Page 495 of 555 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think there story is done. Jon's getting his little happy ending where he gets to live free with the Wildlings and never has to deal with the bullshit of the Seven Kingdoms. Arya would have been decent just to see places like Asshai or something like that. But I don't think there is a worthwhile followup for either of them.

Meanwhile GRRM created like thousands of years of history that they can do. They can do an Aegon's Conquest story. A Robert's a Rebellion story. Dunk and Egg. The Age of Heroes and the original Long Night. They can do the BlackFyre rebellion. The Valyrian Empire and the Doom of Valyria. The First Men warring with the Children of the Forest.

I don't know if there is a need to follow up on these specific characters stories. If they ever did do a sequel I would almost assume it would be centuries in the future where we maybe just hear a little bit about what happened to them.
    Elissa Farman would make a dope series.

I'd also like something set in the not so distant future, away from the characters of ASoIaF but close enough to count.

Bran has such an amazing potential to become a complete tyrant.

I mean, he can see everything and he's about as emotional as a dead oyster. And he's kinda manipulative.

That's a dangerous combination.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Bran has such an amazing potential to become a complete tyrant.

I mean, he can see everything and he's about as emotional as a dead oyster. And he's kinda manipulative.

That's a dangerous combination.
    Yeah I see his reign being pretty terrible. He looks to be spending lots of his time trying to kill Drogon. What is Bran's healthcare policy? How does he intend to rebuild Westeros? What does he think of crop rotations? He literally has no connection to the common man.

With a little more set up, Gendry would have been a choice I'd be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

-Dany's armies wanted to kill Jon. The North was not going to allow Jon to be killed. The Northern army was already down in King's Landing. The Night's Watch is basically considered exile and is a punishment for most people in Westeros. If Jon was let free, the Unsullied and Dothraki would rebel, if Jon was killed the North would have started a war. The compromise was Jon's exile. The thing is, most people didn't know that Jon was totally happy being in the NW so it worked out for him anyways.

-Bran is Edmure's nephew, Sansa's brother, Robin's cousin, Tyrion's choice, Gendry has close ties with the family. Really only Yara and the Dornish prince could have had a reason to object. And that's before you get into the fact that Bran is omniscient and effectively knows absolutely everything and it's a fact that is accepted by most people there. He has ties to all the most powerful houses, he's the wisest person that will ever be, and he's incapable of having descendents who might want to press a claim. If they were going to agree on anybody it would be him. I guess Gendry could push a claim but he would get less support than Edmure.

-Also Sansa was right. The North was never going to bow to the South again. They didn't want to with Dany and they basically got screwed for it, she went batshit and their former king got arrested for stopping her. Also who is going to reject her? Edmure, no? The Vale were fine supporting an independent North with Jon as king a few episodes ago. Dorne coudn't give a **** about the North. Bronn won't care. Gendry is to whipped on Arya. Tyrion's not going to fight it. And again, historically the North has always been the most independent kingdom. It took dragons to get them to unite with the South, then it took Ned and Robert's friendship. When those stopped existing, they rebelled.
    Like the armies would have had that much wherewithal following Danny's death. They imprisoned Jon for a long time and kept him in good shape all things considered. Not like the North suddenly appeared or that frankly all the armies of Westeros would be so united in such a short period of time. These are unsullied we are talking about not men of the Red Keep. These are battle hardened warriors who knew no retreat. They even went along with the idiotic battle tactics at the battle of Winterfell and came out better than the Northmen despite fighting in their own backyards.

Only half the people voting would have supported Bran at best. Bran can't see the future but can peer into the past, unless you believe Bran can see into the future and simply held his tongue about the scorpion's Messiandae, second Dragon's death, etc. etc. Basically set Jon on a course of potential death and did nothing to avoid all that to find a better solution and save millions of lives in order to become king. If you believe he can see the future, which is what you're essentially saying if you know what omniscient fully means. For all Bran's knowledge, the three meaningful things he's contributed was the information about Littlefinger int the 11th hour, Jon's lineage and that the Night King was coming for him. I'm sorry but considering all the information at his disposal that's a pretty damn low bar. But let's get back to the matter of hand. Most characters aren't aware of the depth of Bran's knowledge and power let alone all those who would be skeptical or flat out wouldn't believe that. Bran has no military accomplishments, barely speaks like a normal human and has frankly shown absolutely nothing in terms of leadership for the entire show outside from sitting back for most of it. 5 to 6 of the characters would have backed Bran but the rest, no way.

That wasn't a compromise at the end. Westeros just got what they wanted. A true compromise would be one of both of Tyrion or Jon dying. That was just some fluff at the end. Sure Tyrion will be punished by atoning for his sins and living in luxury. Jon gets to go back with his homeboys where he is seen as a hero to a place he is familiar with and will essentially rule.

Sansa was speaking for Sansa. Any other northerners with stern objections died off to the zombies. A northerner is sitting on the throne if Bran was actually seen as a suitable king the north would accept him. If it was Jon they would accept him. Why the hell would the Iron Islands, Dorne or any of the regions loyal to Danny accept this? She did right by them and freed them from Circe and kept her oaths. Those are the rulers who would have objected. Than Sansa has the unmitigated gall to pull a power move after everyone else has already agreed to Bran. End of the day Brand would be an advisor at best. The writers didn't empower him effectively enough to rise to the kingship. On paper, he has the tools and the lineage but he has not demonstrated the wherewithal or leadership in any capacity unless you truly believe he saw everything coming and did nothing to prevent it, which puts him in the same league as Circe and Danny, but to a degree even scarier.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 05-20-2019 at 04:53 AM. Reason: snark removed
    The J-man

Thanks I hated it

Overall I am satisfied. However, I feel like everyone got off very lucky that Drogon just flew off and there was no retaliation from the Unsullied & Dothraki.

One thing I missed...During the round table, Bran asked if there were any updates on Drogon's whereabouts, and Bronn interrupted someone to say something. And then it seemed like Bran was going to look for Drogon himself? I am assuming via warged ravens, but I am not sure I heard the full conversation clearly.

Feels weird that its over. I was half expecting a post credits scene with Drogon dropping Dany's body off in some magical fires in Valaryia for a cliffhanger rebirth

Did a bit of editing on a couple of posts.

I know it was a long eight seasons and lots of people are very passionate about it. That being said, discuss what you liked and disliked til your heart's content.

But keep the personal crap out of it. Don't snark at others for not seeing what you saw, or not liking what you like. Stick to the topic without the potshots please.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

The only part I liked was Sansa becoming Queen and I guess Arya sailing off as that was true to her character but the rest was trash. Jon disgraced and back at Castle Black? Bran becoming king? WTF?!?! We expected Dany to die but how it happened was so choppy and unsatisfactory. This entire episode felt more like an extended epilogue when it felt like there was more story to tell but they rushed Dany's death and we were left with this crap instead. Why the heck is Sam back? Just pissed me off more that he's not dead

Hey, they saved enough CGI budget to pet Ghost!

Ending got really fan servicy at the end regarding the non-main characters like Sam and Brienne. Whatev.

Jon's ending works. Everything else... eh

I feel like places like Iron Islands and Dorne would break off almost immediately as soon as they left the council.

If Bran the Broken (lol) was gonna be built up like this to be the new king, I can' tbelieve he would have been sidelined so much during the seasons. Dude dissapeared for a LONG time and even this season, he was just a meme

Damn starks pulled a fast one on Greyworm lol. "Jon, you are banished to a place you like to hang out with your friends and your dog! You are going ot hate it wink wink. You really hate the wildings and they hate you wink wink. Oh and if you stop by Winterfell for recruiting trips and such, it would suck for you! Oh and tyrion will be forced to live in luxury and help people as the seocnd most powerfl person in the kingdoms... its a harsh punishment trust me!"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If Bran the Broken (lol) was gonna be built up like this to be the new king, I can' tbelieve he would have been sidelined so much during the seasons. Dude dissapeared for a LONG time and even this season, he was just a meme
    Bran didn't even get any love in that Stark montage at the end of the episode.

Just wondering, could Bran take control of a dragon as he does with other beastie?

Now, that would seriously boost his capacities. (and bring him even close to my Bran the tyrant theory ^^)

Retired

I think they came close as they could to having a constitutional monarchy. Bran is a figurehead and he doesn't have much to do in ruling the land. It's his government that will actually have that power. But he's a check on them, because he can see the bigger picture and anticipate any threats to his authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think they came close as they could to having a constitutional monarchy. Bran is a figurehead and he doesn't have much to do in ruling the land. It's his government that will actually have that power. But he's a check on them, because he can see the bigger picture and anticipate any threats to his authority.
    Does... does he even have an army to do anything lol?

Lanisters and everyone inside the RK were roasted

Northern kingdoms you can assume went with Sansa.

Freefolk left after WF and you can assume they follow Tormound or Jon

Yo, who is defending KL right now lol?

Does bran just threaten people, "if you don't obey, I will go in the past and find something creepy to say to you in the future"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Are they even going to keep that elective monarchy thingie? It was an emergency decision, nothing says that it's ever going to happen again.

Though, Bran being the broken, a heir is not on the menu so..
    Last edited by Starter Set; 05-20-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Are they even going to keep that elective monarchy thingie? It was an emergency decision, nothing says that it's ever going to happen again.

Though, Bran being the broken, a heir is not on the menu so..
    They mentioned that Bran can’t have kids so the implication is the next monarch will be elected