Page 30 of 555 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

BANNED

I'm not really sad that Ygriette died. The way I look at it she digged her own grave.

BANNED

I like this battle better than the Blackwater battle because the Blackwater battle involved two villains fighting eachother and the only one I wanted to see live was Tyrion, who is the only less villainous one of the bunch. This one was a good old fashioned heroes vs villains battle. Eventhough the Nights Watch follow a very loose definition of the word heroes they appear more heroic when compared to the Wildlings. I was actually rooting for the Nights Watch during the whole battle.

Jon Snow asspulls out of a lot of problems.

- He is saved against Karl by one of Craster's wives.
    - His feud with Allister is settled by Commander Mormont, who sends Allister away for a while.
    - His lives against the Wildlings when Half-Hand devises the infiltration plan and sacrifices himself.
    - He is gifted a Varyian steel sword by Mormont.
    - He lives when Ygriette can't bring herself to kill him after he escapes.
    - He survives the climb on the Wall with a desperation attempt with his climbing pick.

That's why he's the hero of the story. He has lived far longer than he should have.

BANNED

save for a few, i don't see the free folk as the bad guys. they have a real, desperate reason to attack the wall at this point.

BANNED

save for a few, i don't see the free folk as the bad guys. they have a real, desperate reason to attack the wall at this point.
    Still, was there a reason to butcher everyone in their path to the wall? Men women and children?

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Still, was there a reason to butcher everyone in their path to the wall? Men women and children?
    Food. Thenns gotta eat ya know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    Well, except that they never tried to...you know, talk and try to come over, and instead started off with murdering and cannabalism, i guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, except that they never tried to...you know, talk and try to come over, and instead started off with murdering and cannabalism, i guess.
    Yeah it's hard to sympathize with the Wildlings if one doesn't overlook this fact.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I like this battle better than the Blackwater battle because the Blackwater battle involved two villains fighting eachother and the only one I wanted to see live was Tyrion, who is the only less villainous one of the bunch.
    2 villains?The only villains in this episode was Joffrey and Cercei and they were not fighting each other.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    2 villains?The only villains in this episode was Joffrey and Cercei and they were not fighting each other.
    Well Stannis would be considered as one if he weren't so focused on just The Lannisters

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    Jon Snow asspulls out of a lot of problems.

- He is saved against Karl by one of Craster's wives.
    - His feud with Allister is settled by Commander Mormont, who sends Allister away for a while.
    - His lives against the Wildlings when Half-Hand devises the infiltration plan and sacrifices himself.
    - He is gifted a Varyian steel sword by Mormont.
    - He lives when Ygriette can't bring herself to kill him after he escapes.
    - He survives the climb on the Wall with a desperation attempt with his climbing pick.

That's why he's the hero of the story. He has lived far longer than he should have.
    Good catch, there could definitely be something there.

Fantastic Member

Well Stannis would be considered as one if he weren't so focused on just The Lannisters
    Id argue Stannis is much more a hero then a villain. He's pretty much Ned Stark under the influence of the red priestess

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Stannis is a harsh,lawful neutral character.He is a much more flawed version of Eddard Stark.Of all the contenters for the Iron Throne,he is by far the most intriguing and just of the Kings of the saga.It's the execution from the TV show that makes Stannis looking like a dick,rather than a harsh,but just man.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

BANNED

hence the 'save for a few'. i don't remember if the advance party did the same in the books

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    c'mon, are we saying that the crows would have said, 'sure, mance, c'mon through. come on, with all of those people. and giants'.

the two sides have never hesitated to kill each other on site and for who knows how long, the watch went from guarding the wall against the white walkers to guarding it against the free folk.

Incredible Member

They were trying to draw the Night's Watch out to fight them in the open.