Page 207 of 555 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The last dragons died out hundreds(?) of years ago and the last ones were a big as a cat. Would any of weapons still be in usable condition? Would there be any in King's Landing since the Targaryen owned the dragons?
    In the books there are magical horns which can control dragons. Euron has one. Downside is that blowing the horn kills you.

There is no sign that Euron or anyone else has one of these horns on the show, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Is it me or Littlefinger just spoiled his whole plan to Sansa? I mean from my pov he totally screwed himself over by revealing his (beautiful picture) plan to her.
    Not at all. This is just part of his plan in action. He's placing the temptation in front of Sansa. Power. The throne. It's bait on the hook.

I've been repeating for the last few weeks that I think Sansa is going to stab Jon in the back. I think the pieces of that puzzle are coming together nicely. Baelish has positioned himself both as a powerful ally and as a potential suitor. I'd been thinking that he intends to play on her pride of place, and the match would be the North rallying around Jon rather than her. I'm rethinking that, however. Jon needs allies. Badly. He has virtually no leverage. Save a very unmarried "sister". You think Sansa's going to take that conversation well? Either way, Baelish needs to pry her away from her family. The predator needs his prey isolated and vulnerable.

Either way, I hope Jon learned some valuable lessons about watching his back the last time he was murdered by people he trusted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    In the books there are magical horns which can control dragons. Euron has one. Downside is that blowing the horn kills you.
    The horn controls slaves/thralls and that is what the horn did when Euron used it. That's how he won the Kingsmoot.

In ancient Valyrian civilizaiton when there were hundreds of dragons, you couldn't have used a horn to control a dragon because there were too many dragons, the horn was for slaves.
    Last edited by Drz; 06-28-2016 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    As fun as that image is, I'm now noticing that it's pretty odd. The blast instantly lifts//blows/throws/obliterates tons of concrete and material off the walls, but before that, the High Sparrow's body *isn't* blown away. Vaporized, yes, but his body remains in the same spot. Coupled with the mass destruction in the frames after his incineration, it looks like he's glued to the floor during the explosion.

BANNED

Unglaublich!

For anyone wondering what the point in Jon's death and fairly rapid resurrection were, it's all down to the oath he swore when he joined the Night's Watch.

He swore to serve and protect on The Wall until his death. As he himself explained this season, he has now been released from that oath as he did die. Without that get-out clause (so to speak), he's have never been free to leave The Wall and, ultimately, take over Robb's mantle as King in the North as he would've been classed as a deserter from the NW.

So that's why he had to die, at least as far as the TV series is concerned. What GRRM's plans for him are (if any!) is anybody's guess....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    He swore to serve and protect on The Wall until his death. As he himself explained this season, he has now been released from that oath as he did die.
    Except that the show even addresses the Oath and show's Edd's interprertation of the oath: "And for all night's to come" and most importantly: Noone knows Jon Snow died.

And if everyone knows Jon Snow died, why isn't anyone shocked about this? If it was common knowledge Melisandre can resurrect people, why didn't she try and resurrect everyone who died during the Battle of the Bastards?

Astonishing Member

Jon and Davos have not hidden the fact that Jon did die. I don't think the show is making it into some secret. I am sure they do know (Sansa knows), they are just not questioning it. The North certainly knows he was the NW commander and he couldn't leave unless he fulfilled his oath, the "...It shall not end until my death" part. That is a very definitive statement. Jon did die. Jon leaving the NW doesn't make him a deserter in any way or else the Northern houses would have brought it up. All they harped on was the Wildling horde now living south of the Wall. It's odd they don't question how he's walking around after dying but I would blame the show's writing moving at lightning speed and not taking the time to play all the beats surrounding Jon's resurrection.

"...The nights to come" is one of the conditions in serving at the Wall, while living, it says so. Edd is right but his interpretation doesn't nullify Jon meeting the requirement to leave the NW. He can always retake his oath if he wants but that won't happen. He served every night until he was killed, freeing him from his oath. That goes for Benjen as well but he's more walking dead than newly living.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Some people are claiming that Sansa is unhappy at seeing Jon proclaimed King in the North, but I don't agree... at least not yet. She wanted Jon to take the master bedchamber at Winterfell, and she was all smiles when the lords were cheering Jon as king. It wasn't until she caught sight of Littlefinger that her smile turned into a frown... because she knows what's going through his head.
    Yep.10 char
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    As fun as that image is, I'm now noticing that it's pretty odd. The blast instantly lifts//blows/throws/obliterates tons of concrete and material off the walls, but before that, the High Sparrow's body *isn't* blown away. Vaporized, yes, but his body remains in the same spot. Coupled with the mass destruction in the frames after his incineration, it looks like he's glued to the floor during the explosion.
    You dont know the chemical reaction that wildfire produces.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yep.10 char
    She was smiling happily while they proclaimed him King of the North. It's only after seeing LF is his corner, sulking that she came back down to earth. She knows exactly what LF wants and now Jon's been thrust in the way of him fulfilling that dream. I'd be worried too, if I was her. After shutting him down as awesomely as she did, she sees now that he's going to retaliate. He's an enemy in their midst, a snake in the grass who will do anything until he get what he wants.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

The problem with Littlefinger's plans is that Daenerys changes everything now, and how long can he control robin?...There's way too many variables in his scheme lol. I honestly see everything blowing up in his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon6 View Post
    The problem with Littlefinger's plans is that Daenerys changes everything now, and how long can he control robin?...There's way too many variables in his scheme lol. I honestly see everything blowing up in his face.
    Really that's why he needs Sansa (unless he can make himself an eligable enough bachlor for Dani). He needs to get his claws into her in order to have any sort of legitimate political clout. That won't be enough to take the 7 Kingdoms but at least it would give him the North.

But yeah... it'll probably blow up in his face.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

EDIT: Turner does elaborate some on that final look between Sansa & Baelish:

Q: In the scene, Sansa tells Jon that only a fool would trust Littlefinger. Later, she meets with Littlefinger and he paints this picture of himself on the Iron Throne, with Sansa at his side. She rejects him in the moment, but when Jon is crowned King in the North, Sansa and Littlefinger exchange a look with one another. What is Sansa thinking about Littlefinger's pitch by the end of the episode?

TURNER: As you say, she rejects him in the beginning, but there's definitely something in her that's… it's kind of a jealousy toward Jon. He's getting all of the credit for basically Sansa saving his ass. Obviously he played a huge part in the Battle of the Bastards, but Sansa really saved him. There's a bit of jealousy there. She looks at Littlefinger knowing that he would have put her as Queen in the North, and given her the credit she deserves. I don't think she's gunning for the Iron Throne anytime soon, but she realizes that Littlefinger might be a better ally than she thought, a more trustworthy ally than she thought.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-turner-906820

Another interesting comment in that interview: Sansa views Jon like Cat used to (around S1 at least): "she's always taken her mother's view of how Jon entered the family" (basically a shameful bastard, not really one of them) and knowing Jon wasn't Ned's bastard might actually help bond/heal Jon/Sansa
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-28-2016 at 09:02 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Starting to think now a Sansa-Baelish-Jon who's-she-gonna-politically-marry triangle might be in the works here. Petyr wants compensation for his help. Jon...well, it seems he's not sure what he wants yet. Sansa, it is starting to appear, will have to decide if she's gonna repay Petyr to keep his army (and marriage (power) is really all that Petyr will accept as compensation probably), or try to end him & really side with Jon (which killing Petyr won't be easy, if it can be done at all, especially in a way that keeps the Vale's army with the Starks).

As far as Dany, Baelish's best route against her is to ride and use the Starks and foster their ambition and foster conflict with Dany. Starks and Petyr need each other's army to make even a far-fetched power play against Dany (pre or post WWalker War). And of course Baelish will hope (down the road) a brutal high casualty victory over the White Walkers will further help open Iron Throne opportunity.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”