Page 544 of 555 FirstFirst ... 44444494534540541542543544545546547548554 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is like one of those Jon vs the Night King complaints. It’s complete fan service and realistically, Jon should lose decisively. Greyworn is the best fighter in one of the most renowned armies in the world.
    Jon v NK was hardly fan service. It was set up and teased for seasons.

GW v Jon definitely is and has no point really. I don't even see Jon fighting back. He'd probably just accept his fate out of guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I dont recall seeing a Unsullied do anything that impressive in single combat. I'm sure they did but havent rewatched old season. Usally it's more of a unit thing though. Jon had some feats atleast. Also Jon was trained by Ned Stark who was holding his own against Jamie before losing his hand. I feel like Jon has an impressive pedigree aswell. Not saying I disagree with you but I dont think it's that cut and dry.
    GW vs the harpies (same harpies that killed Barristan) and GW at Casterly Rock spring to mind.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    LOL....not to mention she was able to slaughter all of Walder Frey's sons all by herself with little effort which should have been impossible but she did it all by herself
    Who said it was effortless?

She wore the face of a serving girl which gave her access to the house. Nobody pays them any mind, unless they're looking for sex, so that part is pretty easy. Killing a few men who either don't pay attention to her or are trying to take her to bed? I don't see why this would cause her that much trouble, but I would hardly say it took 'little effort.' Considering she's quick and quiet with a blade in a house that is fat and comfortable, with no enemies to worry about let alone someone sneaking through the house at night?

Hardly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

GW v Jon definitely is and has no point really. I don't even see Jon fighting back. He'd probably just accept his fate out of guilt.

GW vs the harpies (same harpies that killed Barristan) and GW at Casterly Rock spring to mind.
    Yeah he was named commander by his fellow Unsullied suggesting he is the best they have to offer. He also fought off dozens of enemies when in Yunkai with Jorah and Daario and was uninjured in the process.

Although not even sure Greyworm survives that long in the end. While he sails to Naath to presumably help defend Missandei's home against Slavers, he may end up dying from the butterfly disease supposedly kills all foreigners that stay too long in Naath. So begs the question did he go there to help defend them or did he go there as it would be a fitting place for him to die.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

And that puts him miles ahead of what Jon has been able to do? I'm not saying Greyworm isnt capable but the show has set up Jon as the Leader who leads the charge. Hes capable too.

And that puts him miles ahead of what Jon has been able to do? I'm not saying Greyworm isnt capable but the show has set up Jon as the Leader who leads the charge. Hes capable too.
    Yeah, I'll wager if they do fight it will be a reasonable even match. No fighter in this show, including Jon and Grey Worm, have really shown themselves to be particularly uber.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Mamoa was always going to have successful action star career to break into. He’s got charisma in spades and has a unique look. Nobody else from GOT is capable of mimicking that. Also the market for it is huge.

Waldu’s already gotten some work. He was in Mama and The Other Woman which were decently main stream films during the shows run. So he definitely has some level of credibility for regular releases. Not to mention he was in Black Hawk Down.

Kit and Emelia will be interesting. I could see Emilia having a Jennifer Aniston type career where she was on a popular show so they’ll try to put her in everything and make her a lead. She’ll get opportunities, she just needs to pick the right roles. Kit, he’s going to have a harder time. He can’t default to action and can’t see him working well in comedy so he’s going to have to flex as a dramatic actor.

Dinklage will get nearly every little person role from now until the end of time and he already had some great work before the show. He’s set.

Headey’s arguably the best actress on the show and she got work before. She’ll be fine.

Obviously Turner will do well. She’s young, she has conventional Hollywood looks while still being unique looking, she’ll get roles.

Williams will be something interesting. Could see her get some niche stuff, but Arya might be the best she has.
    If we're thinking about "young actors who weren't well known" beforehand, rather than relatively veteran actors like Dinklage and Headey (or for that matter other superb veteran actors in the supporting roles who will have got a huge boost from the series), then I don't think Richard Madden and Alfie Allen should be ignored.

Alfie Allen is possibly the most talented from the actors featured from that generation, in my totally subjective opinion based solely on GoT, and Madden is also gifted (and I guess marketable), especially with his UK TV role in Bodyguard and his recent supporting turn in Rocketman, as well as his previous work in the extremely average live action Cinderella.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 05-28-2019 at 04:21 PM.

To be fair to Dinklage hes gets roles that werent even meant for little people. But I feel like hes a higher caliber actor then most his costars and regularly acted circles around alot of them. And that's not a knock on any of them
    I'm not sure I agree tbh, given that he was often acting opposite people like Charles Dance and Conleth Hill.

OK, he was better than, say, Emilia Clarke, but Tyrion's character became progressively less interesting from the death of Tywin - not Dinklage's fault, but it hampered some of his opportunities; there were too many "slightly misfiring supposedly amusing Tyrion chit-chat scenes with random characters" scenes in the last couple of seasons.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 05-28-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I'll wager if they do fight it will be a reasonable even match. No fighter in this show, including Jon and Grey Worm, have really shown themselves to be particularly uber.
    Yes... and although it's been said that the Unsullied are the best soldiers, they are specifically the best because of their superb discipline as infantry, fighting as a unit, not specifically as duellists. Although - completely reasonably - the fighters in GoT are generally as good as the plot wants them to be anyway

I'm just glad it's over. The show, I mean. Seems a large number of folks are still obsessed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah he was named commander by his fellow Unsullied suggesting he is the best they have to offer. He also fought off dozens of enemies when in Yunkai with Jorah and Daario and was uninjured in the process.

Although not even sure Greyworm survives that long in the end. While he sails to Naath to presumably help defend Missandei's home against Slavers, he may end up dying from the butterfly disease supposedly kills all foreigners that stay too long in Naath. So begs the question did he go there to help defend them or did he go there as it would be a fitting place for him to die.
    Missandei didn't mention the butterflies being dangerous when Davos brought them up nor when Grey Worm offered to take her home so I'm guessing that's only in the books.

Better fight might have been Arya vs. Grey Worm.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm just glad it's over. The show, I mean. Seems a large number of folks are still obsessed with it.
    Kit Harrington put himself in rehab over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Some to the point where they believe Drogon took Dany to be revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Some to the point where they believe Drogon took Dany to be revived.
    It's as good a explainasin as any I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It's as good a explainasin as any I guess.
    I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Dany could be revived, given several other characters have returned to life.

That said, it really makes you wonder how smart those dragons are if that's the case. I suppose melting down the thrown is a potential indicator that they have human level intelligence. That's making an awefully strong symbolic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Missandei didn't mention the butterflies being dangerous when Davos brought them up nor when Grey Worm offered to take her home so I'm guessing that's only in the books.

Better fight might have been Arya vs. Grey Worm.
    Though Arya can fight, she wouldn't even fight Grey Worm head on. She's more an assasin than a straight up fighter. She'd have his throught slit before he knew what hit him.

Jon vs Grey Worm would be the big epic money fight, if GoT decided to have one.