Page 188 of 555 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'm betting D&D will be turning Sansa into some form of Lady Stoneheart. Not a literal transformation, but a figurative one; by name and reputation.

BANNED

Will be? She already is.

generic episode.

Everything played out exactly that what people had predicted long before. I was surprised that the two dragons just got out and went on like nothing happened. It would've been cool if Drogon would've had a scene asserting his dominance.

Jon Snow still knows nothing. And not knowing what on his mind it sort of look like he was suicidal. Charging in all stupidly when the night before he asked not to be brought back makes it sound like he did what he did because he didnt care. And, yes, he was trying not to suffocate in that pileup but that's a nasty way to die.

And Sansa needs to die now. She messed up the parlay, starting screaming at Jon while not actually saying anything, well, she did suggest to not act stupid but is that really a suggestion? Then at the end she was just having wry smiles as everything goes her way?

The show made it look like she wants to be in charge.

Oh, and this was the episode were they spent all the money. The battles looked really nice. Jon Snow walking through the mess while everything was going around was real cool. Too bad that the story didnt go up the level of the action.

While the visuals of the battle were fantastic, I have to say that yet another Stark (Snow) being stupid put me off giving this episode highest marks.

Is it so wrong to have anyone in the Stark line show smarts from the start?

I was more taken in by the Mereen story line.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Mereen stuff but I still don't like the choices the show is making, like the idea that Dany who arrived on a dragon is just going to chill until morning while an armada bombs her city purely so she can wave her dragons around the masters, who she kills anyway. The one they left alive was lowborn, any lowborn could have been the messenger than she destroyed their ships. Just a dumb choice by the writers and makes Dany look like shes happy to let her citizens die overnight while she hangs out despite having the tools to massacre that fleet there and then.

More dumb choices are Sansa being secretive about Littlefinger's allegiance to her. Just setting up false tension.

I don't give two shits about the north stuff though when he freed Rickon I was expecting him to release the hounds after him and then Ghost save him from them. The way Jon got baited just shows how dumb he is, Sansa said he'd do something like this and that Rickon would die and Jon didn't take any notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And Sansa needs to die now. She messed up the parlay, starting screaming at Jon while not actually saying anything, well, she did suggest to not act stupid but is that really a suggestion? Then at the end she was just having wry smiles as everything goes her way?
    She also saved everyone's asses by summoning Littlefinger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    She also saved everyone's asses by summoning Littlefinger.
    But you're forgetting that Sansa was the one who told Jon to rally the North and go to war. She put all those Northeners into the fight and then let most of them die.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    But you're forgetting that Sansa was the one who told Jon to rally the North and go to war. She put all those Northeners into the fight and then let most of them die.
    Yes, but you cannot blame her for Jon's poor commanding. They had a plan to maximise their troops and Jon wasted it for no reason, it's Jon's fault all those men died, not Sansa's. As she advised him against doing anything stupid if Ramsay is baiting, and what does Jon do? Something stupid the second Ramsay baits him.

Be slightly removed from reality to hold Sansa accountable when she tried to prevent Jon doing exactly what he did.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, but you cannot blame her for Jon's poor commanding.
    If Jon and everyone else would have known the Vale Army is in Moat Cailin and therefore about 20 minutes (by the show) away from Winterfell, they would have included that in their battle strategy.

Both Sansa and Jon Snow are to blame for the death of Wildlings, Extinction of Giants, House Mormont's 62 elite bear fighters dying and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    If Jon and everyone else would have known the Vale Army is in Moat Cailin and therefore about 20 minutes (by the show) away from Winterfell, they would have included that in their battle strategy.

Both Sansa and Jon Snow are to blame for the death of Wildlings, Extinction of Giants, House Mormont's 62 elite bear fighters dying and whatnot.
    I disagree, if Jon has held to the plan of waiting for Ramsay to attack then Sansa's army would have taken out the bulk of Ramsay's forces leaving most of Jon's army alive.

Sansa withholding the info was dumb, but Jon abandoning the plan that was designed to give them a fighting chance was dumber.

Ultimate Member

Did she know for sure that LF would even show up? The last time that they met she basically told him to go to Hell (albeit with good reason). Plus it's not like she's an experienced battle commander. But I guess everyone is a medieval battle strategist now, or people make 100% perfect decisions all the time in the heat of the moment.

As for "being predictable," I couldn't care less. I've been waiting for this kind of catharsis for so long that I was thrilled that FINALLY someone good got a win (plus the "twists" that the show kept throwing were becoming less and less effective anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Did she know for sure that LF would even show up? The last time that they met she basically told him to go to Hell (albeit with good reason). Plus it's not like she's an experienced battle commander. But I guess everyone is a medieval battle strategist now, or people make 100% perfect decisions all the time in the heat of the moment.

As for "being predictable," I couldn't care less. I've been waiting for this kind of catharsis for so long that I was thrilled that FINALLY someone good got a win (plus the "twists" that the show kept throwing were becoming less and less effective anyway).
    She sent him a raven in the last episode, and he was basically begging that he'd do anything she wants when they were fighting in Molestown. So him showing up would be a solid bet.

did theon call yara asha in the scene with dany?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

the sexism in here is strong

Jon is dumb, he refused to listen to his sister who spent time with Ramsay, she understood how he thought and he refused to listen.

he should be dead full stop, and she saved his ass

on Dany, she sent a message, the "master" she left alive will tell the other cities, and if they don't get the message, the same thing will happen

is it ok to call jon a stupid bastard?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

BANNED

yes,

and also I think during that conversation with Jon, she probably didn't know if the Vale would show up as they were already headed South