Page 457 of 555 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Less episodes is huge though because it is making things rushed
    I agree, however with how much has happened they needed maybe two full seasons to pull this off and give it proper breathing room

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Danny's fine just let her rule. Give it a few weeks the people of Westeros won't care. I wanted Jon to be king last season but not like this. Just let the badass with Dragons rule damn it.

To all the writers of the world write as if David Benioff and DB Weiss will get to finish your story if you don’t. Now you know why it takes Martin 10 years to write 1 book. What we are seeing is what Game of Thrones is when you write it in 2 months.
    If she's murdering innocent women and children, she shouldn't be ruling. If they show is going to end, it shouldn't be with her on the Iron Throne. Not after what she just did. Even if Dany didn't do what she just did, most of the people would have had trouble trusting her... and unfortunately she only justified that mistrust.

anyone else feel like Qyburn's death felt like a throwback to old GOT?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I agree, however with how much has happened they needed maybe two full seasons to pull this off and give it proper breathing room
    Even just 4 more episodes (so a full season) would have helped a lot. Especialy since everyone quick travels across the kingdom now lol

Needs to take a step back and breath a bit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

If they didn't even focos on that mom and kid trying to survive, I'll wager a lot of people wouldn't have cared what Dany did. The show made it a point of humanizing Danys actions. Show Dany simply buring down buidlings and the Unsullied slaughtering soldiers, and Dany probably still would have come off smelling like roses. But murdering that little girl and her mom is what brings the whole thing down to earth. And that's something I felt was actually handled pretty well in this episode.

Even just 4 more episodes (so a full season) would have helped a lot. Especialy since everyone quick travels across the kingdom now lol

This episodes are almost twice as long, so we're almost getting a full season in terms of minute to minute content. But yeah, there is a difference as far as breaking things up and giving the story a bit of time to breath. This season might not have felt as rushed if it didn't have the format it did.

Extraordinary Member

That teleporting started in season 5. Honestly if I was going to do anything differently I probably would have plopped in a montage of all the fucked up **** Dany did right before she burned everyone just to reinforce that she is a naturally violent person

So basically Jon next week.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/2E9f8YzbfdP5hSFr8

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    That teleporting started in season 5. Honestly if I was going to do anything differently I probably would have plopped in a montage of all the fucked up **** Dany did right before she burned everyone just to reinforce that she is a naturally violent person
    Or at least some exposition from Tyrion to someone about it just to drive it home a bit .

The varys stuff wasn't enough.

I just feel like so far, they are like 2/9 for endings. Jamie, Cersie, Baelish, Nightking, Varys, Euron, and Rhaegal were all hot garbage

Theon (easy to do, just have him save a stark and die) and Hound (just needed a touch of arya with the mountain, fire, and death) were the only ones that worked so far.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They've been hinting at Dany being the Mad Queen for a long time. But much like the death of the Night King it's not so much what happened but how it happened IMO this season is rushed the Night King should had been the big bad this season and they should had done one more year building to the fall Cersei and decent into madness for Deny.
    I think Danys descent arguably is more justifiable if it's done quickly. She went off the rails from losing several people she loved in very quick sucession. If things slowed down, the more time to process everything, and more people had more time to reason with her I think she might have actually calmed down a bit. But because it happened so quickly I think she was just overwhelmed, and hit a breaking point. I think if she even has a week to think about it, deep down she'll regret what she did.

Okay, guys, let's leave (a) personal commentary and (b) real life politics out of this. Neither belongs here.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Does she? Who's gonna follow her after this? I see the next episode about her losing favor and realizing she has nothing.
    Maybe all those thousands of people she liberated from the monstrous slavers. All those people who witnessed her burn the otherwise untouchable wealthy masters, who dealt in human suffering and slavery of innocent people.

Her followers would follow her to the end.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Jon could have saved thousands/millions. Give your auntie the D she was begging for take one for the people of Kings landing calm her down bro. But nah hes too grossed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Maybe all those thousands of people she liberated from the monstrous slavers. All those people who witnessed her burn the otherwise untouchable wealthy masters, who dealt in human suffering and slavery of innocent people.

Yeah, she's fine down south. But everything above that will likely never trust her. I think there would be an inherent distrust of her anyways because of the Mad King, and I think she unfortunately justifed those fears at the very start. There's no way there can be any real peace or stability while she's on the Iron Throne. She sort of blew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Those people are in Essos though.

All she has in the 7 kingdoms is an army of unsullied, an army of rampaging rapist pillaging Dothraki, a very large WMD dragon... and Jon.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

So, anybody think Bran warged into that convenient horse and sent it to save his sister? Basically, I'm just casting about for anything that would justify his long and involved character arc.

I don't think Dany just went randomly crazy during the battle. I think it was all planned from the moment she decided that if the people wouldn't love her, then they'd fear her. (As Machiavelli wrote, it's best for a leader to be both loved and feared, but if you can only have one, choose fear.) That's how Genghis Khan and Tamerlane built empires: by being so merciless that no one would dare oppose them.

If Dany lives long enough to actually rule, she'll be the most hated ruler in the history of the Seven Kingdoms. Much more hated than Cersei, who apparently maintained a relatively peaceful if oppressive rule. More hated than her father, who unlike her never made good on his intention to burn Kings Landing.

Queen Daenerys had better hope that her one and only dragon remains very, very healthy.

So what became of the valonqar prophecy? Cersei's little brother Tyrion didn't kill her and in fact tried to save her. She died with Jaime, but not being choked out by him. I hope the prophecy just straight up turned out to be B.S. I hate prophecies as a plot hammering device.