Page 492 of 555 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Everybody laughed at Sam's suggestion of democracy, but then they all took one giant leap towards it by switching from a hereditary monarchy to an elective one. I'll bet Littlefinger and Varys will regret missing out on all the intrigue THAT will entail.
    I wouldn’t call it a great leap since they are still not letting the people decide, just the elite.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I don't think many people will hold it against him. Remember, Jaime killed Aerys before he actually burned King's Landing and murdered tens of thousands of people. Dany's only real supporters after that were the Unsullied, the Dothraki, and Yara the Pirate Queen. The Unsullied conveniently headed home, and... took the Dothraki with them? The Unsullied were super loyal to Daenerys, but they are disciplined. The Dothraki would have gone berserk and done everything possible to kill Jon. Which is especially threatening since apparently Dothraki re-spawn when they're killed. Didn't we see about 150% of them die over the course of this series?
    Show!Westeros is able to respawn armies at will. Cersei had a seemingly endless supply of Lannister soldiers until last week's episode, whereas in the books, the Lannister forces are pretty decimated after years of fighting the North, the Riverlands, and Stannis that one time.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    In five year's time when HBO pushes for an Arya Stark spinoff series, I'm there.

But seriously, the one thing that confused me was Jon's ending. He was sent to re-establish the Night's Watch, but it seemed like he went to live with the Wildlings. Is that true? And if so, doesn't that violate the agreement? I mean if he's off with the Wildlings, he may not hold any lands or titles but he can certainly have a family. Who's going to check up on him to see if he's abiding by the rules?

As Tormund said, he has the true North in him, it would seem.
    How is Jon not anything other than pissed? He was brought back from the dead by a magical force for the sole purpose of ending up back at his old job. If I die and then get resurrected, only to be forced to go back to washing dishes, I'd riot. The Hound was right: the Lord of Light really is a C U Next Tuesday.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    In five year's time when HBO pushes for an Arya Star spinoff series, I'm there.

But seriously, the one thing that confused me was Jon's ending. He was sent to re-establish the Night's Watch, but it seemed like he went to live with the Wildlings. Is that true? And if so, doesn't that violate the agreement? I mean if he's off with the Wildlings, he may not hold any lands or titles but he can certainly have a family. Who's going to check up on him to see if he's abiding by the rules?

As Tormund said, he has the true North in him, it would seem.
    Being apparently the only member of the Night's Watch, and having nothing to guard against, and no intact Wall to guard it with... I think everyone knew what they were doing when they sent him north. As long as he shows his face at Castle Black every so often and sends a raven to Winterfell saying all's well, he's fulfilling his oath.

Also, as sole member and Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, the Gift is now pretty much his own personal fiefdom.

Aside from that he's got his life, he's got his wolf, he's got his big ginger drinkin' buddy, and he's got the simple life. He came out of this better than anyone except Bronn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    How is Jon not anything other than pissed? He was brought back from the dead by a magical force for the sole purpose of ending up back at his old job. If I die and then get resurrected, only to be forced to go back to washing dishes, I'd riot. The Hound was right: the Lord of Light really is a C U Next Tuesday.
    Jon saved the kingdom, twice. That’s what he was brought back for. And at the end he got to live and finally pat his dog. All in all he came out alright.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-19-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Not sure how I feel about this at all.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this at all.
    Same. There are certainly things that I liked but things I didn’t like.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Jon saved the kingdom, twice. That’s what he was brought back for. And at the end he got to live and finally pat his dog. All in all he came out alright.
    True. But Bronn came out better. I would watch an entire show dedicated to the Iron Bank having to deal with him as Master of Coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thing about Jon getting nothing for his deeds...its rather what he wanted. He didn't want any of the titles he was getting in the first place. Doing what he feels is right, succeeding and at the end of the day getting to go about his devices in peace, away from the Game, away from all the politics, sounds right up his alley. In fact as I said before, I'm surprised how non-depressing this was. I mean, there was Dany's fate, obviously the most bitter pill to swallow. But also really the only bitter pill to swallow.
    Yeah, I got a suprising sense of peace at the end of the show. And I wasn't necessarily expecting that. You do get this almost optimistic feeling for the first time that everyone is reasonably happy and everything is going to be okay.

And I'm darn sure Jon will be much happier up north with his dog than being king. So I think in the end all the Starks got what they wanted or needed out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t understand why Grey worm would’ve kept Jon alive after he killed Dany though. Jon shoulda been worm food long before word even left King’s Landing that the queen was dead.

Edit: and what happened to the Dothraki? They just kinda vanished after Dany’s Celebration march in the beginning.
    I think Grey Worm knows that killing Jon would mean a war with the North. Not that he necessarily feared it... but it's not going to do anyone any favors. To his credit, he showed a good deal of common sense and self control.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The Stark kids win the best Glow Up award in GOT by a land slide.

Jon is the unofficial king of the true north
    Sansa is the queen of the North but not exactly North
    Bran the Broken is king of 6 kingdoms
    Arya is a master Assassin turned explorer.

I'm happy for Jon and I'm glad Grey Worm survived. Other than that I thought this episode (much like this entire season) left a lot to be desired. It didn't really feel like the actual ending to this show.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The Stark kids win the best Glow Up award in GOT by a land slide.

Jon is the unofficial king of the true north
    Sansa is the queen of the North but not exactly North
    Bran the Broken is king of 6 kingdoms
    Arya is a master Assassin turned explorer.
    Then add in that the Stark kid's uncle leads the Riverlands, the Vale are fiercely loyal to the Starks in part because Robin Aryn is their cousin, Bronn in the reach serves Dran Stark directly, Tyrion is a fan of the Starks as well, Gendry of the Stormlands fought alongside the Starks and loves Arya.

Literally only Dorne and the Iron Islands that declared for Dany have any reason to dislike the Starks and it's mostly Jon Snow who they will never deal with. And honestly those are the two that are most distant from Westeros proper.

They are completely in the power position at the moment.

Mighty Member

So Jon is Azor Ahai after all.

I mean, dude even plunged his sword/knife (it wasn't Longclaw, but his dagger, I believe) into the heart of the woman he loved just like the original.

We just didn't have the context for the threat he was actually meant to save the world from before the last two episodes. The Night's King was a colossal red herring on that front.

Oh, and the answer for who wins the Game of Thrones is so clearly Sansa. Probably my favorite beat of the whole episode. Take that Six Kingdoms. Hell, if we include Sansa and Jon's probable fate as King Beyond the Wall, the Starks actually come out ruling EIGHT kingdoms. Not bad for bastards and broken things and girls.

But Arya's ending kind of makes no sense to me. I'll have to think on that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So Jon is Azor Ahai after all.

I mean, dude even plunged his sword/knife (it wasn't Longclaw, but his dagger, I believe) into the heart of the woman he loved just like the original.

We just didn't have the context for the threat he was actually meant to save the world from before the last two episodes. The Night's King was a colossal red herring on that front.

Oh, and the answer for who wins the Game of Thrones is so clearly Sansa. Probably my favorite beat of the whole episode. Take that Six Kingdoms. Hell, if we include Sansa and Jon's probable fate as King Beyond the Wall, the Starks actually come out ruling EIGHT kingdoms. Not bad for bastards and broken things and girls.

But Arya's ending kind of makes no sense to me. I'll have to think on that.
    Rheagar once said that his son had a Song called the Song of Ice and Fire. Jon was Azor Ahai but he had to save Westeros from two threats. The Ice (White Walkers) who he united most of the realm and prepared the final stand at Winterfell, and then Fire (Danearys Targaryan) who was his Nissa Nissa.