Page 381 of 555 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I predict The Mountain will instantly become a White Walker since he is technically already dead.
    So you think they arent separating this into first half vs nightking and 2nd half vs Cersie? Do you think they fake us out and Knightking attacks king landing first and skips Winterfell or do you think the 3 armys all collide at some point. Cause honestly I assumed the Nightkinf would be dealt with first and then focus would shift to Cersie. But since I think that its probaly not how its gonna play out

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I didn't see any signs of Dani wanting to hurt Jon let alone kill him. I think there was some denial,surprise,concern, and "what are we doing to do"
    After all, she's in love with him. She made love with him. Now she finds out he's her nephew.

It's amazing how people perceive things so differently.
    Well..it's really not amazing. After all, there is a great diversity that we human beings have in regards to ideologies,religions,politics,and everything else in life.

I read some article headline about Dani showing signs of being The Mad Queen.
    I was expecting to see Dani showing signs of it, but I haven't seen any of that.
    It was nice that she had a heart to heart talk about Sansa, trying to find common ground with her.

I think she's a good person but she can be very ruthless with her enemies and others that oppose her.
    That heart-to-heart with Sansa ended horribly when they returned to the subject of Northern independence. You see Dany look agitated and withdraw her hand from Sansa. In the following scene, she seems baffled that her subject/ally Theon requests Sansa's permission to help defend Winterfell. Perhaps she is even taken aback by the intimate bond Sansa and Theon share after she just endured Sansa's coldness. Dany is woefully unprepared to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She is an overpowered outsider who just expects everyone to love and obey her.

This far into the endgame of the story, I don't think she will change and become the hero many fans want her to be. Her frustrations will continue to be compounded and I believe she will end up as either a Mad Queen figure or else failing to live up to her promise of "breaking the wheel." Ever since Dany arrived in Westeros, she has been behaving like a petulant, entitled child. I think the showrunners have laid it on too thickly at this point for there to be anything but an unhappy ending where she is concerned.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Dany needs to be respected if she is going to maintain power. I don't think it's "childish". If she lets people just dismiss her, she will not hold power long.

Her goal is to become queen and to break the wheel, it's still her goal. She has an ego, sure, but you kind of have to in that position.

Sansa is in the same position. She needs to be seen as strong to maintain her leadership of the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    That heart-to-heart with Sansa ended horribly when they returned to the subject of Northern independence. You see Dany look agitated and withdraw her hand from Sansa. In the following scene, she seems baffled that her subject/ally Theon requests Sansa's permission to help defend Winterfell. Perhaps she is even taken aback by the intimate bond Sansa and Theon share after she just endured Sansa's coldness. Dany is woefully unprepared to be Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. She is an overpowered outsider who just expects everyone to love and obey her.

This far into the endgame of the story, I don't think she will change and become the hero many fans want her to be. Her frustrations will continue to be compounded and I believe she will end up as either a Mad Queen figure or else failing to live up to her promise of "breaking the wheel." Ever since Dany arrived in Westeros, she has been behaving like a petulant, entitled child. I think the showrunners have laid it on too thickly at this point for there to be anything but an unhappy ending where she is concerned.
    She didn't seem to take the news of Jon being the rightful heir to the Iron Throne well either.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

I love how Dany is all concerned about losing her claim to the Iron Throne and doesn’t care about banging her nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I love how Dany is all concerned about losing her claim to the Iron Throne and doesn’t care about banging her nephew.

I mean, she's a Targaryen. And cousin marriages are ok even for Starks. So them being related and having sex shouldn't really a big thing for either of them.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the MAIN cast (ie Jon, Dani, Jamie, Tyrion, Sasha, Arya, etc) will make it through the next episode. I think it's a lot of the supporting guys (ie Grey Worm, Theon, Davos, Tormund, etc) which are in danger.
    that's what I think as well, similar to the pike scene from the walking dead.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I mean, she's a Targaryen. And cousin marriages are ok even for Starks. So them being related and having sex shouldn't really a big thing for either of them.
    Tywin also married his cousin and no one raised a stink about that. And Dany grew up thinking that she'd end up marrying her brother eventually. So yeah she probably ain't all that worried about boinking her nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

I think Dany had a right to be taken aback by what Sansa said. Not that I entirely fault Sansa either... but from Danys perspective Jon was the King of the North and he already pledged the North to Dany if she aided them against the Walkers. Dany made good on her end, and now it's starting to sound like the North might not on their end. And that's especially compounded by the fact that it's lead by the family of the person she loves. It's far easier to deal with Cersi going back on her word, because killing Cersi and the people of Kings Landing isn't personal. Dany is TRYING to win over Sansa and the north so it won't come to that. But if Sansa's words are accurate, then when the Walkers threat is done things will get very ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She didn't seem to take the news of Jon being the rightful heir to the Iron Throne well either.
    I don't think anyone could take that news well for a variety of reasons. Given she only had like 2 seconds to process all of it before they had to the battle of winterfell, her reaction wasn't TOO bad.

Ultimate Member

Yeah horrible timing there Jon. You pulled a Ned there buddy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Tywin also married his cousin and no one raised a stink about that. And Dany grew up thinking that she'd end up marrying her brother eventually. So yeah she probably ain't all that worried about boinking her nephew.
    And her father and mother were siblings. The absolute last concern would be that they are related. In fact if Jon was some cousin or something that was outside the line of succession she probably would still view him as the perfect partner even more so. The problem is that he is the Targaryen with the most relevant claim to the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Dany had a right to be taken aback by what Sansa said. Not that I entirely fault Sansa either... but from Danys perspective Jon was the King of the North and he already pledged the North to Dany if she aided them against the Walkers. Dany made good on her end, and now it's starting to sound like the North might not on their end. And that's especially compounded by the fact that it's lead by the family of the person she loves. It's far easier to deal with Cersi going back on her word, because killing Cersi and the people of Kings Landing isn't personal. Dany is TRYING to win over Sansa and the north so it won't come to that. But if Sansa's words are accurate, then when the Walkers threat is done things will get very ugly.
    I think the show will end with things still ugly after the WW defeat. It will probably boil down to Dany vs. Sansa or something. It would be a bittersweet ending because some fan favorite characters will survive but the war over the Iron Throne will still be ongoing. Bran/Three-Eyed Raven is meant to be a physical manifestation of human history, but an ending that would feel true to the series is if, despite that knowledge being available, mankind continues refusing to learn from history and repeats the same errors over and over again. That's another reason why I think we're not meant to be rooting for Dany by the end of the show, because Westeros will be left on the verge of repeating a conflict similar to Robert's Rebellion.

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Everyone is dead sure that Theon will die in the next episode to "complete his redemption arc." Do all characters on a path to redemption need to die in order to be truly redeemed? That's certainly the cliche we see all the time. GRRM's series has been about turning these tropes on their heads. What are the odds that Theon redeems himself but does not die? I would like to see this happen. I think him spending his life post-series as an ambassador between the Iron Islands and the North would be a fitting way for him to continue serving both of his families and working to heal the wounds he inflicted on the North.

Intermediary

Dany and her "it's my way or the highway attitude" was fine when it was directed at despots and slavers and such

Now it's being thrown at characters we like, nothings changed, she has dedicated her existence to reclaiming her "birthright"

And now Jon is in the way of that