Page 372 of 555 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Good episode but for a show with such high production values the flying scenes had horribly bad CGI. It was like watching a sitcom where the characters are in a car and they have hilariously obvious fake scenery moving by in the background.
    sounds a bit first world problemish... but maybe my eyes are not what they used to be.
    why don´t they have dragonrider saddles? dany is doing the riding regularly by now, and it does indeed looks veeery uncomfortable

anyway, what crafting did ayra order at gendry´s? looked like an arrow or a spear or something.
    i didn´t even know obsidian could be forged, but if you can make a battleaxe, some spikey thing shouldn´t be that hard to produce?

a lot of people are talking about how the dragons will roast the undead army, but considering that the NK can snipe them easy and convert them to his forces, shouldn´ t the living keep them as far away from the battle as possible?
    i wonder how that will be handled...

character reunion overload! we didn´t had sansa/hound yet.
    brienne was prominently absent, so i guess she´ll do the big jamie-absolvo-speech next episode
    Last edited by abulafia; 04-15-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

It was a fine episode,not good, not bad, but for what we had after Season 5 and on, it was a decent pilot for Season 8. I loved the parallels between King Robert's and Queen Dannerys' arrivals at Winterfell, but i feel some of the reunions were rushed and lacked excitements. For example,i expected much more from Jon-Arya reunion, considering how emotional was their depart and the love that these two had. I like how Danny is annoying in here demands to be seen as the queen, while Jon in his humility and dutiful nature is more royal and a true king.

I am sad that Varys, Tyrion and Davos are a shadow of their former selves. Davos at least resemples the wise councelor that he was in Stannis' court, but Varys is just a comical relief and i feel that Tyrion is too incompetent in comparison to seasons 1-4.Hell,i even feel that Dinklage is a little bit overrated as an actor. Jaime's reaction when he saw Bran was priceless and proves what a great actor is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

I still hope that Cercei will meet her doom by Euron, although TV version of Euron isn't as great as his book counterpart(TV Euron is a wanna be king, book Euron is a would be Sauron)
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    It was a fine episode,not good, not bad, but for what we had after Season 5 and on, it was a decent pilot for Season 8. I loved the parallels between King Robert's and Queen Dannerys' arrivals at Winterfell, but i feel some of the reunions were rushed and lacked excitements. For example,i expected much more from Jon-Arya reunion, considering how emotional was their depart and the love that these two had. I like how Danny is annoying in here demands to be seen as the queen, while Jon in his humility and dutiful nature is more royal and a true king.

I am sad that Varys, Tyrion and Davos are a shadow of their former selves. Davos at least resemples the wise councelor that he was in Stannis' court, but Varys is just a comical relief and i feel that Tyrion is too incompetent in comparison to seasons 1-4.Hell,i even feel that Dinklage is a little bit overrated as an actor. Jaime's reaction when he saw Bran was priceless and proves what a great actor is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

I still hope that Cercei will meet her doom by Euron, although TV version of Euron isn't as great as his book counterpart(TV Euron is a wanna be king, book Euron is a would be Sauron)
    That was a bit disappointing, I agree.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I like that they went with all the revelations in the first episode.
    Me too. I dislike dragged-out secrets.

"I've always had blue eyes!". Cracked me up.
    Agreed. I'm happy Tormund is alive. I want to see him try to flirt Brienne!

My other favorite scenes are Arya's and Jon's reunion and Arya's and Gendry's reunion.

Where. Is. Ghost?!
    Yeah. .

Come on, people; SAVE THE DIRE WOLVES!

I was expecting to get emotional last night with so many reunions teased...especially between Jon & Arya...but, nothing.

Maybe the almost 2 year break killed some of my excitement

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Jon remains the biggest idiot of the lot. He may be the only one besides Bran who is focused on the threat at hand, but he also is the one responsible for it breaching the wall in the first place. What makes Jon special is not his skill or smarts, but that he may be the only person in the entire universe who qualifies as good by our standards, whether living or dead.
    I'd definitely add Brienne to the 'good by our standards' characters

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Maybe the almost 2 year break killed some of my excitement
    Yeah, that happened to me. I enjoyed the episode, though.

Intermediary

so Cersei hires pretty much the entire Golden Company, so a contract that big goes out and think no one will notice

I expect to see Dario and the Second Sons sooner rather than later

Mighty Member

Awesome dragon flying scenes.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I'm surprised you yahoos haven't over analyzed the opening credits yet. There's a lot of interesting things happening. Like on the gyro there's a lion eating a Tully fish, a wolf being hanged and shot full of arrows, and a lion that gets beheaded by a White Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I'm surprised you yahoos haven't over analyzed the opening credits yet. There's a lot of interesting things happening. Like on the gyro there's a lion eating a Tully fish, a wolf being hanged and shot full of arrows, and a lion that gets beheaded by a White Walker.
    That's in reference to the Red Wedding. Not much to analyze as the astrolabe is about what has happened, not what will. And it wasn't a White Walker, it was a Flayed Man.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    That's in reference to the Red Wedding. Not much to analyze as the astrolabe is about what has happened, not what will. And it wasn't a White Walker, it was a Flayed Man.
    I know what it's in reference of, I'm referring to the fact that the recent stuff replaces the old history. The stuff that happened in the show is much more important. Like modern history, I mean modern for Westeros. Also the opening credits are showing the path of the WW.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

They better make it to the south, I would be pissed if they just stopped at winterfell.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    They better make it to the south, I would be pissed if they just stopped at winterfell.
    This new intro credit sequence suggests TO ME we’re going to see icy tiles flip more and more, reaching everywhere. We’re guaranteed the utter destruction and ruins of Winterfell.

Lol at the dragon peeping tom! :-D