Page 18 of 555 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Ι can't understand the complains about Oberyn not giving the fatal blow to Gregor.He wanted a confession and even better,a confession about the man who gave the order.

Good fight,not as i envisioned it from the books,but it was decent,although the death of Oberyn was as brutal as i was expecting.Still,my favorite duel was Beric vs Sandor in season 3.Funny thing that both Cleganes were involved in trial by combat,with Sandor being a misunderstood guy who triumph.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

as others have said, Oberyn wanted and needed a confession. it's not enough to have rumors, especially when you want to punish the one who is ultimately responsible, in this case, Tywin Lannister. he got his confession, even if he died getting it. what the Martel's will do, now that they know for certain, we'll see.

re: Sansa. at first i didn't like the changes because it ends up making littlefinger less creepy and ominous, but then, compared to how she's written in the books, this is better.

still not feeling the slow moving wildlings. it's lacking a sense of dread

Missandrei...damn

damn...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    as others have said, Oberyn wanted and needed a confession. it's not enough to have rumors, especially when you want to punish the one who is ultimately responsible, in this case, Tywin Lannister. he got his confession, even if he died getting it. what the Martel's will do, now that they know for certain, we'll see.

re: Sansa. at first i didn't like the changes because it ends up making littlefinger less creepy and ominous, but then, compared to how she's written in the books, this is better.

still not feeling the slow moving wildlings. it's lacking a sense of dread

Missandrei...damn

damn...
    That's the silver lining in all of this. It'll be really interesting to see where everything goes from here.

Astonishing Member

An interesting part from the previews for next week was the "love and duty" quote again. I'm not sure the exact quote but that seems to really be leading to something.

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    He didn't get the full confession. Gregor admitted to killing Elia and her kids, but he didn't say who ordered him to do such (Tywin).

I don't think it's been indicated in the show, but, in the books, Tywin ordered for Elia's children to be killed so as to kill off the Targaryen bloodline, but he didn't order for Elia's death. Gregor killed Elia by his own volition....We'll see if the TV show has it the same way, although I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it as somewhat of a mystery (With heavy leanings toward Tywin having given the full order).

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Lets all give a round of applause to Sansa Stark for her performance and showing us she knows how to play the game.
    Oh yeah, that was a brilliant piece of acting. Both by Sophie Turner, and by Sansa Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    People understand the Mountain wasn't Oberyn's only target, right? He's said it in practically every episode he's been in that he wants the one behind the order (Tywin). He even said it mid-fight. Killing the Mountain wasn't an option, not until he got a confession. You can't really complain about him not going for the killing stroke.
    He was pointing right at Tywin Lannister when he said it, for goodness sake!

Ultimate Member

Missandrei...hot damn!

I don't blame Grey Worm for staring at that.

The Mountain dude was a freaking beast. How much strength does it take to crush a man's skull like a grape?

All of it. It takes all of the strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Oh yeah, that was a brilliant piece of acting. Both by Sophie Turner, and by Sansa Stark.
    Which is somewhat surprising. Sophie Turner was the weak link of the show, acting-wise, in the first season. Most of her scenes in S1 were kind of bad....She has definitely developed as an actress as time has gone on.

Here's what old mate does when he's not pretending to kill people on the telly:

Extraordinary Member

Here's his 'limits.'

I find it pretty easy to believe a man that strong can do that to a human skull, especially since he was wearing iron gloves in the fight.

Best part of the episode was Arya's laugh.

I think my biggest problem with Oberyn's actions was him also wanting to kill as many Lannisters as possible. Well that certainly isn't going to be possible if he didn't kill The Mountain now was it?

He may have wanted/needed the confession, but he had a second part to his mission.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I think my biggest problem with Oberyn's actions was him also wanting to kill as many Lannisters as possible. Well that certainly isn't going to be possible if he didn't kill The Mountain now was it?

He may have wanted/needed the confession, but he had a second part to his mission.
    In the books there's a little bit more information that leads some readers to suspect an ulterior in the Clegane fight and how Oberyn went about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHashasheen View Post
    In the books there's a little bit more information that leads some readers to suspect an ulterior in the Clegane fight and how Oberyn went about it.
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that the reason he's known as the viper didn't come into play more in the show, and ultimately impact the fight. This was much more strightforward and "honest" I guess is the best word.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum