Page 254 of 555 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The quality of memes this season has been excellent
    How can you say something like that and not share any here?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It will be hard for me to judge this season, especially in isolation of S8.

Frankly, I haven't quite recovered from the show's utterly pathetic unepic adaptation of the famed Tower of Joy flashback scene from book 1, perhaps the best scene Martin ever wrote. The show's pathetic boring adaptation was a huge disappointment and made me wonder if that was the show's shark jumping moment for me.

(the scene is so bad I plan to not even watch it anymore, having seen it a few times now, and I don't count it as show canon in my head canon)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-04-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think what I've long feared will end up true: This show won't end all this the right way, it will rush an ending.

If Cersei vs Dany takes up approx this whole season, then the White Walkers and the war with them will be a too short rushed underwhelming affair.

The show has been fine avoiding the White Walkers & grand coordination and cooperation that would be needed to stop them, but this season should have been like all of that and it's not so far and doesn't look to be. People are still far from being on the same necessary pages. KL is still the focus. And even more episodes will have to be taken up with people getting on the right page and building for the White Walkers. Honestly, it feels like the White Walker war will be like one episode next season. That's what it feels like right now. I could end up wrong, but the glacial pacing makes it feel like that. And that'd be a shame.
    If that talk about every episode next season being feature length is true, I don't see how they wouldn't have enough time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    Hell,Braavos and Iron Bank were builded from free slaves,so they were too fond of slavery.Yet,the TV show makes slavery as a major fund from the IB.The whole IB plot was more interesting in the books,as a way to show Cercei's stupidity and turning the tables,giving support to Stannis.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    If that talk about every episode next season being feature length is true, I don't see how they wouldn't have enough time.
    If, big if, each gets at least 90 minutes, I think their chances of having enough time increase significantly. I grant you that much. Though I don't even know where S7 ends up yet. For all I know, it could still end with up with a ton of non-progress.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    If, big if, each gets at least 90 minutes, I think their chances of having enough time increase significantly. I grant you that much. Though I don't even know where S7 ends up yet. For all I know, it could still end with up with a ton of non-progress.
    I could see this season being Cersei's last. Kind of seems like that's were they're going. Unless the whole White Walker thing comes to a head at the zero hour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    The quality of memes this season has been excellent
    You talking about the meme of Jamie and Euron at a soccer game irl thats captioned " when your sister makes you hang out with her new boyfriend" ?

(Im not trying to spell eithers actors name)

Some of the military silliness of Game of Thrones (the Tyrells being retconned as pathetic in military terms, and Highgarden falling in approximately 26 seconds; medieval troops that can move great distances and conquer entire regions within about a day; Yara's storming of the Dreadfort in an earlier season; Ramsay's 20 good men in the last season; Euron's fleet in this season; Robb's plan to attack Casterly Rock being presented as credible...) does make me wonder about the anti-dragon ballista.

My first reaction to that was that it seemed a bit daft that they'd be able to move it/elevate it sufficiently rapidly to provide a serious threat to a very fast, flying target.

But they'll probably kill, say, Viserion, as he lands on the walls of King's Landing to roar in an epic manner before being shot by Cersei, sporting one of her elegant frocks and her customary thin-lipped smile.

I guess we're due another appearance by Qyburn shortly.

Qyburn... master surgeon, necromancer, spy-master, royal adviser, and now master of anti-dragon military technology.

There are so many strings to his particular bow that he might as well be a Batman nemesis

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Honestly, I just assume that large chunks of time do pass but the show just doesn't showcase them to spare us the boring bits.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I understand not showing us long scenes of Cersei sitting around filing her nails, but the show should do a better job of indicating the passage of time, rather than editing everything to make it seem like it's all happening at once.

They might have been better off just reducing the scale of the whole world... like, decide that Westeros is more like the size of Great Britain than South America. It doesn't help that GRRM depicted Westeros as more like Anglo-Saxon Britain than like Roman Europe, which would (and did) require a much different method of administration.

I'm thinking that one of Dany's dragons will be killed by the ballista (it's Chekhov's Ballista, after all) and that she will then be overcome with rage and decide to just go nuts and go all Firebombing of Dresden on King's Landing. Somebody (probably Tyrion) will point out to her that she's about to go one step beyond even what her Mad King father did in burning the city and all its people. Then whether she goes ahead and dracaryses the place to ashes, or holds herself back, depends on where they intend to go with the story.

BANNED

This is just kind of the problem of tv. Characters are just kind of there because you "can't" have a main characters just kind of disappear for a season or two, or three. I mean, did we really need to follow Daenerys beyond the first season? No, not really. But it's serialized tv, and she's like the other main character from season 1...and she's the one that lived.

You also can't really be running the stories of like ten different main characters at the same time while also having them jumping back and forth between the long amounts of time it would take to march whoever all the way over here, or sail however far over there. Could you imagine a show if some character over here was doing some little thing while this character over here was laying siege for a year, while another characters story was playing out in almost real time? It would likely be a huge mess. Mostly I don't think the passage of time in the show is all that much of a problem. Although this last episode it seemed kind of wonky given you've got characters sailing all over the place, while Snow was being held somewhere; you don't really get any idea of how much time has passed, but it seems like too little given everything that's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I understand not showing us long scenes of Cersei sitting around filing her nails, but the show should do a better job of indicating the passage of time, rather than editing everything to make it seem like it's all happening at once.

They might have been better off just reducing the scale of the whole world... like, decide that Westeros is more like the size of Great Britain than South America. It doesn't help that GRRM depicted Westeros as more like Anglo-Saxon Britain than like Roman Europe, which would (and did) require a much different method of administration.

I'm thinking that one of Dany's dragons will be killed by the ballista (it's Chekhov's Ballista, after all) and that she will then be overcome with rage and decide to just go nuts and go all Firebombing of Dresden on King's Landing. Somebody (probably Tyrion) will point out to her that she's about to go one step beyond even what her Mad King father did in burning the city and all its people. Then whether she goes ahead and dracaryses the place to ashes, or holds herself back, depends on where they intend to go with the story.
    I think you can take short cuts as far as transportation goes. Scenes with Jamie just riding a horse or Jon sitting on a boat getting from point a to point b just seems skippable to me, at least if the show is starting to wind down.

BANNED

Game of Thrones takes a whole **** ton from movies, when are we going to get the Gerry episode that's just the characters walking or sailing to where for the whole episode?

You know, I joke, but it would be funny to see. I imagine that would really piss some people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    How can you say something like that and not share any here?
    Because spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You talking about the meme of Jamie and Euron at a soccer game irl thats captioned " when your sister makes you hang out with her new boyfriend" ?

(Im not trying to spell eithers actors name)
    Im talking all of them. From the Jon and Dany memes, to the Jamie and Euron at the soccer game

Memes have been on point.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.