Page 436 of 555 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486536 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they could have taken Kings Landing quickly enough to the point where they could still make it up to Winter Fell fast enough to help with the Night King, that probably would have been best case scenario for Dany. THe tricky part is really whether or not they could do that. They would literally need nuke the place then leave without even really bothering to fortify the place. It's doable, but still a very tight window.
    Based on the info they had in season 7, they could have. The only reason the NK was able to march south was bc he destroyed the Wall with the dragon, which they didnt learn until this season, once they made it to WF. Dany theoretically could have waged war on Cersei in the season 7 finale, most likely win and then made her way up north. She had no reason to believe the dead had the means to strike right away

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    NK only got past the wall because Dany helped.
    True. She putting her plan on hold to help Jon has been disastrous for her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

True. She putting her plan on hold to help Jon has been disastrous for her
    Listening to Tyrion has been disastrous

Wright plan only existed to get Cersei to help/not attack.

How the heck Tyrion is still her hand is nuts.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Listening to Tyrion has been disastrous

Wright plan only existed to get Cersei to help/not attack.

How the heck Tyrion is still her hand is nuts.
    Dany herself did not agree to commit her forces to the North until she saw them for her very eyes, so the Wright Plan was as much about convincing her as it was Cersi.

The question mark is really whether or not the Night King is capable of getting past the wall without Danys dragon. If he isnt, then all of this is mostly moot since the Walker are stuck behind the wall. Dany can take her time. But if it's possible somehow for them to past the wall, then how things ended up might be for the best. Even if Dany does take Kings Landing quickly, she might not have committed ALL her forces to the North since again she didn't necessarily take the threat that seriously until she saw it with her own eyes.
    Last edited by XPac; 05-08-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

At this point I'm just waiting for Arya to take off her mask to finally reveal she's actuall just Chicken Boo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arya what's the matter with you? You don't act like the other chickens do. You wear a disguise to look like human guys,: But you're not a man, you're a Chicken Boo.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 05-08-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    At this point I'm just waiting for Arya to take off her mask to finally reveal she's actuall just Chicken Boo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arya what's the matter with you? You don't act like the other chickens do. You wear a disguise to look like human guys,: But you're not a man, you're a Chicken Boo.
    People keep talking about Arya using her masks to kill Cersei but how does she get close to her? She'd need the face of someone Cersei trusts which means she'd have to kill them. Right now the only person that could even be would be Qyburn or Jamie. I really dont see her killing Jamie but I also dont see her killing Qyburn bc he's pretty much attached to Cersei so I cant see her getting close enough to him either. This also made all those Arya as Bran to kill the NK theories nonsensical given Arya wouldnt kill her brother
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-08-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Dany herself did not agree to commit her forces to the North until she saw them for her very eyes, so the Wright Plan was as much about convincing her as it was Cersi.

The question mark is really whether or not the Night King is capable of getting past the wall without Danys dragon. If he isnt, then all of this is mostly moot since the Walker are stuck behind the wall. Dany can take her time. But if it's possible somehow for them to past the wall, then how things ended up might be for the best. Even if Dany does take Kings Landing quickly, she might not have committed ALL her forces to the North since again she didn't necessarily take the threat that seriously until she saw it with her own eyes.
    The NK probably could’ve gotten past the wall, it would’ve just taken a bit longer to take control & get his army past.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The NK probably could’ve gotten past the wall, it would’ve just taken a bit longer to take control & get his army past.
    Only if you buy the theory that Bran crossing the wall broke the magical protection
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Only if you buy the theory that Bran crossing the wall broke the magical protection
    Even if he did, how would they get over it? It was a wall. I dont see the wights being able to climb that thing and even the NK and the WKs would have trouble. The dead dragon gave them the means to move past it

Even if he did, how would they get over it? It was a wall. I dont see the wights being able to climb that thing and even the NK and the WKs would have trouble. The dead dragon gave them the means to move past it
    We saw that they could climb walls in Winterfell. Course, that might have been an easier wall to climb. Still, if there's enough of them along with a few giants I'm not entirely sure it's an impossible task. But certainly the Dragon made it much easier.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post

She's a giant chicken I tell ya!, a CHICKEN!!!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Yeah what happened to that theory lol

We saw that they could climb walls in Winterfell. Course, that might have been an easier wall to climb. Still, if there's enough of them along with a few giants I'm not entirely sure it's an impossible task. But certainly the Dragon made it much easier.
    they piled up on each other at WF which was made of stone with grips to grab onto. The Wall was much larger and made of ice so I doubt that same strategy would work. Even if there was a big pile up, the vast majority of them would not be able to get over it as they'd be part of the "hill" thats used to get over it

they piled up on each other at WF which was made of stone with grips to grab onto. The Wall was much larger and made of ice so I doubt that same strategy would work. Even if there was a big pile up, the vast majority of them would not be able to get over it as they'd be part of the "hill" thats used to get over it
    If indeed it's true that the wall was impenetrable then yeah... they probably made a bigger deal of the Walkers than they needed to. They were safe, and the only reason the NK got past it was because of Dany and her dragon. So yeah... good guys screwed up there if that's the case.

If indeed it's true that the wall was impenetrable then yeah... they probably made a bigger deal of the Walkers than they needed to. They were safe, and the only reason the NK got past it was because of Dany and her dragon. So yeah... good guys screwed up there if that's the case.
    That Eastwatch mission last season was a complete disaster. All it did was hand the Night King a dragon to break the Wall and invade ahead of schedule. All that just to capture a Wight and to prove it to Cersei, not only did she not send her troops to help, but used it as an opportunity to swoop on Dany's decimated army. Was that another one of Tyrion's brilliant ideas?

Initially I thought the only positive outcome of that mission was to get Jaime to maybe gather the Lannister and Tully armies from Riverrun...but he just came to Winterfell on his own. I guess it was a win for Brienne at the end, if that's the case.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He did it 300 years ago. He had two experienced dragon riders for his other two. Also he had fully grown dragons that were much older. Aegon’s dragon’s were the size of 747’s. Aegon could stand on the back of its neck while riding it.

For the record Dorne actually did kill a dragon back then with a Scorpion and bolt.
    But it was a lucky shot to the eye, otherwise their scales typically protected them from spears and arrows in flight, going by Fire and Blood's historian-narrator. Don't know if they were 747-sized though.