Page 445 of 555 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I can see why they had to kill 2 dragons before she got here.

Cause if she had all 3? ****. This episode ends 10 minutes in.

I'm feeling pretty betrayed right now.

Pretty much the only thing that didn't kind of churn my stomach was Sandor Clegane laying the truth smackdown on Arya. That was the one crystal clear moment of truth in the entire episode.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Pretty much,Bran's storyline was the first sign, because he basically caugth up with his plotline in the books and didn't know where to get from there.
    Yeah they basically skipped him for a season. This was back when there was still hope Winds might come out in time for them to milk a few seasons from it.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    The writing on this was sinister. I'm sorry. To just completely toss away literal YEARS of character development for Jaimie. What was the point? Now Tyrion another bad decision he gave up Varys who was absolutely right. He freed Jaimie to "save innocents" and them hoes fried anyway. Now Dany will want his ass roasted for letting Jaimie go.

Cersei got off way too easy. And Euron's death should have gone to Greyworm or even let Jon get a 1v1.

Dany was completely ruined as a character too but at least hers made sense with all she had lost after a lifetime of scraping and clawing to get the iron Throne. This is what she wanted to do from the time she got here but she stopped to screw her nephew, and kept getting talked off the ledge till she lost 2 kids and her bestie.
    I don't think Jamies character development was necessarily tossed away. Cersi was still his sister, and the mother of his unborn child. I don't think he can be faulted for at least TRYING to save her.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I don't mind her going down this path, I mind that they did it this way, and that her moment of madness wasn't ultimately earned.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Dani and grey worm after the victory speech

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Jamies character development was necessarily tossed away. Cersi was still his sister, and the mother of his unborn child. I don't think he can be faulted for at least TRYING to save her.
    I think that's fair, I just wish he had to make some more difficult decisions. Like her being more resistant or having to abandon someone he allied with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I can see why they had to kill 2 dragons before she got here.

Cause if she had all 3? ****. This episode ends 10 minutes in.
    Aegon with 3 Dragons basically got the Lannisters and all the Westerlands to concede their crown, the Gardner line to go extinct which gave way to the rise of House Tyrell in the reach, and the Stark's basically said "**** this" and gave up their crown to avoid messing with it. And that was the only time ever where Aegon unleashed all 3 Dragons. They won the Riverlands and Stormlands with exactly one Dragon. And the Vale with just a dragon being present.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I guess we got the “bad ending” this time, to put it in video game nomenclature.

How truly heartbreaking.
    We got the "kinda" bad ending. The bad bad ending would have been Cersi winning, or perhaps Euron. Dany is the lesser of evils... though not by much at this point. Because yeah... she went off the rails.

We can still get a "kinda" good ending if Jon somehow ends up on the Throne at the end of the last episode.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think that's fair, I just wish he had to make some more difficult decisions. Like her being more resistant or having to abandon someone he allied with.
    This is probably what I am feeling about it. The Euron scene they coulda kept that ****. And gave the time somehow to Jaimie at least having to make a hard choice. Give him time to convince Cersei to run away, while she is defiant. SOMETHING

I just feel like his arc went flat. Completely dead literally

I don't mind her going down this path, I mind that they did it this way, and that her moment of madness wasn't ultimately earned.
    Exactly, to top it off the way Cersei died was so underwhelming. I know I'm in the minority but cleganbowl was kinda alright lol

Extraordinary Member

I'm going to disagree with that because this is kind of right up Dany's alley. This is exactly what she was doing in Essos. We just didn't care because it was a bunch of slave masters and ******* Dothraki Khals that she was burning. Now it's characters we are attached to. She literally decided to conquer a few cities just to prove she could do it as a trial run and Mereen went to hell for it. She watched her brother get burned by a bunch of savages and was cool with it. And the books make it a point to show that while Viserys was a dick, it was mostly because he was burdened with the loss of the Targ empire more than anyone. There's also a reason why that witch in season 1 didn't want Dany's child born to be the Stallion who Mounts the World.

This was teased with the Tarly's in season 7 and Tyrion trying to talk her down multiple times. This was in the cards for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We got the "kinda" bad ending. The bad bad ending would have been Cersi winning, or perhaps Euron. Dany is the lesser of evils... though not by much at this point. Because yeah... she went off the rails.

We can still get a "kinda" good ending if Jon somehow ends up on the Throne at the end of the last episode.
    She went off the rails cause her advisers was dumb.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Aegon with 3 Dragons basically got the Lannisters and all the Westerlands to concede their crown, the Gardner line to go extinct which gave way to the rise of House Tyrell in the reach, and the Stark's basically said "**** this" and gave up their crown to avoid messing with it. And that was the only time ever where Aegon unleashed all 3 Dragons. They won the Riverlands and Stormlands with exactly one Dragon. And the Vale with just a dragon being present.
    Sure we've heard about what they could do but never really seen it. Not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I'm going to disagree with that because this is kind of right up Dany's alley. This is exactly what she was doing in Essos. We just didn't care because it was a bunch of slave masters and ******* Dothraki Khals that she was burning. Now it's characters we are attached to.
    Wait, what characters we were attached to exactly? lol