Page 319 of 555 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369419 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I think very few considered that Rhaegar took Lyanna by force.It's pretty clear that there was consensus in it.Although,that doesn't make them innocent and their love screwed the realm.Lyanna's move pissed Rickon and Brandon who went to King's Landing and demanded excuses from Aerys,which ended with both Lyanna's father and big brother dead and later Aerys condemned Robert,Ned and Jon Arryn.Only when Arryn raised his banners,we had war.So,i don't pity Lyanna and Rhaegar.
    I always thought that Rhaegar did kidnap her, but they fell in love at some point maybe....

but yeah, it caused RIPPLES

I think Jon (once he finds out) will use his heritage to claim the North, make it truly independent

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    that was a welcome and interesting twist, as we've all been led to believe that Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna and that's where Jon came from, along with Robert going to war

but knowing they fell in love and were secret married is way fine by me
    It's perhaps a twist for those only watching the show but in the books it's been pretty clear for a while now, it was cool to see it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's perhaps a twist for those only watching the show but in the books it's been pretty clear for a while now, it was cool to see it though.
    been reading the series since 2004, all thats pretty much said is Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark

not a lot of meat in the sandwich until last night

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

What Rhaegar and Lyanna did was very reckless, they ran off (no kidnapping at all I think) and didn't even bother to send out letters to try to explain (though I suppose the letters might have been rejected as fake/coerced). It seems the only thing they did was get the annulment and get married and hung out as everything collapsed.

Lyanna should have sent a raven to Ned for a private meeting and then convinced Ned this love was real and go take back that news to Robert and Jon Arryn. It might have at least altered the intensity of the war and led to different events. Possibly a deal with Rhaegar.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 09:17 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    What Rhaegar and Lyanna did was very reckless, they ran off (no kidnapping at all I think) and didn't even bother to send out letters to explain. It seems the only thing they did was get the annulment and get married and hung out as everything collapsed.
    ....damn

when you put it that way

also I was eating ice cream during the Baelish scene

"How do you answer these charges....Lord Baelish?"

I almost choked on my Ben and Jerrys

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

What Rhaegar and Lyanna did was very reckless, they ran off (no kidnapping at all I think) and didn't even bother to send out letters to explain (though I suppose the letters might have been rejected as fake/coerced). It seems the only thing they did was get the annulment and get married and hung out as everything collapsed.

Lyanna should have sent a raven to Ned for a private meeting and then convinced Ned this love was real and go take back that news to Robert and Jon Arryn. It might have at least altered the intensity of the war and led to different events.
    There's no justification for the whole mess that Rhaegar did,because he was in love/wanted to make 3 heads of the dragon/prophesies mambo jumbo.His act enraged 3 of the Seven Kingdoms and ended the Targaryen dynasty,something that even the Blackfyre rebellion didn't manage.Robert's fury was just.Besides,it was Aerys arrogant to go against Jon Arryn and the North that made the situation a full scale civil war.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    There's no justification for the whole mess that Rhaegar did,because he was in love/wanted to make 3 heads of the dragon/prophesies mambo jumbo.His act enraged 3 of the Seven Kingdoms and ended the Targaryen dynasty,something that even the Blackfyre rebellion didn't manage.Robert's fury was just.Besides,it was Aerys arrogant to go against Jon Arryn and the North that made the situation a full scale civil war.
    You too much ignore the Tywin/Aerys feud though, which ended up forcing Rhaegar into marriage with Elia, because Aerys wanted to snub Tywin who was pushing for Rhaegar/Cersei.

Mad King Aerys long caused trouble for his family. Tywin & Aerys used to be best friends and then Aerys went too paranoid and mean and alienated Tywin and his own son Rhaegar.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 09:36 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I think Dany would be less bothered by having sex with her nephew (she's a Targaryen, after all) and more bothered by the fact that he's the rightful king of Westeros over her, after all she's done. I think that's going to be a big problem for her, and it won't help that Jon is a really nice guy or even if he renounces his claim to the throne... the succession is what it is. She would know that she was queen only because Jon... Aegon... let her be.

I think Tyrion's unhappiness at Jon and Dany bumping bellies was not because he was hoping to wind up with Dany (he's realistic enough to know that would never happen), but because he knows people in love don't think clearly. Love makes you do the wacky, in the words of Willow Rosenberg. Those two both need to be focused on the big picture, not on each other.

I think it's inevitable that Dany gets pregnant. Jon was perfectly right... "Who told you you couldn't have children?" "The witch who murdered my husband... wait, it sounds silly when I put it like that..."

And I'm not at all convinced that Cersei is really pregnant. I think she's using it as armor, because she knows her enemies are all honorable fools who wouldn't kill a pregnant woman, and because she thought (falsely, it turns out) she could keep Jaime by her side out of concern for his child, if not for her.

DB
    What Rhaegar and Lyanna did was very reckless, they ran off (no kidnapping at all I think) and didn't even bother to send out letters to try to explain (though I suppose the letters might have been rejected as fake/coerced). It seems the only thing they did was get the annulment and get married and hung out as everything collapsed.

Lyanna should have sent a raven to Ned for a private meeting and then convinced Ned this love was real and go take back that news to Robert and Jon Arryn. It might have at least altered the intensity of the war and led to different events. Possibly a deal with Rhaegar.
    The problem is that the truth isn't much better than the lie. They're going to war over this either way. It does change a lot of the smaller details though, so maybe it did make a potentially bad situation worse.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    been reading the series since 2004, all thats pretty much said is Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna Stark

not a lot of meat in the sandwich until last night
    It's all that's said, but I haven't met many who believed it based on tonal clues and the general thrust of the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think Dany would be less bothered by having sex with her nephew (she's a Targaryen, after all) and more bothered by the fact that he's the rightful king of Westeros over her, after all she's done. I think that's going to be a big problem for her, and it won't help that Jon is a really nice guy or even if he renounces his claim to the throne... the succession is what it is. She would know that she was queen only because Jon... Aegon... let her be.
    I think that's what would make her really angry.
    Jon: I don't want the iron throne.
    Daenerys: Look at the saint here.
    I think Tyrion's unhappiness at Jon and Dany bumping bellies was not because he was hoping to wind up with Dany (he's realistic enough to know that would never happen), but because he knows people in love don't think clearly. Love makes you do the wacky, in the words of Willow Rosenberg. Those two both need to be focused on the big picture, not on each other.
    I think so too. Tyrion knows love can make you do stupid things(Shae).
    Also, this maybe hoping for a fairy tale like ending. But I think Tyrion and Sansa ends up together. Not like it doesn't make any sense. All Sansa ever wanted was marry a handsome prince, and ends up loving a dwarf twice her age.
    I think it's inevitable that Dany gets pregnant. Jon was perfectly right... "Who told you you couldn't have children?" "The witch who murdered my husband... wait, it sounds silly when I put it like that..."
    I'm 50/50 on that one.
    And I'm not at all convinced that Cersei is really pregnant. I think she's using it as armor, because she knows her enemies are all honorable fools who wouldn't kill a pregnant woman, and because she thought (falsely, it turns out) she could keep Jaime by her side out of concern for his child, if not for her.
    Yeah, I'm not convinced either. I think that's what makes Jaime kill her.

Was i the only one who thought jamie was dead? Like when she nodded i thought that was a off with his head nod not a let him go nod. I was yelling at the tv. Bitch you better not kill jamie. Hopefuly Braun defects with him

Also im 100% certain hound is safe now untill his showdown with his brother. I meam Arya and Breanne might be able to take Gregor but yea no the hound and him fighting is gonna be one of the show stoppers to end next season. Also cant wait for his reunion with Arya and Sansa. I think he loves both of them though with Sansa its. Because he wanted her
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-28-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I just see no real reason why Jon and Daenerys would have any problems with the revelation. Yeah they're related, but they're also more powerful together and are Targaryens.

Then again Jon, as much as I love him, always has had a problem with just talking about things. He's a man of action. So I just hope he is open with her about his utter disinterest in being king. He would make a good husband to a ruling queen though. They balance each other out. Ice and fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Was i the only one who thought jamie was dead? Like when she nodded i thought that was a off with his head nod not a let him go nod. I was yelling at the tv. Bitch you better not kill jamie.
    Last night I watched with two friends. All three of us were sitting on the couch. When Cersei nodded, all three of us quickly lifted our legs and wrapped our arms around our bent legs, partially hiding behind our knees.

I love the tension on this show sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Was i the only one who thought jamie was dead? Like when she nodded i thought that was a off with his head nod not a let him go nod. I was yelling at the tv. Bitch you better not kill jamie. Hopefuly Braun defects with him

Also im 100% certain hound is safe now untill his showdown with his brother. I meam Arya and Breanne might be able to take Gregor but yea no the hound and him fighting is gonna be one of the show stoppers to end next season. Also cant wait for his reunion with Arya and Sansa. I think he loves both of them though with Sansa its. Because he wanted her
    Nope, you weren't the only one. That would've been a pathetic death. I'm over Jaime, but no way Cercei killing him would've made me happy.