Page 423 of 555 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Also if D&D had properly adapted Dorne, The Greyjoys, and more of the northern houses they would have had enough material to get at least 3 more full seasons, plus that would have given time for GRRM to at least get most of Winds of Winter done so D&D could draw more info from that book. Something I think GRRM wanted. But D&D was like nope. They could have had a truly epics TV series.
    Eh, to be fair, those actors may not want to do 3 more seasons either

especially someone like Clark who has transitioned into movies.

And please, GRRM ain't ever finishing those books lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Honstly I think this is sort of what I expected.

They had a lot to wrap up in a fairly short amount of episodes. You had YEARS and YEARS of build up which needed quick resolution so you could move on to the next thing which needed to get wrapped up. At this point it was more about the destination than the journey.

Not saying it completely sucks, nor am I completely defending it... just saying it's kinda what I expected. You can even tell as early as last season that things were getting wrapped up as quickly and as neatly as possible to get them to where they needed to go.

Also if D&D had properly adapted Dorne, The Greyjoys, and more of the northern houses they would have had enough material to get at least 3 more full seasons, plus that would have given time for GRRM to at least get most of Winds of Winter done so D&D could draw more info from that book. Something I think GRRM wanted. But D&D was like nope. They could have had a truly epics TV series.
    Judging from some of the interviews I've heard from main cast members, I'm not entirely sure they had 3 fulls seasons left in them. I seriously think SOME of the cast at least were basically DONE by this season. I think the show wrapped up when they needed to wrap up.

BANNED

It's true, I feel like a lot of TV shows just don't have a long term plan. Some just hide it a lot better than lost did. But even then while not perfect some shows had some pretty solid endings. I remember thinking that the ending of The Strain was surprisingly satisfying, same with The aforementioned The Wire, and Deep Space 9.
    I enjoyed the Wire and appreciated the realism and attention to detail, but goddamn its nihilistic tone was just a bit too much for me at times. And I feel like a lot of the praise for the show comes from the edgelord demographic who just want an excuse to be angry and cynical about everything, and see the show as a confirmation of their beliefs that everyone is a worthless piece of **** and that all societal institutions are irredeemably corrupted and dysfunctional.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Could we please not talk about leaks on here, at least without spoiler tags?

I have to say at this point, there are no character deaths that would really resonate for me emotionally, except maybe Sam. I do want to see Euron's smirk blown through the back of his skull, though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It looks more and more like they are setting up Dany to be a Mad Queen, and that's total Bullshit.

The Starks sisters acting like a pair of mean girls (while Bran takes a nap behind them) makes them come across as a couple of ungrateful assholes. It seems out of the blue for Arya to be opposed to Dany, and Sansa shouldn't be so thick either after she had her pity party in the basement last week while Dany was losing a lot of her forces aiding the North.
    The obvious solution is to just have Jon and Dany get married (Davos is the smartest person left on this show), but nobody is thinking it even before they learn about the relation. Ned Stark took that secret to the grave, but Sansa couldn't keep her mouth shut for a single afternoon.

Euron and Cersei's plot armor is ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Judging from some of the interviews I've heard from main cast members, I'm not entirely sure they had 3 fulls seasons left in them. I seriously think SOME of the cast at least were basically DONE by this season. I think the show wrapped up when they needed to wrap up.
    D&D were adamant for quite a while that they only wanted 7 seasons. You also correct, it’s unrealistic to expect a cast this large to commit this much of their lives to one series.

They actually compromised for season 8

You know, I think the only satisfying conclusion at this point would be for Dany to go Mad Queen, burn kings landing to the ground, and then just hope on Drogon and go live with Dario for the end of times. "This place sucks" and bounces.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Could we please not talk about leaks on here, at least without spoiler tags?

I have to say at this point, there are no character deaths that would really resonate for me emotionally, except maybe Sam. I do want to see Euron's smirk blown through the back of his skull, though.
    That's because there isn't really anyone to root for at this stage of the show, which has spent close to eight seasons hammering home the idea that trying to be a good and decent person just makes you weak and stupid. In the last episode pretty much all the supposed good guys turned into high school drama queens, even as Cersei was still sitting on the throne and wrecking their forces. Joint rule happened quite a bit in history and usually turned out to be pretty successful, such as with Ferdinand and Isabella (who were second cousins), or William and Mary (first cousins).

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    D&D were adamant for quite a while that they only wanted 7 seasons. You also correct, it’s unrealistic to expect a cast this large to commit this much of their lives to one series.

They actually compromised for season 8
    You would think, after the success for season 1 or 2 aka "this isnt a fluke," Everyone would have sat down and figured out exactly how many seasons they were gonna have and how many episodes and had things mapped out.

Instead of relying on Euron to teleport and trim off loose ends

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    We can all agree that Jamie gets killed by either cersei or Brianne , right? Like, it’s gotta be one of those 2 who puts him down.
    Actually no, I think he kills himself. He's going to kill Cersei, but the weight of it will be too much to bear. I think that's the entire reason he puts on this show in breaking up with Brienne.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He did it 300 years ago. He had two experienced dragon riders for his other two. Also he had fully grown dragons that were much older. Aegon’s dragon’s were the size of 747’s. Aegon could stand on the back of its neck while riding it.

For the record Dorne actually did kill a dragon back then with a Scorpion and bolt. Also Rheagal was so weak because he fought another dragon.

So realistically you had one killed by an ancient evil demon and another killed after being weakened by another dragon and taken down in a standard way

Nothing changes the fact going 3/3 on a dragon in the air from a boat is borderline insanity lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-06-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It looks more and more like they are setting up Dany to be a Mad Queen, and that's total Bullshit.

The Starks sisters acting like a pair of mean girls (while Bran takes a nap behind them) makes them come across as a couple of ungrateful assholes. It seems out of the blue for Arya to be opposed to Dany, and Sansa shouldn't be so thick either after she had her pity party in the basement last week while Dany was losing a lot of her forces aiding the North.
    The obvious solution is to just have Jon and Dany get married (Davos is the smartest person left on this show), but nobody is thinking it even before they learn about the relation. Ned Stark took that secret to the grave, but Sansa couldn't keep her mouth shut for a single afternoon.

Euron and Cersei's plot armor is ridiculous.
    Marriage was the obvious option PRIOR to Jons revelation. But now that Jon has a stronger claim to the throne, I think that's basically out the window. Dany fears that people will push for Jon to supercede her... and those fears are apparently justified as pretty much every single person that knows Jons secret at this point pretty much thinks Jon should be the ruler of Dany. Even Tyrion believes that, despite arguing to the contrary.

And the worse things get, the more support Jon will likely get because frankly Dany way of doing things is going to end up a massacre. Not that I entirely fault Dany given the circumstances... but it'll make Jon seem more and more the better option.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually no, I think he kills himself. He's going to kill Cersei, but the weight of it will be too much to bear. I think that's the entire reason he puts on this show in breaking up with Brienne.
    When I say Cersei kills Jamie, I figure he dies shortly after he kills her from poison or something.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    I enjoyed the Wire and appreciated the realism and attention to detail, but goddamn its nihilistic tone was just a bit too much for me at times. And I feel like a lot of the praise for the show comes from the edgelord demographic who just want an excuse to be angry and cynical about everything, and see the show as a confirmation of their beliefs that everyone is a worthless piece of **** and that all societal institutions are irredeemably corrupted and dysfunctional.
    I personally think David Simon, was kinda restrained actually. He down played the institutional racism of the drug war and general shoddy policing, and just blamed everything on Hanlon's Razor. A typical white liberal deflection imo. But otherwise I thought the show was rock solid.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-06-2019 at 08:28 AM.