Page 5 of 555 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Damn that battle between Jon and his men against the deserters was real cool. I literally cheered (all by myself) when Ghost tore Rast up, and when Hodor smashed. Glad Ghost is back with Jon, I love the visual of the two of them together.

Poor Sansa though...

They've had a rape or attempted rape three episodes in a row now.

Interesting how Lyssa turned out to be the real murderer of her husband that set the whole series off. And how she started out so welcoming to Sansa and then her true bats@#t crazy true nature came out.

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post

Interesting how Lyssa turned out to be the real murderer of her husband that set the whole series off. And how she started out so welcoming to Sansa and then her true bats@#t crazy true nature came out.

One thing's for sure......Littlefinger will go to any lengths to get ahead, and that includes hooking up with an unattractive cuckoo bird like Lyssa. And, judging by Lyssa's screams, Littlefinger may be as skilled as Podrick in the fornication department.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    What's taking these White Walkers such a long time to get to the Wall?
    forget them, they got babies to collect. what's taking Mance so long? taking the scenic route?

what are the other wildings south of the wall doing? taking a vacation?

anyways, this whole defecters rapetastic story excursion, with bolton's man, and bran and jon once again passing each other like two ships at night was weak imo.

Having read the books, I get the feeling that NEXT season is going going to have to go off book script a lot farther or it's going to be a pretty dull one. The rest of this season should have a few very nice peaks, though.
    I know there was something else here before, but I forgot what it was. Must not have been important.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Having read the books, I get the feeling that NEXT season is going going to have to go off book script a lot farther or it's going to be a pretty dull one. The rest of this season should have a few very nice peaks, though.
    I've read the book as well but its been awhile and I think the went off book cause isn't this suppose to have happened..

spoilers:
    The hound should be dead by now
    end of spoilers

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Is the stuff with the deserter night's watch members in the books?

I haven't seen the last episode, so apologies if I say anything that has been contradicted by the episode itself.

I'm a big admirer of the books and, on the whole, like the TV series, despite its flaws and endless, practically self-parodic, brothel scenes. Apart from anything else, any scene with Charles Dance is solid gold.

Without wishing to sound too much like a purist, one of my biggest concern with the series is - oddly enough - an area where they've received great plaudits: Tyrion.

I think it should have been key that - to any external observer - it might not seem surprising that he'd be suspected, even by quite reasonable people, of the death of Joffrey. This is because he's a far more angry, and occasionally spiteful - albeit not to the extent of many of his relatives.

In contrast, in the show, he's a perfect, self-sacrificing Paladin, and is consequently far less interesting - or at least has been for the last couple of series. I'm finding his unrelenting virtue a little hard to take at the moment, to tell you the truth Perhaps it's inevitable in a TV adaptation, but I think this sacrifice of ambiguity (which can also to a lesser degree be found in Stannis' adaptation so far where he's become a simple fanatic) to be at the heart of my issues with the series. It's still very good - just not as great as it could be.

Always fantastic to see Burn Gorman, though.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 05-05-2014 at 12:49 PM.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    Realistically,next season will be a mix of Feast for Crows and Dance With Dragons,with elements of the coming book,Winds of Winter.A whole season based on book 4 would be quite difficult for good ratings,as many of fan favorites are absent in this book.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Fantastic Member

Man, I knew Lord Bailish was a sneaky guy, but I never expected he was beyond The Veil Lady's husband death. And when it came to who had killed the king, I totally forgot about him. This guy is like the king of planning. He puts everyone else to shame beside Tyrion when it comes to manipulation. In fact, he is like Tyrion but more ruthless and with something to prove to himself more than anyone else.

Tomen as king is already growing on me. I want more scenes with this kid. I never thought Cersi was going to be for Margaret and Tomen. I was shocked. Incidentally, I guess Jaimie kind raping her was a non-issue to her I suspected it wouldn't be given all the context behind why it happened, their relationship, and a few other things. But I was thinking we'd get to see Cersi a little vulnerable in something not related to her children. Oh well.. Great episode. Even the stuff with Bran was good!

For Daenerys, it will be interesting to see what she employs besides overwhelming force in ruling. I mean, she could pretty much steam roll the places she already liberated with the Unsullie and Dragons....

PS: I probably butchered the spelling for most name. lol

Fantastic Member

One other thing, my heart lept out of its chest when Iza was squeezing Sansa wrist. I have really come to like Sansa. I really hope she doesn't die. Really, at this point, I can't see who would be killed off beside Bran and maybe Hound. Everyone else feels so vital with so much more to contribute to what is going on. Hell, even Cleon seems like there is much more to explore.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    I've read the book as well but its been awhile and I think the went off book cause isn't this suppose to have happened..

spoilers:
    The hound should be dead by now
    end of spoilers
    Except spoilers:
    The Hound isn't dead if you can read between the lines in the books. It's been implied that he's very much alive. Who else is going to kill FrankenMountain? Guaranteed the Hound still has a role to play in this series.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    One other thing, my heart lept out of its chest when Iza was squeezing Sansa wrist. I have really come to like Sansa. I really hope she doesn't die. Really, at this point, I can't see who would be killed off beside Bran and maybe Hound. Everyone else feels so vital with so much more to contribute to what is going on. Hell, even Cleon seems like there is much more to explore.
    Sansa will be fine unless she tries to escape or do something really stupid. Baelish isn't letting her out of his sight, and the Eyrie is impregnable by force.

Although I suppose it's possibly Lysa or Robin will do something, but I'm pretty certain Baelish will have eyes on her to keep her safe.

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    MTE. :/ The whole victim-kills-her-abuser was a small peace offering to their complete & total use of rape-as-bad-guy-characterization trope this season so far. Dunno if I can keep with the show really when this is their go-to. Laura Hudson of Wired expresses my thoughts on the matter pretty eloquently.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygnome View Post
    MTE. :/ The whole victim-kills-her-abuser was a small peace offering to their complete & total use of rape-as-bad-guy-characterization trope this season so far. Dunno if I can keep with the show really when this is their go-to. Laura Hudson of Wired expresses my thoughts on the matter pretty eloquently.
    I quite like AV Club's review as well. It seems that Cersei's talk with Oberyn ("little girls are hurt everywhere") provides some indication that the writers perhaps realize that the female characters are getting a ridiculously disproportionate amount of pain and abuse, and that this episode focuses almost exclusively on its female cast (Bran being the exception). And, for all of the Hound's boasting, Arya did manage to get him in the gut by surprise. Still, yes, there's yet another rape-as-plot-point at the end, and in the non-female centric story at that.

Speaking of Bran, having never read the books, I wonder if Hodor will hold a grudge against Bran now. Who knew that one word could encapsulate the phrase, "Oh God, what have I done?!"