Page 119 of 555 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Kit Harrington and the showrunners are swearing up and down that Jon won't be back.
    And he may not be back next season. But after? I think some of his comments are open to serious parsing.

If Jon is truly & forever dead and not resurrected in any form, I figure the whole point of his story was how close someone got to making a dent in this White Walker looming threat. And yet mostly failed, perhaps due to too much honour (not going all dictator and killing Ser Alliser and others earlier). Meaning only Danaerys alone can fix this now.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-15-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If Jon doesn't come back this is some bullshit. His story is far from told. Maybe he comes back as the Lord of Light? Spends some time as Ghost, before the Red Witch raises his body again?

I'm really hoping that the wildling army just wipes out the Night's Watch and takes control of the Wall.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I guess Jon's death COULD mean that only Dany can stop what's coming, but hell they could just kill her off too. I have no idea where the show is going now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I guess Jon's death COULD mean that only Dany can stop what's coming, but hell they could just kill her off too. I have no idea where the show is going now.
    They might as well kill her off and finish ruining it. There are only two or three characters left that people give a shit about...

I could easily see the last sentence of the last book being something like, "as the last hero fell, all hope was lost, and the universe plunged into infinite agony forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Jon Snow IS dead. If he comes back it won't be as Jon Snow...
    This is what I am expecting. I think Jon Snow the human is done. He might be reborn as the Lord of Light, or maybe Qyburn will get his hands on him at some point to make WinterIsComing-bot.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I could easily see the last sentence of the last book being something like, "as the last hero fell, all hope was lost, and the universe plunged into infinite agony forever."
    It would be hilariously troll-ish if the White Walkers are merely people who were cursed to be ice zombies, and they were coming south for a cure. And once dragonfire melts their curse away, they are thankful to be freed of a such a horrible fate.

BTW, I LOVED the Benjen Stark troll preview. I was more excited about that than anything else when I saw that.

Ultimate Member

I seem to remember GRRM saying somewhere that, while the books won't have a 100% "happy ending," they also won't end as bleakly depressing as a lot of people seem to think.

Oh and this finale was not very good.

This article brings up good points on Jon's demise & Kit's comments seeming to confirm its finality:

http://www.wetpaint.com/2015-06-15-j...kit-harington/

"Of course, there's already plenty of speculation that Kit is being told to lie to keep up the suspense. Or maybe he really hasn't been told that actually he's going to be resurrected. Or maybe he will be resurrected, but that twist will be saved for Season 7. Or maybe Jon will come back in a different body. Or maybe... Well, you get the idea."

a) Kit has admitted he lies sometimes when he talks with fans
    b) Kit said he was given the talk, but said if B&W know more, he hasn't been told...so maybe he really hasn't been told that actually he's going to be resurrected (plausible deniability)
    c) Not S6, but S7
    d) (unlikely) different body, different actor

Maybe “I've been worrying about Jon for years. He always comes back.” isn't what it usually means for GoT fans, that it foreshadowed Jon's death, maybe it confirms his resurrection.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-15-2015 at 12:02 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

They may not intend to bring Jon back, but I don't see what purpose his death serves if they don't (other than to piss people off). The other major deaths made some kinda sense, at least...

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    BTW, I LOVED the Benjen Stark troll preview. I was more excited about that than anything else when I saw that.
    Haha, I felt the same, and I think they trolled Syrio Forel fans, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    They may not intend to bring Jon back, but I don't see what purpose his death serves if they don't (other than to piss people off). The other major deaths made some kinda sense, at least...
    The show has always been about deliberately defying some fantasy conventions. Maybe Jon's story seemed like it was going too well as a hero story.

Kit offered some insight on it:
    "It's actually Jon's fault," Harington said, leaning forward, keen to analyze this point. "He's concentrating on the big picture, missing the little hints all around him. If you let a whole bunch of fucking wildlings through your gates, it's like Israel letting through a whole bunch of Palestinians, or Palestine letting through the Israelis. It's two warring factions who hate each other, and so you're going to have dissent, and that dissent comes in its fiercest form, with the final blow."
    http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/kit-h...-find-out.html

Of course, I still think Jon/Kit will be back before this show ends.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

So watching the Walk of Shame on a HD TV. Was it just me or did the far shots where Lena Headey's face was plastered over a stunt nude look really, really badly done? Like the FX budget was blown on the undead and dragons from the previous episodes and they had to improvise.

I haven't read the books, so I may be entirely off base with this. But it seems possible that Melisandre intentionally set-up Stannis to have his family and army destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm trying to figure out just how much I hate every freaking human character on the show (except Tyrion and Arya) after the events of tonight's episode.

Seriously, I am officially flying my allegiance flag for the White Walkers now. I want everyone else dead because they are proof that the world is not worth saving for useless, stupid, incompetent oathbreakers in desperate need of death.
    I like Varys too, but I could also live with this.

One thing of note reGARDING jON is that Kit claims that he didn't get a gift on his last day

Most of the cast memebers got a prop gift.

Jon Snow may be dead spoilers:
    Jon Targaryean will live
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Guy's if you think Jon is gone forever, you haven't being paying attention.