Page 503 of 555 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    If I were Martin thinking about selling a who,e lot of books, I wouldn’t have told them anything.

And given that authors CONSTANTLY do rewrites and Martin has said he’s no exception, he could well change directions even if he had.

There is so much that is different even between the books and the end of season 5, that I’d be amazed if there more than a passing resemblance.

As for this episode, so much made no sense. Grey Worm is no diplomat, do why keep Jon alive? He’d just kill him and take the Unsullied and Dothrski straight to war.
    He's no diplomat, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's stupid. Yes, killing Jon means effectively taking the Unsullied and Dothaki into war (assuming they would still follow Grey Worm), but really does that do then any favors? Are they better off fighting a war against people they don't care about in a place they seemingly just want to leave anyways?

I honestly think Grey Worm simply wanted to leave, and played a bit of hardball to save face before getting the heck out of dodge. Without Dany he had no reason to fight and die in this place. It simply wasn't worth doing any more than he did.

I thought Drogon didn't kill Jon because he's a Targaryan and it's built into Drogon's DNA by now not to harm Targaryans.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I thought Drogon didn't kill Jon because he's a Targaryan and it's built into Drogon's DNA by now not to harm Targaryans.
    They did during the Dance of Dragons civil war, though, didn't they? Could be that Jon being the *last* Targaryen had something to do with it, if Drogon is sentient enough to realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    They did during the Dance of Dragons civil war, though, didn't they? Could be that Jon being the *last* Targaryen had something to do with it, if Drogon is sentient enough to realize that.
    It's hard to really say given that we don't exactly know how smart dragons are. But it's not like he actually saw Jon kill Dany. He just happened to be standing there at the time. Sure WE know Jon did it... but as far as Drogon knows Jon is a friend.

"Dorne has been independent longer than any other Kingdom. Even when we joined the Iron Throne, it was through marriage, and we joined as equals to the Targaryen dynasty, with our own royal privilege. We have never had any loyalty to anyone but ourselves and the Targaryen family. Now the Targaryen Queen is dead, killed by her secret nephew, who only exists because Rhaegar Targaryen spurned his Dornish wife to run off with some Stark ho and ruin everything for everyone. We have nothing in common with the Starks, the House of Martell suffered greatly because of Rhaegar and Lyanna, and we have no reason to respect the words of a Lannister, whom we probably despise."

"Vote for Stark."

"Aye."

THe outside the show stuff is more entertaining than the last season
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yara: Not all of us forgive so easily. We swore ourselves to the queen.

5.....Minutes......Later

**Everybody who wants the lil weirdo in the wheelchair with no experience ruling anything nor possessing any human emotion to be ruler of 6 kingsdoms**

Yara: ....Aye.

All is setup for war to start again in not even 5 years.

All hail Bran, soon enough king of not so much anymore. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

5.....Minutes......Later

**Everybody who wants the lil weirdo in the wheelchair with no experience ruling anything nor possessing any human emotion to be ruler of 6 kingsdoms**

50-100k Dothraki blood riders, only in westoros because of dany

dany dies

they all just... chill, waiting for someone to tell them what to do for 3 weeks

oh and no one alive there speaks the language

oh lawd
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

dany dies

oh lawd
    I can’t even blame them or the Unsullied for dipping. When Dany died she took her ability to respawn grunts with her.

Extraordinary Member

The Black Fish might take exception to Brienne recording that Jaime took Riverrun “without loss of life”.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

dany dies

oh lawd
    I am sort of curious if they went with Grey Worm or not. There doesn't seem to be any indication that they did, though we didn't see much.

If we wanna play head canon, they might have decided to bail before the finale where Bran was made king. They didn't necessarily have any reason to stick around once Dany died. In any event, no one at the end seemed worried about the Dothraki, so I just assume they went home somehow.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As much as this final season has felt rushed I am still happy in how it all turned out. I am one who has thought for 3 or 4 season Dani was going to go dark sooner or latter so her fall from grace doesn't bother me Bran being King was kind of weird to me at first but the more I thought about it the more it kind of makes sense. Four of the last five leaders of Westeros (Aerys, Robert, Jofrey, and Cersie) have all ruled with emotion more than anything else and the kingdom nearly fell multiple times. Maybe someone as emotionless and logical as Bran with all of history at his fingertips to learn from is just what the kingdom need now. A stable center to rebuild everything around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post

5.....Minutes......Later

Sansa: Good job Bran. But the North shall remain independent with me as Queen.

Yara: Wait, you can do that?

Nameless Dornish Prince: Alright!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member

They tried to do with Dany in like 2-3 episodes what Breaking Bad did with Walter White over FIVE SEASONS, and wow did it NOT work. It's interesting to see even fans and critics who used to defend this show to the death finally turn on it in this last season.

I'm trying to think if this is the worst decline in quality for a once great show in TV history or if there's another? Because it's certainly up there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's hard to really say given that we don't exactly know how smart dragons are. But it's not like he actually saw Jon kill Dany. He just happened to be standing there at the time. Sure WE know Jon did it... but as far as Drogon knows Jon is a friend.
    A friend who’s scent is all over the knife in her guts...