Page 493 of 555 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Well, i'm glad for Bran and it wasn't too painful to watch.

Considering the overall quality of this last season, i guess it could have been worse.

Now, mister Martin, we are just waiting for you.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

What a shitty ending. College kid writing.

I guess HBO could easily pick back up with all these characters down the road.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-19-2019 at 09:48 PM.

ugh, I just want to wash this taste out of my mouth.

The show didn't even make any damn sense after Danny was killed. Her armies just let Jon go without any consequences......made no sense. Also everyone being okay with Bran was weird. And than Sansa pulling a greedy power grab at the end. OMG.

Thankgoodness for Lord of the Rings so I can actually watch high fantasy done right. I should have trusted my insteincts in season 1 where I was bored out of my mind.....but no the word kept telling me to watch this show and that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread
    The J-man

Talk about going out with a whimper.

Always liked Bran so i'm glad that for once it gets to do something, you know? Other than rolling his eyes and doing weird things to animals.

But i ain't going to lie, i really, really can see why people are upset about that.

And yeah, we know Sansa, you're a very special snowflake, alright. Good thing for you it's your brother on the throne.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    ugh, I just want to wash this taste out of my mouth.

The show didn't even make any damn sense after Danny was killed. Her armies just let Jon go without any consequences......made no sense. Also everyone being okay with Bran was weird. And than Sansa pulling a greedy power grab at the end. OMG.

Thankgoodness for Lord of the Rings so I can actually watch high fantasy done right. I should have trusted my insteincts in season 1 where I was bored out of my mind.....but no the word kept telling me to watch this show and that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread
    -Dany's armies wanted to kill Jon. The North was not going to allow Jon to be killed. The Northern army was already down in King's Landing. The Night's Watch is basically considered exile and is a punishment for most people in Westeros. If Jon was let free, the Unsullied and Dothraki would rebel, if Jon was killed the North would have started a war. The compromise was Jon's exile. The thing is, most people didn't know that Jon was totally happy being in the NW so it worked out for him anyways.

-Bran is Edmure's nephew, Sansa's brother, Robin's cousin, Tyrion's choice, Gendry has close ties with the family. Really only Yara and the Dornish prince could have had a reason to object. And that's before you get into the fact that Bran is omniscient and effectively knows absolutely everything and it's a fact that is accepted by most people there. He has ties to all the most powerful houses, he's the wisest person that will ever be, and he's incapable of having descendents who might want to press a claim. If they were going to agree on anybody it would be him. I guess Gendry could push a claim but he would get less support than Edmure.

-Also Sansa was right. The North was never going to bow to the South again. They didn't want to with Dany and they basically got screwed for it, she went batshit and their former king got arrested for stopping her. Also who is going to reject her? Edmure, no? The Vale were fine supporting an independent North with Jon as king a few episodes ago. Dorne coudn't give a **** about the North. Bronn won't care. Gendry is to whipped on Arya. Tyrion's not going to fight it. And again, historically the North has always been the most independent kingdom. It took dragons to get them to unite with the South, then it took Ned and Robert's friendship. When those stopped existing, they rebelled.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-20-2019 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Snark removed

Arya keeps sailing west till she reaches land, she sees people that go "Welcome to Essos!" and Arya is like "... motherf--"

ENDING THEME PLAYS
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The over the top score at the end was too much. I guess it was trying to make the ending feel monumental, when it really was anything but. It was just a collection of scenes with no real connection to anything, playing out some plot points real quick.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-19-2019 at 10:26 PM.

BANNED

This is definitely GRRM's ending. So if you don't like how everyone ends up, that's who you should blame.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That was so, so bad. So bad.

I was down with the first part. I wasn't on board with Dany doing what she did last episode (the way they did it anyway), but I accepted that it happened and wanted to see the fallout. Tyrion, Jon and Davos going through the city was cool. Tyrion finding their bodies was alright too. Poor guy. We felt the consequence and gravity of the situation once again. But little did I know that the consequences for the most brutal act we've seen on the show would be resolved in a matter of about 20 minutes. Jon is very quick to kill Daenerys and does so in a sneaky way. We don't get any real explanation from Daenerys. No satisfying conversation to understand why she did it, what she was feeling, what her logic was. Her reasons don't make sense, she just says "but Cersei" and Jon just moves onto asking about Tyrion and we never speak of it again. She's totally unflinching and almost delusional but out of nowhere. She shows she still has confidence in him and when she's actually seeming somewhat willing to engage he stabs her. Very unJon like IMO.

And then...there's no backlash at all?? Jon is just arrested but all else is put on pause while the entire remaining cast is assembled, whether they have any kind of title or not?

Drogon burns the throne conveniently. How are they gonna deal with him now? Who knows, who cares?
    The Dothraki don't rebel and start pillaging? What will they do with them now? Who knows, who cares?

Bran has the skills but not the leadership to be king. The were going for some kind of twist, and I'm not against a council of sorts voting, but they got rid of too much of his freaking personality to make it believable. That zoom-out while they're debating on the small council felt like a fucking comedy outro! You can put doofy music over it.

"Who has a better story than Bran the Broken?" Literally every other character. And call him something else ffs.

I have a big issue with Jon, Arya, and Sansa ending up alone and more or less where they started at the beginning of their journeys. They worked so hard to return to a sense of home and get their relationships back but then its dismantled. Jon is part of the Night's Watch which exists because...why?? He's going to live with the free folk then? Why aren't they settling in lands more suited to surviving the Winter like they've been dying to do for centuries? Arya going West of Westeros is cool, but is it that different to her being no one and serving the many-faced god? She tried her best to be no one and in the end she chose to reaffirm her identity. And after a short visit and a regaining of the North's independence, she's going to leave again. And Sansa is alone, without her family. I don't mind her being Queen, but for the 3 of them, it feels very unsatisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You can't compare Season 1 to this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    This is definitely GRRM's ending. So if you don't like how everyone ends up, that's who you should blame.
    It 100% is. Like anybody who has ever read the books can completely see this being the ending. The books start with Bran and finish with him being a god/king. Jon who found meaning for life amongst the Wildlings and started seeing a new way to think about the world gets to live free among them. The North who always had an independent streak finally is independent under a Stark. Tyrion, Davos, Brienne, etc forming a council to rule? Yup. The exiled Princess trope being about a conquerer who was actually authoritarian and believed her hype a bit too much?

Oh and then all the subtle LOTR nods which Martin always said he was emulating. The book that Sam wrote. Jon finishing his life away from the realm (actually to be honest Arya leaving on a boat as well).

Even the most critical book readers have been saying "yeah this is very GRRM".

How you get somewhere is everything in story-telling. The end itself is just the end.

Well, we will see about that. In 30 years or so. ^^

I don't mind the destination to be the same but damn, i really hope for the journey to be told in the books in a way, way better fashion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    How you get somewhere is everything in story-telling. The end itself is just the end.
    Fair point. However, the books were already way better than the show before they even started passing the books. For instance the War of the Five Kings was dumbed significantly. Qarth was terrible in the show and was actually fantastic in the books and did a lot of forshadowing. The books also simultaneously give you a greater understanding of the history of the world so you understand why certain things are the way they are and why certain behaviors are believable.