Page 474 of 555 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Do you think there will be any battles next ep?
    After this ep I really want a greyworm/Jon fight, but I feel as though it’ll be more conversations than battles

Westeros has the same thing as Middle Earth where they know to say "fire" to shoot a bow or catapult, even though gunpowder firearms haven't been invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    just because we feel that they have unfinished business, doesn't mean they do within the narrative. there simply wasn't enough time to articulate that story in an effective manner, so it became just a series of random scenes.

Sometimes people find themselves in situations they didn't expect. Jaime MIGHT have gone back, or he might have just had a sad scene where he finds out his sister has died.

again, all this is pacing and writing issues. you COULD have Jaime ride south and try to reach Cersei one last time, and tell that story...but you need to tell that story.
    In the case of the Hound, he's been articulating wanting to fight his brother for a long long time. No additional story was needed there, apart from them actually fighting. Which we got. So that at least was fine IMO.

You probably could have done more with Jamie. But honestly I do think there was enough there to get the point across without it. The mother of his unborn child was in danger... we know what we needed to know, without more explanation than that. And we scenes we did get with Tyrion and Cersi did bring proper closure to his arcs with his siblings, so having him go to KL was probably worth it. He doesn't get his happily ever after with Briane, but at least we got resolution to their arc too before he left. THey could have done more certainly... but they did manage to actually cover a lot of ground with him in the time they had.

Just a reminder that these endings for the main characters are from GRRM himself.

The journey is F'd up but the endings are from him. DnD ain't making that up.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Do you think there will be any battles next ep?
    After this ep I really want a greyworm/Jon fight, but I feel as though it’ll be more conversations than battles
    What do people want Grey Worm to die lol. What did he ever do wrong!?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

Bet this guy is pissed he got beheaded.

Oooof

Ned is low key is kind of a **** character.

I wonder what his plan with Jon was if he didn't get beheaded though.

Problem with the WW is that the threat was TOO big and could only be solved by a deus ex machina hail mary.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oooof

Ned is low key is kind of a **** character.

I wonder what his plan with Jon was if he didn't get beheaded though.

Problem with the WW is that the threat was TOO big and could only be solved by a deus ex machina hail mary.
    If in theory the WW can't get past the wall without a dragon (and we're not entirely sure about that either way), then it's possible they really weren't as big of a problem as they were hyped up to be and only got as far as they did through sheer luck. Odds of a dragon flying that far up north would have been pretty slim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    So basically, all someone in Westeros had to do was hire a Faceless Assassin and the White Walker threat was done.

Speaking of which, King Robert could have done the same regarding Denaerys, bypassing the small council. Tywin could have done against Rob. Renly could have done against Stannis or Joffrey.
    Faceless Assassins are the most insanely expensive in the world. Robert was counseled against using them to kill Dany who had a Dothraki Khalassar behind her. The price also changes depending on the target and the person seeking the contract.

Baelish said that you could hire an army of sellswords (think Golden Company) for half the price it would cost a Faceless Man to kill a merchant and that he didn’t want to think what it would cost for a princess. Now imagine the Night King or Dany plus Dragons.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Well at least it gives Martin some breathing room for his futur books, not gonna be too hard to top the show in terms of writing.

Here’s the difference, when Dany loses her **** in the last book you’ll have had multiple Dany chapters walking through her internal monologue so that it’s far less surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It became disappointing last season

You honestly believe people wouldnt be getting killed off had this season been longer? The length isnt the reason people are getting offed. Every death in the last episode was earned, especially the Hound who's arc they actually didnt mess up.

Jamie and Brienne didnt have a terrific relationship. IMO they should have never had sex. That was forced. I can see her being infatuated with him but I never got it from him. Their ONS added nothing and unnecessarily damaged both characters. Jamie dying though? I was fine with it

I think people wanted to see Cersei murdered and not get a beautiful death. I get that. I actually think a better twist were to have her escape with she alone with her unborn child in exile
    With Jaime and Brienne, Brienne's infatuation and, as he is redeemed, love for Jaime is clear. Jaime's feelings for Brienne are there, but more subtle; he sees in her what he wanted to be, and that she believes he can be. He admires her, not just as a warrior but as a noble human being who genuinely cares about people around her and keeping her word.

What doesn't work for me, though, is Jaime's decision one day to sleep with Brienne and, practically the next day, to dump her and leave. I think in the books, their relationship will take longer to develop and they'll be together for awhile before he reaches the decision to go back to Cersei for the sake of his child.

Like most plotlines this season, it just felt like several chapters of their arc hit the cutting room floor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    With Jaime and Brienne, Brienne's infatuation and, as he is redeemed, love for Jaime is clear. Jaime's feelings for Brienne are there, but more subtle; he sees in her what he wanted to be, and that she believes he can be. He admires her, not just as a warrior but as a noble human being who genuinely cares about people around her and keeping her word.

What doesn't work for me, though, is Jaime's decision one day to sleep with Brienne and, practically the next day, to dump her and leave. I think in the books, their relationship will take longer to develop and they'll be together for awhile before he reaches the decision to go back to Cersei for the sake of his child.

Like most plotlines this season, it just felt like several chapters of their arc hit the cutting room floor.
    That’s simplifying it a bit. Jamie just realized that the person he loved his entire life who also is his sister was now most likely going to be completely wiped out without mercy.

BANNED

Frankly, the Jaime/Brienne thing feels more like a pity **** than anything else, he clearly cares about her but is ultimately wholly devoted to Cersei and should've known better than to mess with her emotions like that. I suppose though that settling for Tormund was just what everyone was expecting, and so D&D had to go and subvert that too....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Frankly, the Jaime/Brienne thing feels more like a pity **** than anything else, he clearly cares about her but is ultimately wholly devoted to Cersei and should've known better than to mess with her emotions like that. I suppose though that settling for Tormund was just what everyone was expecting, and so D&D had to go and subvert that too....
    No it wasn’t. Tormund was the most fan servicey thing they probably ever did. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if D&D thought it would make for a funny scene and it worked so well that they kept playing with it. There’s no way any of that nonsense happens in the book. It really isn’t subverting anything to hook Jamie and Brienne up

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Here’s the difference, when Dany loses her **** in the last book you’ll have had multiple Dany chapters walking through her internal monologue so that it’s far less surprising.
    I suppose thats where the art of acting can theoretically make up the difference. In theory the look on Danys face in one fleeting moment can tell the same story pages and pages of dialogue and internal monologues can. In theory.

I think her expression after she talked to Tyrion and Jon was supposed to help make her decision less surprising. Didn't apparently work that way for some, but I think that was the idea.

If the mother of his unborn child is about to die in Danys attack, then Jamie I think is justified in not taking his time deciding what he really wants. There simply wasn't time to do anything more than he did. Its not like he can ask Dany to hold off her attack so he can have a little more time with Brianne.