Page 108 of 555 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Yeah, family members are always totally rational and logical when the family member they dearly love gets killed. Totally.

Especially when they get killed by the chief muscle of a guy you already hated to begin with.

I'm sure every human being on earth would react to those circumstances with cold, clinical detachment and a purely objective view.
    Most people's reaction to seeing their family's killer isn't to challenge them to a public fight to the death. They'd just have them killed and tortured out of sight.

The Lannisters didn't make Oberyn fight, he chose to and he died. That's not on the Lannisters.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Most people's reaction to seeing their family's killer isn't to challenge them to a public fight to the death. They'd just have them killed and tortured out of sight.

The Lannisters didn't make Oberyn fight, he chose to and he died. That's not on the Lannisters.
    Ellaria and the Sand Snakes are being written like human beings who actually have emotions that just might cloud their judgment. As opposed to soulless automatons that are never influenced by them.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Oberyn's death was not the Lannisters fault, but I get the sense that Ellaria is more like Cersei in that she's too blinded by hate to see that Oberyn solely did himself in.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Oberyn's death was not the Lannisters fault, but I get the sense that Ellaria is more like Cersei in that she's too blinded by hate to see that Oberyn solely did himself in.
    Well, Gregor Clegane helped a little.

She should totally just get over it. Emotion is for human beings, not fictional characters.

I mean, it's not like the entire book series and the show made a point of noting that Dornish tend to be passionate and fierce...except when they did.
    Last edited by Jmacq1; 06-09-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Well, Gregor Clegane helped a little.

She should totally just get over it. Emotion is for human beings, not fictional characters.

I mean, it's not like the entire book series and the show made a point of noting that Dornish tend to be passionate and fierce...except when they did.
    Ellaria in the book is a conscientious objector to further violence in the name of Oberyn.

Since when did passionate and fierce mean stupid and irrational?

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes are being written like human beings who actually have emotions that just might cloud their judgment. As opposed to soulless automatons that are never influenced by them.
    Who knew expecting Ellaria to accurately remember the death she witnesses was such a high expectation.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-09-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul W. View Post
    But why? The whole of the kingdom north of the Dornish sands is shaking itself to pieces. Lay back, keep your hand in and let it play out (with a nudge here and there.) Basically, the Littlefinger Strategy.
    Wait long by the river and the bodies of your enemies will float by.

I have a feeling the season finale is gonna break the internet...

I bet Meryn Trent holds his helmet more than his sword in total air-time. I swear every time we see Trent he has his helm in his arms.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Welp we have had the Night King, Danny Flying, Innocent Girl Burned. What else they got up their sleeves.

Incredible Member Reverse Happy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Welp we have had the Night King, Danny Flying, Innocent Girl Burned. What else they got up their sleeves.
    Famous last words

I almost think they should have saved the whole battle with the Walkers for the finale. That's gonna be hard to top.

Though I'm certain they have something cool up their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I almost think they should have saved the whole battle with the Walkers for the finale. That's gonna be hard to top.
    I agree with you there. That was the best scene, hands down, this season. I just hope it ends on a good note...

BANNED

I agree with you there. That was the best scene, hands down, this season. I just hope it ends on a good note...
    Ends on a Good Note? Have u been watching this show? I suppose Cersei getting her just deserts is a good note.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    There's a couple things still to come yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It was their fault. The only reason Oberyn fought the mountain was to avenge the death of his sister and her sons. Her sister and her sons were killed by Tywin's orders. If Tywin hadn't ordered those deaths Oberyn would have never fought the mountain and would still be alive.