Page 486 of 555 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I agree it’s frakked up.

I’ve seen her going dark ever since Jon arrived on Dragonstone. Looking back. Daenerys has always been full of hope and prinicipsl WHEN THINGS GO HER WAY. But when things start to go pear shaped she tends to revert to her default “fire and blood” factory setting.

As stated above, she puts a lot of stake in her legitimate claim, then gets all whiny when it turns out she’s NOT the legitimate heir. She could have bent the knee as she asked zJon to but she lacks his humility. She’s too caught up in her own myth.

And this is who the Targareyans are. Aegon invaded and conquered and burned alive anyone who wouldn’t submit. He wanted power and took it, with only Dorne having the balls to tell him and his sisters and their dragons to go frak themselves.

Honestly they should probably kill Jon too. End the bloodline now. The world would be better for it.
    Perhaps her not having the strongest legitimate claim might also be a factor in her actions.

If she doesn't have legitimacy, then her rule is justified through sheer force. She sort of mentions that to Jon in her fear speech. This may be her showing Westeros that legitimacy be damned, I'm taking the damn throne because no one can freaking stop me.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

It's crazy how easy it was for Aegon to conquer Westeros. But Dani was basically conveniently gimped, which makes her advisers look dumb.

Also what was with that place where the WW are from? I'm willing to bet their saving that **** for the spinoff. I wonder if that's where all of the myth heavy stuff is going to be relegated to I think.
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 05-18-2019 at 10:04 PM.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

This is a REALLY good objective look at Dani's character arc

Well, it's pretty obvious that the only reason that whole deal with Danny and KL happened is to give Jon a legit reason to switch his allegiance and claim the throne.

Or then maybe i'm all wrong and Bran is going to follow the golden path and start a thousand years space empire, him being the kwisatz haderach and all.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 05-19-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's more apparant in the books but Dany watching Viserys die had alot more to do with her coming to the conclusion that he was not going to be a suitable king and that he was actually weak and couldn't command respect. By that point she didn't view Viserys as a threat or even a danger to her anymore despite his actions that day. She knew the Dothraki had her back. She just completely lost faith in him and viewed him as expendable. In the books you see more of her coming to this realization as she understands that the Dothraki are mocking him and Jorah basically telling her how bad a king Viserys would be. She absolutely could have saved him and he never would have been much of a threat, he needed them, and he had no leverage anymore. She just didn't think him worthy, so she let him die. She didn't view him as a real dragon like he claimed.

You can't compare that to Sansa who was basically punishing a man who raped her, who had killed her brother, who had been skinning Northmen alive. That was capital punishment and that was to be expected. Viserys was more about him losing the respect of everyone and his threats not meaning anything anymore. Sansa also doesn't have a history of burning people alive or calling for the destruction of cities. She's shrewd and tactical now, but she has no aspirations to be a conquerer. Her biggest ambition is keeping the North independent. And she was totally fine with Jon being the one to rule it. She saw enough of the South.
    Didn't Viserys treated Daenerys as his property, he would beat, slap, manahndle her whenever the mood struck him. He thought nothing of dragging her by her hair, pinching her nipples and generally shoving her around. So while he didn't rape her that doesnÂ’t negate his sexual, emotional, and physical abuse to her.

He violated the Dothraki capital's no-weapons-allowed rule by carrying a sword and threaten Daenerys with it. He threatened to cut out Dany's child, right there in front of Drogo. Not taking action would have made the Khal look cowardly in fron of his khalasar, and Drogo was certainly not going to take it lying down.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Didn't Viserys treated Daenerys as his property, he would beat, slap, manahndle her whenever the mood struck him. He thought nothing of dragging her by her hair, pinching her nipples and generally shoving her around. So while he didn't rape her that doesnÂ’t negate his sexual, emotional, and physical abuse to her.

He violated the Dothraki capital's no-weapons-allowed rule by carrying a sword and threaten Daenerys with it. He threatened to cut out Dany's child, right there in front of Drogo. Not taking action would have made the Khal look cowardly in fron of his khalasar, and Drogo was certainly not going to take it lying down.
    Guess I read it wrong but I got strong vibe he molested her. Never raped her because her virginity was something of value for him to sale. But the way he would touch her while he talked down to her. Got real sexual molestation vibe from Viserys

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Guess I read it wrong but I got strong vibe he molested her. Never raped her because her virginity was something of value for him to sale. But the way he would touch her while he talked down to her. Got real sexual molestation vibe from Viserys
    I'm pretty sure that the books stated that he would twist her nips hard enough to make her cry, and of course he said that he'd let Khal Drogo's entire army and their horses rape her if it meant getting his thrown back. And he threatened her and her unborn child as well.

So again her letting him die is played much more as "he got what he deserved" than anything else.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    This is a REALLY good objective look at Dani's character arc

Yeah I posted that awhile back. And comparing her "fall" to other better written "tragic ends" was a particularly nice touch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Spoiler: IF you get the books, it'll be roughly the same thing only you'll get better details for why things are happening and it will be more cohesive and make better sense.

-You'll likely get more internal monologues showing Dany's darker side.
    -Euron will probably kill a dragon with his horn.
    -Jon becoming King of the North will likely be a result of Robb's will
    -Cersei's ascent to the thrown will also have side effects showing how people hate her and distrust her for destroying the Sparrows and Tyrells.

Things like that.
    Which would help tremendously, because at least there would be proper buildup to it and groundwork laid. That's the problem many have with the show, less the IDEA of it and more the EXECUUTION of it.

Which would make more sense than how the show did it. Also Book Euron already feels like more of a believable threat than show Euron in-general.

Which would be more than what the show gave us, which is her suffering no consequences whatsoever and apparently no one caring.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-19-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The wight hunt needed to happen in order to lose a dragon to the walkers. And the dragon was necessary to bring down the wall.
    It sacrifised logic for moving the plot, which was the biggest problem of GoT post season 4 and it was the main trait of season 7 and 8. Characters did things to move the plot, forgot things just to complicate situations etc. The writing was bad in season 5 and on, but damn, in season 7 and on, they are like falling from a plane without a parachute.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well, it's pretty obvious that the only reason that whole deal with Danny and KL happened is to give Jon a legit reason to switch his allegiance and claim the throne.

Or then maybe i'm all wrong and Bran is going to follow the golden path and start a thousand years space empire, him being the kwisatz haderach and all.
    I'm not sure Jon will end up claiming the throne in the end. But given who Jon really is, I think from day one him and Dany were on a collision course. We just didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Which would help tremendously, because at least there would be proper buildup to it and groundwork laid. That's the problem many have with the show, less the IDEA of it and more the EXECUUTION of it.

Which would make more sense than how the show did it. Also Book Euron already feels like more of a believable threat than show Euron in-general.

Which would be more than what the show gave us, which is her suffering no consequences whatsoever and apparently no one caring.
    Internal monologue from books is often replaced by facial expression and body language in tv and movies. We don't hear her internal struggle and know exactly her thoughts. That has to be portrayed with the expression on her face. The acting has to tell the story of a woman meeting her breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure Jon will end up claiming the throne in the end
    Oh indeed, maybe we're in for a surprise.

I don't think so though, Arya has been quite shocked by what happened, as was Tyrion. They both know who Jon is the son of so odds are that they are going to do everything they can to place our Johnny boy on the throne

But Jon of course was also very shocked, now he knows that "his queen" is unfit for the job.

And really, what else is possible ? Danny executing everyone who annoys her and finally being dat queen of dat 7 kingdoms? That would be a ballsy end, i'd say that, but i don't see that happening.

Cercei making a come back? (i ain't dead, motherfuckas!!!!!!!!!)

BANNED

The problem with Jon is that his main role in the overarching story is to be the guy that unites all the squabbling factions against the common threat of the White Walkers, because he's the one guy that everyone else more or less trusts and respects. But since that whole plot has been resolved already, they have to kind of awkwardly shoehorn him into this conflict with Dany which doesn't make him look heroic at all since his choices are to either just be subservient to her, or to be a puppet of her enemies. Maybe they'll have him renounce the throne and break up Westeros back into the seven constituent kingdoms, but that's hardly a good ending either since we've seen plenty of examples of how political fragmentation can lead to endless rounds of needless conflict.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I think the throne should be destroyed and create a new throne as a symbol or go back to seven kingdoms and be done with the united realm.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius