Page 502 of 555 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The main character went nutso, burned a whole city down, and had to be put down by her lover/nephew/other main character with a dagger ot the gut, who was then exiled because of it.

i mean, thats somewhat bitter lol

There was A LOT of fanservice though. Like Bronn master of coin... that dude stopped being useful a long time ago.
    In a way though I can sort of see the logic of granting people who are lords of important areas a seat at the table. If the Lord of High Garden is on Brans cabinet hes far less likely to leave or betray them. Not that I think Bronn would necessariy even bother given he seems buddies with everyone but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I’m actually going to agree with you on this one. The only bitter part was Dany dying imo. All the Stark’s made out amazing. Every last antagonist is dead right now.

It’s funny before this episode a lot of people, myself included, thought it would be a pure tragedy and couldn’t see how a bittersweet anything could come out of it. But once Dany died it basically rewarded every character
    Granted it was mostly a happy enough ending.

But Jon did kill the woman he loved. The Starks are all separating, even if they all seem good with the destiantions they are heading towards. So we don't exactly get the Disney ending either. But given the ride we've been on, I think leaning towards the sweet side was definately the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Also y'all are probably giving too much credit to D&D about the Naath thing. They probably don't even remember the butterflies lol.
    I do think in the back of their minds, they are setting up potential stories for these characters IF they get a chance to revisit them. And that includes Grey Worm and the Unsullied.

They did slaughter the people of Kings Landing, so you can argue some degree of karma should be coming their way. If we get more GoT down the line I can definately see an angry Grey Worm in the future. A tragic outcome from the Naath thing can be a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I guess what I'm saying it wasn't really bittersweet from an audience POV. In universe I guess it's more accurate...
    A large percentage of the audience probably did want Jon to get the throne and the girl. Jon got neither. So bitter sweet sort of works there too.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bran was the big bad in disguise all along and the NK was the misunderstood hero who tried to save the world from his rule.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

But seriously Drogon received best character development in this finale—exercising judgement when experiencing blinding anger and grief, destroying the symbol of power and the very source of evil, and choosing to mourn in solitude, now brotherless and motherless. Although my head cannon says he takes her corpse to a red priest
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-20-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post

But seriously Drogon received best character development in this finale—exercising judgement when experiencing blinding anger and grief, destroying the symbol of power and the very source of evil, and choosing to mourn in solitude, now brotherless and motherless. Although my head cannon says he takes her corpse to a red priest
    I sometimes wonder how smart the dragons are supposed to be. Because yeah... melting the throne was a heck of a gesture symbollically.

And Drogon definately showed better coping grief coping mechanisms than Dany or Grey Worm. The advice to Dany was "be a Dragon..." that advise turned out to be true. Dany should have been more like Drogon.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The two richest realms were the Reach and Casterly Rock. Casterly Rock ran out of gold. Bronn is the Lord of Hightower. That effectively makes him Lord Paramount of the Reach. He runs the richest region and has access to the most money
    I understand that. What I don’t understand is why he is in charge of such a large sum of money when he doesn’t understand loans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think Martin necessarily feels beholded to the show. But I'll wager the show flat out ASKED him how he planned to end it in his mind so at least the broader sweeps were what Martin would want and intended. How they got there might be different, but the destination I think is designed to be the same at least for the major characters like Jon and Dany.
    If I were Martin thinking about selling a who,e lot of books, I wouldn’t have told them anything.

And given that authors CONSTANTLY do rewrites and Martin has said he’s no exception, he could well change directions even if he had.

There is so much that is different even between the books and the end of season 5, that I’d be amazed if there more than a passing resemblance.

As for this episode, so much made no sense. Grey Worm is no diplomat, do why keep Jon alive? He’d just kill him and take the Unsullied and Dothrski straight to war.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I understand that. What I don’t understand is why he is in charge of such a large sum of money when he doesn’t understand loans.
    Yeah, at this point the real ruler of Westeros is the Iron Bank.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bran was the big bad in disguise all along and the NK was the misunderstood hero who tried to save the world from his rule.
    They should have wheeled him into the small council meeting while he was stroking a white Persian cat.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    They should have wheeled him into the small council meeting while he was stroking a white Persian cat.
    Why do you think he was so focused on Drogon? His white Persian cat flew away.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post

My head canon is that he takes her to Valyria. Lays her down in the Doom where her ancestors once thrived. Lays three dragon eggs and placed them next to her. Then cremates her and out of the ashes are his children

If I were Martin thinking about selling a who,e lot of books, I wouldn’t have told them anything.
    I'd imagine it was in the initial contract that he had too.

Plus, he probably got paid a whole lot of money ot tell them, muc more than he'd get from finishing his books with .00000000001% the effort.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

And given that authors CONSTANTLY do rewrites and Martin has said he’s no exception, he could well change directions even if he had.

There is so much that is different even between the books and the end of season 5, that I’d be amazed if there more than a passing resemblance.

As for this episode, so much made no sense. Grey Worm is no diplomat, do why keep Jon alive? He’d just kill him and take the Unsullied and Dothrski straight to war.

I wouldn’t bet on it.

There’s differences sure but it’s not as huge as it’s made out to be.

Jon’s dead. He died in the show. No reason he can’t have the same plotline. Dany is with Drogon being captured by Dothraki. That happened as well. Arya is training with faceless men, Bran is with the Three Eye’s Crow. Same as the show. Slight differences, sake concept. Tyrion met Dany a little earlier in the show but in the books he’s stuck in Mereen with a missing Dany whole the city is revolting. Sansa isn’t married to Ramsay. She’s still in the Vale. Again o reason she can’t rally the Vale to support Jon going up against Ramsay and have the same storyline going forward. Cersei did her walk of shame. Samwell is traveling to Oldtown.

For major characters Brienne and Jamie are the most off course