Page 504 of 555 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

rl952j4jx9z21.jpg

Literally anyone else. Hell, the new prince of Dorne likely has a more interesting story than Bran.

Seven hells, the writing is so bad. Offering the Unsullied and Dothraki to resettle the Reach? Cersei blew up the Lord Paramount of the Reach and his family, not the whole goddamn kingdom! They act like between the Sept of Baelor going kaboom, Jaime's sacking of Highgarden and the Loot Train Battle, the Reach somehow suffered more losses than the North and the Riverlands. What about the other nobles in the area? House Hightower---oh, wait, the Hightower was just the rookery for the citadel in the show's world. FFS.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd imagine it was in the initial contract that he had too.

Plus, he probably got paid a whole lot of money ot tell them, muc more than he'd get from finishing his books with .00000000001% the effort.
    Writing is a slow lonely gig, unless you are Steven King, or Pier Anthony.

Then you just bang em out.

At this point, being GRRM is his day gig not writing. He gets to have Tolkien like props while A) being above ground and B)of the mindset to enjoy it.

I figure the LAST thing he wants to do is go back to his lonely garret and start writing.

This series and its hype is the best thing that ever happened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I am sort of curious if they went with Grey Worm or not. There doesn't seem to be any indication that they did, though we didn't see much.

If we wanna play head canon, they might have decided to bail before the finale where Bran was made king. They didn't necessarily have any reason to stick around once Dany died. In any event, no one at the end seemed worried about the Dothraki, so I just assume they went home somehow.
    Bloodriders don't do that. And Dany had 50K of them instead of 3
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

He's no diplomat, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's stupid. Yes, killing Jon means effectively taking the Unsullied and Dothaki into war (assuming they would still follow Grey Worm), but really does that do then any favors? Are they better off fighting a war against people they don't care about in a place they seemingly just want to leave anyways?

I honestly think Grey Worm simply wanted to leave, and played a bit of hardball to save face before getting the heck out of dodge. Without Dany he had no reason to fight and die in this place. It simply wasn't worth doing any more than he did.
    Grey Wom: “My lover is murdered, my queen who we all swore to follow is killed by treachery, I slaughter the innocent in rage, but there’s only 20 minutes left in the series and I wanna be able to say my character made it through to the end.”

Nameless Dornish Prince: “Hey, me too. Up top!”
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-20-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Writing is a slow lonely gig, unless you are Steven King, or Pier Anthony.

Then you just bang em out.

At this point, being GRRM is his day gig not writing. He gets to have Tolkien like props while A) being above ground and B)of the mindset to enjoy it.

I figure the LAST thing he wants to do is go back to his lonely garret and start writing.

This series and its hype is the best thing that ever happened to him.
    Who would bother to work at 70? when youc an live off your millions for the last 10ish years (at best for him lol)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    A friend who’s scent is all over the knife in her guts...
    Drogon smart enough to burn the throne for symbolism

not smart enough to figure out who did it lol

I mean, I get it, but gods, this show stopped caring about details a long time ago lol

If this ending even remotely resembles GRRM's endgame in the books, then I think I finally understand why his writing has come to such a bloody halt. He simply made the characters way too young. The Stark children, Jon, Dany...I think realistically, they are/will still be too young, physically, emotionally, mentally for the roles they assume by the story's end. At best, Bran is like 10 years old by the end of Book 5.

I think the real problem with the books is that GRRM can't age up the kids despite really needing to, the dragons need time to grow, and he can't find a subtle resolution to the Meereen story that doesn't show his Mad Queen Dany card earlier than he'd like.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

A friend who’s scent is all over the knife in her guts...
    Yeah, but at this point Drogon is probably used to Jons scent being all over Dany.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but at this point Drogon is probably used to Jons scent being all over Dany.
    And the knife in her guts.

Come on. The who,e reason he’s standing guard is to make sure nobody gets in. The one person who he lets in is standing over her corpse and his knife is in her.

If he’d breathed on Jon, that would have been something. Fire can’t kill a dragon, but they never even used that.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

I hope someone does some market research on the merchandise sales.

“All Daenerys merchandise must go. 90% off. Seriously, just take it!”

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

When/if fire didn’t work, he simply could’ve eaten Jon.

Incredible Member

I‘m happy with the ending. Given the amount of screentime they had left, it’s no wonder that it felt rushed. But that Dany would turn mad is something that was telegraphed seasons ago. I don’t understand how this can come as a surprise.

As long as a show like this is going on, everybody is happy because the ending they’ve made up in their minds is still a possibility. The closer you get to the end, the possibilities of how it’ll end get fewer and fewer and an increasing number of people will become dissatisfied because „their“ ending isn’t the actual one.

A lot of my favourite shows didn’t stick the landing completely or even fell flat. But none of them was bad enough to take away all the hours of enjoyment that I got from this show. I think it was an enormous achievement.

And the knife in her guts.

Come on. The who,e reason he’s standing guard is to make sure nobody gets in. The one person who he lets in is standing over her corpse and his knife is in her.

If he’d breathed on Jon, that would have been something. Fire can’t kill a dragon, but they never even used that.
    It's tough to guage a dragons motives, or even their understanding of the situation. If my dog walked in on me when the person I was dating had a knife in my dead body, I don't think he would necessarily be intelligent enough to piece together that the person I was dating killed me. Course, Drogon may be MUCH smarter than that, as evidenced that he burned the Iron Throne. But if he's smart enough to do that, maybe he's also smart enough to choose to let Jon off the hook.

We know the Dragons instantly liked Jon enough to allow them to ride them, so perhaps that bond prevents them from harming them. Hard to say. Again, it's an animal and we're not sure the level of intelligence and conscience they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    rl952j4jx9z21.jpg

Literally anyone else. Hell, the new prince of Dorne likely has a more interesting story than Bran.

Seven hells, the writing is so bad. Offering the Unsullied and Dothraki to resettle the Reach? Cersei blew up the Lord Paramount of the Reach and his family, not the whole goddamn kingdom! They act like between the Sept of Baelor going kaboom, Jaime's sacking of Highgarden and the Loot Train Battle, the Reach somehow suffered more losses than the North and the Riverlands. What about the other nobles in the area? House Hightower---oh, wait, the Hightower was just the rookery for the citadel in the show's world. FFS.
    Problem is that Bran is probably GRRM's choice for King in his outline. Bran is far more important in the books, getting much more page time, than the TV show and literally the first POV character in the books is Bran.

BANNED

Well...that all happened, I guess.

What a dud of a finale.