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Honestly the smartest thing Dany did all show was give Gendry a lordship. The Baratheon line was her biggest lawful threat to the throne and by raising Gendry from bastard to Baratheon she was was able to get the new head of the House yo acknowledge her as Queen because it was the only way his title actually had validity.
    Agreed hence my point what happens if war did break-out. What does Gendry do. Challenge the Unsullied defending the Queen who he owes his title too. Or side with the woman that rejected him. Interesting conundrum.

I think by that point they were all just looking for a resolution they could live without they either wanted the okay to execute Jon without repercussions or something that would satisfy them. Should have just castrated Jon and moved on
    Oh yeah I think they didn't really have an appetite for fighting at that point. Just again speculating about what would have happened in Greyworm pressed for Jon's death or if he had simply killed Jon right after he killed Dany.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    He had a fitting ending. But if he was the one to put down his Khaleesi, it would be much more powerful.
    Although I would question whether Jorah may have been able to get through to her. While she loves Jon, he is also a threat to her throne and was the idiot that told Sansa. Hearing from Jorah that she is losing it may have been enough to bring her back from the brink given how long he has known her as it was the combination of losing Jorah and Missandei that pushed her over the edge. One of them alive may change things.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It was a hypothetical based on the assumption that Greyworm insists on Jon's death. I am not arguing that it is likely. I am discussing a hypothetical based off of Knight's post.

It is pointless to argue over how likely it is as this is pure speculation. I am saying assuming war breaks out, how do we think it plays out? It is fine if you don't want to engage in this hypothetical but arguing about whether it is likely or not is pointless as no one said it was.

So IF war broke out over Jon, what would happen? The North is claiming independence so siding with them is siding with an independent Kingdom. Yarra wanted independence and wants Jon punished so what are the Iron Islands going to do? Dorne was the one Kingdom that had the most autonomy and still allowed their leaders to be called Prince (not Lord) so where do their loyalties lie? Gendry obviously loves Arya but she rejected him and Dany gave him his title so what would he do? And so on and so forth.
    Yeah, but my point is just because Grey Worm hypothetically would go to war over Jon's fate doesn't mean Dorn or the Iron Islands would.

The Unsullied are a dead end. Either they win and leave, or they lose and die. An alliance with them is meaningless. It's far more important to have a good relationship with the other kingdoms that they will need to co-exist with long after Grey Worm is out of the picture one way or the other.

Independence MIGHT be a carrot on the stick for them to help the Unsullied if not for the possibility of them simply getting it by asking for it rather than going to war. So overall, the incentive to go to war over Jon Snow is pretty non-existant for Dorn and the Iron Islands. Unsullied would likely be on their own... and they knew it. It's part of the reason why going to war over Jonw wouldn't be worth it. They likely couldnt win long term, and even if they did they gain nothing out of it.

Honestly the smartest thing Dany did all show was give Gendry a lordship
    Thought the same too watching the scene. She reads the mood well, she makes very unlikely that house Baretheon will ever turn againts her or start to have weird ideas about thrones and she pleases the crowd.

Well done.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 05-24-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    He had a fitting ending. But if he was the one to put down his Khaleesi, it would be much more powerful.
    It would have been much better and much more "bitter sweet." And, imo, much more inline with previous GOT stuff.

Although I would question whether Jorah may have been able to get through to her. While she loves Jon, he is also a threat to her throne and was the idiot that told Sansa. Hearing from Jorah that she is losing it may have been enough to bring her back from the brink given how long he has known her as it was the combination of losing Jorah and Missandei that pushed her over the edge. One of them alive may change things.
    I think he would have tried and realized Khaleesi was lost and gone through with it.

Plus, IDK if Jon is a threat ot the throne in actuality. how many times did he have to say "I dun wun it" and "yu muh queen" in season 8 lol. They butchered him more than anyone else IMO. In season 7, he at least still had his balls
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Agreed hence my point what happens if war did break-out. What does Gendry do. Challenge the Unsullied defending the Queen who he owes his title too. Or side with the woman that rejected him. Interesting conundrum.

Oh yeah I think they didn't really have an appetite for fighting at that point. Just again speculating about what would have happened in Greyworm pressed for Jon's death or if he had simply killed Jon right after he killed Dany.
    No one is going to side with the Unsullied. Wouldn't make sense.

In the least they remain neutral. At most the aide the North and the new King just so this whole matter can be resolved and they can all move on. Because that's all anyone really wants at this point... to move on from all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It would have been much better and much more "bitter sweet." And, imo, much more inline with previous GOT stuff.

I think he would have tried and realized Khaleesi was lost and gone through with it.

Plus, IDK if Jon is a threat ot the throne in actuality. how many times did he have to say "I dun wun it" and "yu muh queen" in season 8 lol. They butchered him more than anyone else IMO. In season 7, he at least still had his balls
    He was a threat in the sense that everyone who found out about Jon seemingly wanted to turn against Dany.

And of course Jon does end up killing her so yeah... regardless of whether he wanted the throne himself or not he clearly was a threat.

He was a threat in the sense that everyone who found out about Jon seemingly wanted to turn against Dany.

And of course Jon does end up killing her so yeah... regardless of whether he wanted the throne himself or not he clearly was a threat.
    you missed the "to the throne" part
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, but my point is just because Grey Worm hypothetically would go to war over Jon's fate doesn't mean Dorn or the Iron Islands would.

The Unsullied are a dead end. Either they win and leave, or they lose and die. An alliance with them is meaningless. It's far more important to have a good relationship with the other kingdoms that they will need to co-exist with long after Grey Worm is out of the picture one way or the other.

Independence MIGHT be a carrot on the stick for them to help the Unsullied if not for the possibility of them simply getting it by asking for it rather than going to war. So overall, the incentive to go to war over Jon Snow is pretty non-existant for Dorn and the Iron Islands. Unsullied would likely be on their own... and they knew it. It's part of the reason why going to war over Jonw wouldn't be worth it. They likely couldnt win long term, and even if they did they gain nothing out of it.
    The North can't give them independence as they are no longer a part of 7 Kingdoms. Yarra clearly said she fought for Dany so why would she side with Jon and the North?

Dorne obviously suffered from Cersei more than most. Dany ended that not anyone else. So open for debate.

The North can't give them independence as they are no longer a part of 7 Kingdoms. Yarra clearly said she fought for Dany so why would she side with Jon and the North?

Dorne obviously suffered from Cersei more than most. Dany ended that not anyone else. So open for debate.
    Bran can give them independence the same way he gave it to Sansa if they bother asking for it.

And yeah.... obviously it's open to debate whether or not Dorn or the Iron Islands would fight with the Unsullied because that's what they're doing. I'm merely debating they wouldn't bother. THey literally have nothing to gain. If the genuinely cared they would have raised more of an objection than they did, but that wasn't the case. Again, everyone by this point was willing to move on. The only ones with real incentive to go to war over this was the North.

Bran can give them independence the same way he gave it to Sansa if they bother asking for it.

And yeah.... obviously it's open to debate whether or not Dorn or the Iron Islands would fight with the Unsullied because that's what they're doing. I'm merely debating they wouldn't bother. THey literally have nothing to gain. If the genuinely cared they would have raised more of an objection than they did, but that wasn't the case. Again, everyone by this point was willing to move on. The only ones with real incentive to go to war over this was the North.
    We know Yarra cares about Independence because that was her ask of Dany. The fact the writers made her forget about it is dumb and not what I am arguing. Does it make sense for Bran to give the North, Dorne and Iron Islands independence? At that point you might as well dissolve the 7 Kingdoms. So no I don't think Bran does that as I suspect that is why the writers dropped the issue of Yarra's independence. They didn't want to dilute the 7 Kingdoms too much. However, I think that was a meta decision not something that flows from the story. In story, Yarra most certainly would want Independence and if you grant it to her then calls into question everyone else remaining. No one has any real reason to want to remain under Bran's rule as he has done nothing to earn anyone's fealty or loyalty.

If you are saying that only the North and the Unsullied would fight then ok I get that. But while the North is fighting in KL, do you think the Iron Islands sit idle. Theon is dead. Yarra was fine with them attacking the North when the opportunity arose the first time so I see no reason for her to sit idle if the North is weakened by a protracted War in the South. Not really in their nature. So no, I don't think the Iron Islands would just sit neutral or side with the North if war with the Unsullied broke out. They are more akin to pirates and opportunists and Yarra already was promised independence.

Dorne you have a stronger case for them remaining neutral. I can see the case for them staying out of it but if they side, I think they still end up on Unsullied side. Also let's be clear, if they won the war, what they would have to gain is King's Landing which is the largest city on the continent. The Unsullied won't want it, I doubt Yarra would as logistically tough for her to keep since the Iron Islands on opposite coast, and Bran isn't going to give it up. By contrast Sea of Dorne is on the same coast and would provide a midway point between Iron Island and Kings Landing via sea route. The other main Kingdom on that coast between Dorne and KL is Stormlands which Gendry owes his Lordship over to Dany. So that would be the play for Dorne. They would be able to pretty much control sea trade on the Eastern Coast with King Landing, Yarra's fleets, and a friendly Stormlands. They could also potentially call on what is left of Dany's forces on Essos of Daario feels like getting some revenge.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-24-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Spectacular Member

It’s heavily implied that the Unsullied legend is overrated AF in the books. They almost never face real trained armies with armored and mounted knights. Essos isn’t a continent filled with feudal warlords who have mastered the art of warfare. Also it is heavily implied that Dany being kinder to them weakened them as Warriors.
    Aren't they also supposed to be fat in the books? I thought that they ate a lot, because they can't have sex, so that's their main indulgence.

It was mainly the Unsullied who served as household guards that generally got fat as food was their only vice and they had ample access to it.

How many years passed between the first episode and the last episode?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!