Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
I agree it’s frakked up.

I’ve seen her going dark ever since Jon arrived on Dragonstone. Looking back. Daenerys has always been full of hope and prinicipsl WHEN THINGS GO HER WAY. But when things start to go pear shaped she tends to revert to her default “fire and blood” factory setting.

As stated above, she puts a lot of stake in her legitimate claim, then gets all whiny when it turns out she’s NOT the legitimate heir. She could have bent the knee as she asked zJon to but she lacks his humility. She’s too caught up in her own myth.

And this is who the Targareyans are. Aegon invaded and conquered and burned alive anyone who wouldn’t submit. He wanted power and took it, with only Dorne having the balls to tell him and his sisters and their dragons to go frak themselves.

Honestly they should probably kill Jon too. End the bloodline now. The world would be better for it.
Perhaps her not having the strongest legitimate claim might also be a factor in her actions.

If she doesn't have legitimacy, then her rule is justified through sheer force. She sort of mentions that to Jon in her fear speech. This may be her showing Westeros that legitimacy be damned, I'm taking the damn throne because no one can freaking stop me.