Page 14 of 555 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    there is something to be said when everyone...from the Hand of the King, to the Queen, to the common folk refer to you as 'The Mountain' and everyone instantly knows who you are talking about

I like Prince Oberyn but he better be ready to throw down
    Oh, he's ready.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That sort of is the point of the storyline, eh? Daenerys has a very naive and idealistic view about abolishing slavery, when in reality the common people have to obey every whim of their noble overlords anyway, so it makes little practical difference whether someone technically owns you or not, you are not free in any case.
    No its really not the same. The guy wanted to bang her anyway he was hardly forced.

Fantastic Member

That sort of is the point of the storyline, eh? Daenerys has a very naive and idealistic view about abolishing slavery, when in reality the common people have to obey every whim of their noble overlords anyway, so it makes little practical difference whether someone technically owns you or not, you are not free in any case.
    That's...not really the point of the storyline. While certainly the entire saga isn't bashful about pointing out how screwed-up the Feudal system can be, it's hardly a scathing condemnation of it, either. For that to be the case, we'd need less of our protagonists to be the people at the top or people directly working for those at the top, and more POV that shows us how crappy it is to be a commoner. Instead, commoners are basically ignored by the story. Because Commoners don't play the Game of Thrones.

I found the scene with Dany and Daario to be an interesting demonstration of just how far she's come: She started the first season as nothing but a sex object herself. A brood mare for a barbarian warlord. Now she's in a position where she can reverse that dynamic, and for the first time took advantage of it with a more-than-willing partner.

Seriously folks, trying to make out like Dany was somehow abusing Daario is only completely and utterly ignoring that his characterization practically from the moment he was introduced has been "Hell yeah I wanna get with that."

In this specific case, you could even argue the reverse. He's the one with a significant, experienced fighting force. If she keeps turning him down, he might get huffy and decide to leave. And what's a conqueror without an effective army?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    No its really not the same. The guy wanted to bang her anyway he was hardly forced.
    I mean, really, he snuck into her private chambers through the rooftop window, with flowers, complaining he's no able to practice his skills with women because he only wants one womùan in particular. Getting naked was very much in his plans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    In this specific case, you could even argue the reverse. He's the one with a significant, experienced fighting force. If she keeps turning him down, he might get huffy and decide to leave. And what's a conqueror without an effective army?
    Hmm... If Casanova took his 2000 sellswords and ran off, she'd still have 8000 Unsulied.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, and none of them have boners to distract them from their soldiering. They guy has wanted to get into her pants practically from minute one, and the reverse is probably true as well.

BANNED

I liked the conversation between Tyrion and Bronn.

While you could tell Bronn liked Tyrion he stayed in character and made a decision like the mercenary that he is. That final handshake was tough for Tyrion, you could tell it was like letting go of his last hope.

Incredible Member

I agree with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, and none of them have boners to distract them from their soldiering. They guy has wanted to get into her pants practically from minute one, and the reverse is probably true as well.

BANNED

Came across this and thought it'd be worth sharing:

I find the new guy playing Daario far too similar to Brun and it irritates me.

BANNED

Grantland precap - Fight Night in Westeros

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...t-in-westeros/

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Came across this and thought it'd be worth sharing:

Joffrey was surprising, but the ones that really threw me for a loop were Maester Pycelle and Robert Baratheon.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Joffrey was surprising, but the ones that really threw me for a loop were Maester Pycelle and Robert Baratheon.
    I still think of Aiden Gillen/Littlefinger as Tarqueti from The Wire. Momoa was also in Conan and Stargate. Cersei was in the Terminator show.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    I still think of Aiden Gillen/Littlefinger as Tarqueti from The Wire. Momoa was also in Conan and Stargate. Cersei was in the Terminator show.
    I never watched The Wire, but I've known about many of the actors in GoT being in other films/shows. Dinklage was mostly known for the movie Death at a Funeral (both the British and American versions) before GoT, Cersei was in The Brothers Grimm, 300, and the live adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book (with Jason Scott Lee)....Charles Dance (Tywin) has been in loads of stuff, although I mostly remembered him from that lame movie Last Action Hero.....And Davos Seaworth was in Hunger (Steve McQueen's first film, which also had Michael Fassbender).