Page 320 of 555 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I just see no real reason why Jon and Daenerys would have any problems with the revelation. Yeah they're related, but they're also more powerful together and are Targaryens.
    Kit already suggested in an interview that Jon is not cool with incest. I think the most immediate effect of Jon learning his truth will be an immediate relationship freeze, where he will wonder if he can continue this. (Eventually he'll be cool with it)

But he can renounce any rightful claim and I don't see any reason why he will suddenly feel it's not Dany's Throne. And I don't see why Dany would have some fatal concern about Jon or his super clear lack of ambition.

So...that's either a puzzle there, or not. Maybe the simple solution is that Dany graciously (after much rumination & counsel) settles for Queen to quell possible dissatisfaction with her claim, confident her reform policies will be implemented by Jon (as her frontman basically).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

If the theory that Jon impregnates her (which they seemingly have been hinted at a lot this season) ends up being the case, that changes things as well. Also haven't the Starks married their relatives before as well? I mean it's not on the level of the Targaryen's certainly, but it's not unprecedented either.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Was i the only one who thought jamie was dead? Like when she nodded i thought that was a off with his head nod not a let him go nod. I was yelling at the tv. Bitch you better not kill jamie. Hopefuly Braun defects with him

Also im 100% certain hound is safe now untill his showdown with his brother. I meam Arya and Breanne might be able to take Gregor but yea no the hound and him fighting is gonna be one of the show stoppers to end next season. Also cant wait for his reunion with Arya and Sansa. I think he loves both of them though with Sansa its. Because he wanted her
    I think tell Tyrion scene somewhat broke that tension for me. If Trion can call the bluff so can Jamie. Granted there were more strategic reasons not to kill Tyrion but that's balanced out by the personal reasons not to kill Jamie.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I just see no real reason why Jon and Daenerys would have any problems with the revelation. Yeah they're related, but they're also more powerful together and are Targaryens.

Then again Jon, as much as I love him, always has had a problem with just talking about things. He's a man of action. So I just hope he is open with her about his utter disinterest in being king. He would make a good husband to a ruling queen though. They balance each other out. Ice and fire.
    I think the revelation will be a nothing burger for the most part, cause at the end of the day super bitch Cersei has the throne. PLUS they still have to survive the army of the dead. I mean pick your poison.

Ultimate Member

Honestly given how the northern lords feel about her, Jon sleeping with/being romantic with Dany at all would probably tick them off just as much.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I don't think their will be a Throne. I'm thinking NK destroys the red keep. Remember that vision Danny saw? I also think Jon's background reveal might end up beig a moot point. At least in regards to the throne.

I now think we're being set up to see Dany renounce her claim in favor of Jon as King Aegon (with her as non-co-equal-ruling Queen).

That's probably why they are emphasizing Dany's harsh rigidness about being the sole ruling Queen, so that it makes her sacrificial concession (for loooooove) more impactful.

Jon put down his pride for her and now she will do the same for him. Awwwww.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I think the revelation will be a nothing burger for the most part, cause at the end of the day super bitch Cersei has the throne. PLUS they still have to survive the army of the dead. I mean pick your poison.
    They'll probably save it for after the Walkers. If Jon saves the day and is viewed by everyone as the savior of Westeros and the promised prince or whatever, it'll add fuel to the notion of him being king.

Because Jon is Jon, this isn't necessarily as big a deal as it potentially could be. But it's impossible for this not to be a source of tension. This sort of undermines Danys whole vision of things, even if Jon is willing to stand aside.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They'll probably save it for after the Walkers. If Jon saves the day and is viewed by everyone as the savior of Westeros and the promised prince or whatever, it'll add fuel to the notion of him being king.

Because Jon is Jon, this isn't necessarily as big a deal as it potentially could be. But it's impossible for this not to be a source of tension. This sort of undermines Danys whole vision of things, even if Jon is willing to stand aside.
    You're missing the point. There's noway they're getting out of The War For the Dawn without HEAVY casualties. And Cersei won't give a **** about what Jon or Danny accomplishes. Now they said they was going for a bitter sweet ending with the show. I suspect who ever is the last monarch standing they're going to be the King/Queen of the ashes.

There will be a bittersweet ending. Some big players will die. And I think the show will suggest or show that new Baelishes and Tywins and Tyells lurk, the wheel lives on, it won't be stopped.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-28-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Was i the only one who thought jamie was dead? Like when she nodded i thought that was a off with his head nod not a let him go nod. I was yelling at the tv. Bitch you better not kill jamie. Hopefuly Braun defects with him

Also im 100% certain hound is safe now untill his showdown with his brother. I meam Arya and Breanne might be able to take Gregor but yea no the hound and him fighting is gonna be one of the show stoppers to end next season. Also cant wait for his reunion with Arya and Sansa. I think he loves both of them though with Sansa its. Because he wanted her
    Nope. I also thought Cercei would have Jamie killed. Tyrion was safe because Dany would have killed Cercei with Dragonfire if Cercei did anything to him. Not killing him was an act of self-preservation. But the only thing protecting Jaimie was Cercei's feelings for him, which are much more suspect now than they were before.

As for the other discussion, I don't see Tyrion betraying anyone. He may not approve of Jon and Dany getting together, but he likes and respects both of them and is not the sort to try to harm a good person. I think he just wishes they'd act more rationally and consider the political implications of their getting together, rather than rushing into things.

The fight against the white walkers is too important for any of the current players other than Cercei to betray each other, and really other than Cercei none of them hate each other.

Next season pretty much every character could die. Jon is safe until his parentage issue is resolved, but that could happen early. The Hound has to have Cleganebowl, but he could die there or later. Dany could fall in battle, as could everyone else, including all the Stark kids. The only character who I am sure will not die is Tyrion.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's not like this was a modernized court case with a judge and jury, where he's innocent until proven guilty. His ONLY chance was to get Sansa to support him over her brother and sister, but whatever hold LF may have had on Sansa likely ended once he handed her over to the Boltons.

Really Sansa alone probably knows enough of his dirty laundry to justify killing him even without any additional information Bran might deliver. That was just icing on the cake.
    Correct, it's not a modern day trial which means that master manipulator LF could cause an easy divide to get off. From the start of the season it has been shown that this northern kingdom is still on shaky ground with people constantly disagreeing. Yet LF could not use that to save himself?

All of a sudden everyone agrees with Sansa with whatever charges she throws out? This needed to be built better. This is way worst than people teleporting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Correct, it's not a modern day trial which means that master manipulator LF could cause an easy divide to get off. From the start of the season it has been shown that this northern kingdom is still on shaky ground with people constantly disagreeing. Yet LF could not use that to save himself?

All of a sudden everyone agrees with Sansa with whatever charges she throws out? This needed to be built better. This is way worst than people teleporting.
    Northerners respect strength and honor, Sansa showed both in exposing Littlefingers lies

yes, there were some Norther Lords who were uneasy about Jon or Sansa, but those fears were laid to rest last night

Extraordinary Member

Cercei blaming Tyrion for the deaths of her children was a bit rich. Myrcella was dead the moment the Mountain killed Oberyn, and I doubt Tywin being alive would have convinced Elaria not to take revenge. As for Tommen, that was entirely Cercei's fault. If Tywin was alive he would have stopped Cercei's stupidity in bringing the religious cult to power and blowing up the sept with her daughter-in-law inside, but that's all on Cercei. Had she not been obsessed with killing Tyrion, the Martells would never have sought to harm Mycella. Had she not been obsessed with he status as opposed to Margery's, Tommen would still be alive and happy. But she can't accept that she is to blame for anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Northerners respect strength and honor, Sansa showed both in exposing Littlefingers lies

yes, there were some Norther Lords who were uneasy about Jon or Sansa, but those fears were laid to rest last night
    The northerners couldn't care less about Baelish and wouldn't have said a word if he was murdered in his sleep. It was the Knights of the Vale Sansa needed to convince, and the moment she got him to confess to murdering her aunt they were prepared to believe the part about Jon Arryn as well, leaving hi with nothing. Setting it up as a trial for Arya was a very smart play, since just arresting Littlefinger would allow him to to try to weasel his way out of and use the Vale connection to his advantage. But they caught him with his guard down for once, and now the Vale has no reason to turn against Sansa.