Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
Dany is dead, so there's no value in fighting for her anymore.

And if they really want independence, then its probably easier to ask for it over going to war over it. A war over Jon Sbow for thrm simply wouldn't be worth it.

Really the only wons at this point willing to go to war are the north. For everyone else, its pointless.
It was a hypothetical based on the assumption that Greyworm insists on Jon's death. I am not arguing that it is likely. I am discussing a hypothetical based off of Knight's post.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
The Unsullied and Dothraki had the city, Dorne and the Iron Islands declared for Dany. Jon needed to be punishished. Nobody wanted a war but if Jon was set free they would have got one and then Dorne and the Ironborn probably support the cause. The easiest thing was to send Jon to the wall. And justice for the Queen was all they really cared about.

Tyrion and Bran both knew that wasn’t a punishment for Jon. Jon willingly went to the Wall when he didn’t need to once and he was sick of fighting and his happiest days were up North. Giving Jon what would make him happiest anyways was a small price to pay for peacefully resolving the conflict and getting the invaders to leave and put Westeros back together.

Also Greyworms’s position of strength was he had Jon Snow and could kill him whenever. He knew it would start a war so he basically said “sort your **** out and figure out how we punish him so we can all move on”.
It is pointless to argue over how likely it is as this is pure speculation. I am saying assuming war breaks out, how do we think it plays out? It is fine if you don't want to engage in this hypothetical but arguing about whether it is likely or not is pointless as no one said it was.

So IF war broke out over Jon, what would happen? The North is claiming independence so siding with them is siding with an independent Kingdom. Yarra wanted independence and wants Jon punished so what are the Iron Islands going to do? Dorne was the one Kingdom that had the most autonomy and still allowed their leaders to be called Prince (not Lord) so where do their loyalties lie? Gendry obviously loves Arya but she rejected him and Dany gave him his title so what would he do? And so on and so forth.