Page 490 of 555 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500540 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Jon should have lied and just say Dany flew off with that dragon somewhere. I would have.
    Yeah, she went into exile after seeing the Iron Throne wasn't worth all that death. She threw a massive temper tantrum over being Queen of Ashes, had the dragon melt the Iron Throne and then they both flew off for points unknown (at least unknow to jon).

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It’s not really a kingdom of ash if a portion of one city was burned.

Jon basically rode off into the sunset, with his dog at his side. That’s honestly a better end than I thought he would get.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    You make a good point though. Why was everyone else ok with being ruled? No one thought they should break away as well?
    Her response thought could easily be no one gave more in the seven kingdoms to allow everyone else to live than the north. They were the last stand against the night king. She has a valid point their reward should be freedom and independence.
    This is more of a book response, but in the books the North is far more independent that literally any of the other Kingdoms. They were First Men who prayed to the old gods, while all the Southerners were mixed with Andals and prayed to the Seven. The North's affairs were mostly seperate. Pre Aegon, the Southerners were always fighting little fuedal wars until they were unified. This is honestly a better option for them. All the major Lords have a say so they don't feel rejected or not in the process, then you have an omniscient as the true ruler.

Jon basically got the ending he always wanted (more or less)

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Okay... who had Bran in the office pool? 'Cause I sure didn't.

So I guess "They don't get to choose" was the line that ended Dany's life.

I think everyone knew there wasn't going to be any Night's Watch... they just used the convention of "taking the black" to let Jon go live with the Wildlings like he wanted to.

Have no objection to Sansa as Queen in the North. I think she's just the right choice, in fact. Especially since just about all the other Northern nobles are dead.

Everybody laughed at Sam's suggestion of democracy, but then they all took one giant leap towards it by switching from a hereditary monarchy to an elective one. I'll bet Littlefinger and Varys will regret missing out on all the intrigue THAT will entail.

I would watch a spinoff about the adventures of Arya Columbus.

I was mostly satisfied with how that ended. In general terms that's apparently how GRRM will end it, so... there ya go.

Next up... "His Dark Materials." Hope it's awesome!

Can we get a Bron spin off? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I guess the bitter would be that Dany died and Jon had to take the L for it. But I don't even know if we can consider that a punishment for Jon. He didn't want to be King, he chose on his own to go in the NW the first time, and he was happiest there. He hated being a bastard in Winterfell, he only became Lord Commander and King in the North for the White Walkers. He's going to live out the rest of his life as a complete legend with NW and Wildings.

Again kinda funny because I was on Westeros.orgs forums and they were pretty much arguing about how it's impossible for this ending to be anything but a tragedy.

I guess the most bitter is Dany's turn and Jon not going on the throne. They were the two cliche candidates.
    They were the cliche candidates. I'm surprised at Bran because they have done nothing with his character for seasons at a time, and he just went through a complete personality change after the previous Three-Eyed Raven died. Then he seems to have a sense of humor at the end. I just wish Bran's character and story had been handled better. I also wish they could have spent just a few minutes tying up the loose ends of WTF has been going on in the Riverlands/Vale/Dorne since those storylines were dropped seasons ago. Puberty looks like it did wonders for Robin Arryn.

I also wish they had a few scenes of King's Landing under reconstruction and repopulation since it looked like all we got were scenes of the major characters wondering throughout the castle and city. Like, does the rest of Westeros know that their new king is a crippled boy who will never father an heir? I expect that knowledge to create the facepalm that will be heard around the world.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Extraordinary Member

Just for posterity

-Samwell writing a book of the events ala Frodo? Check
    -Jon completing his life's mission going to finish out his life in the mysterious land? Check.

GRRM has the biggest hard on for Tolkien

This to me just feels bitter, no sweet whatsoever.

I didn't like that Jon and Arya and Sansa are never going to see each other again. And Jon really sacrificed himself for everyone and got nothing for it. They didn't even acknowledge what he did. Like he warned everyone about the Night King, got them to join up, stopped Dany, but in the end its just like yup sentenced you to nights watch, bye. I know Grayworm had to punish him, but everyone else should have stuck up for him, fought for him a little more.

Just like he did the dozen or times before he helped other people and they ignored it.

I did like that as soon as he got to the Night Watch everyone just showed respect and let him live on. They at least remembered what he did.

He should have said goodbye to Sam or something.

Arya's whole whats west of westeros idea was like added in the last two episodes cause they couldn't think of anything for her to do. Not saying she should have married Gendry, but it feels like her goal was because the writers couldn't think of anything better.

Don't like what they did with Dany and Grayworm, but that was last episode.

Really feel like they botched this series into the ground with the last two episodes.

Astonishing Member

So is Bran's idea to basically do the exact opposite of what his Hand advises? Because otherwise this is all going to go badly as no one who gave Tyrion a position of leadership came out alive. But have to love that he is totally left out of the histories.

Ultimate Member

As an aside, the leaks were true.

All of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    So is Bran's idea to basically do the exact opposite of what his Hand advises? Because otherwise this is all going to go badly as no one who gave Tyrion a position of leadership came out alive. But have to love that he is totally left out of the histories.
    Well tbf Joffrey died while Tyrion had no power and Tywin was hand. Also technically Tyrion gave up being Hand when Dany died (though tbf Tyrion totally told Jon to kill Dany)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I would watch a spinoff about the adventures of Arya Columbus.

I was mostly satisfied with how that ended. In general terms that's apparently how GRRM will end it, so... there ya go.
    Eh, if Arya and her ship aren't obliterated by a monsoon, she'll just end up runner-up to Elissa Farman on proving that Westeros is round by ending up in a port at Asshai. Since GRRM already solved the mystery of what's west of Westeros in Fire and Blood, Arya's ending was just boring. Hopefully it will be different in the books.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    This to me just feels bitter, no sweet whatsoever.

I didn't like that Jon and Arya and Sansa are never going to see each other again. And Jon really sacrificed himself for everyone and got nothing for it. They didn't even acknowledge what he did. Like he warned everyone about the Night King, got them to join up, stopped Dany, but in the end its just like yup sentenced you to nights watch, bye. I know Grayworm had to punish him, but everyone else should have stuck up for him, fought for him a little more.

Just like he did the dozen or times before he helped other people and they ignored it.

I did like that as soon as he got to the Night Watch everyone just showed respect and let him live on. They at least remembered what he did.

He should have said goodbye to Sam or something.

Arya's whole whats west of westeros idea was like added in the last two episodes cause they couldn't think of anything for her to do. Not saying she should have married Gendry, but it feels like her goal was because the writers couldn't think of anything better.

Don't like what they did with Dany and Grayworm, but that was last episode.

Really feel like they botched this series into the ground with the last two episodes.
    The life of a tragic hero.